Wrestling Forum banner

Do you want to see this match?

A very Huge name was offered huge money and a match with Roman Reigns at WrestleMania

4084 83
Reactions: M1M2M3M4M5M6M7M8
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

· Registered
426 Posts
One more run for Austin why not. But only if he at least does a shedule similar to Rock back when he came back where he would actually come and cut promos and brawl with the bloodline etc.

It could make sense storyline wise where the bloodline beaus up Sami and KO and Austin comes for the save due to KO having earned his respect in last year mania .

So we can have maybe a warm up triple threat before with Austin Sami and KO vs Roman and the usos and then Roman vs Austin and Usos vs KO and Sami at mania .

Perhaps the match can be a big street fight with a bunch of interferences like Usos try to screw Austin first, then KO and Sami comes and brawls with the usos and drives them back then Solo comes and interferes again just to get a stunner but the said stunner distracts Austin just enough for Roman to recover and hit a Spear for the win.

It could be a good match and show overall although I personally rather have Cody win the RR and beat Roman for the title at mania so we can have a legit full time champ and a new made man at mania …

· Registered
1,311 Posts
You'd have to be a special type of slow to think that The Rock would have any interest in.. Wrestlemania 39. Wish you were right though so Roman isn't champ until Mania 40
Hollywood? Check
Reigns at the peak of his popularity? Check
Head of the Table at its peak storyline wise? Check

There is no other perfect time for this to happen.

Fuck Johnson.

· Premium Member
3,025 Posts
Hollywood? Check
Reigns at the peak of his popularity? Check
Head of the Table at its peak storyline wise? Check

There is no other perfect time for this to happen.

Fuck Johnson.
Your first 4 points are true. This is not a match I have ever wanted to see but I didn't grow up in the era of The Rock so don't particularly care for him as anything other than an actor. Fuck part timers.

· Registered
4,767 Posts
This only works if Austin wins and then it become this huge story and he becomes the main star of Raw and that show becomes way more compelling.

They could also work into it the fact that Austin had this feud with KO last year and KO is in a feud with Roman. You place the Rumble after the title mach. Austin is a guest of honor at that Mania. Bloodline do a number on KO(and possibly Sami) after KO's loss. Austin comes in and clear the ring. KO takes the mic and ask "why did you help me" to Austin. Austin talk about how he respects him and reminds him of himself. Anyway so the Rumble happens with many participants. Jay Uso is announced many times, doesn't come in. You find him taken out backstage. Then you hear Austin's music and he comes from the entry way to join the Rumble! Then he wins it to face Roman at Mania. The story of 2023: the return of two old men, Vince and Austin! lol

· Premium Member
15,127 Posts
Ya just give Austin the rub, have him celebrate in the most epic way possible, have all the GOATs go out there to celebrate with him.

Confeti, beers, pyros... And go with "This is the end of wrestling"

I'm all for it. Lmao
I agree it feels like the end of wrestling so for the love of god and all the make a wish kids can JOHN CENA become superman for 1 more night, end the reign of terror and close the curtains as the 17th time world champion and undisputed goat??

· Registered
42 Posts
One more run for Austin why not. But only if he at least does a shedule similar to Rock back when he came back where he would actually come and cut promos and brawl with the bloodline etc.

It could make sense storyline wise where the bloodline beaus up Sami and KO and Austin comes for the save due to KO having earned his respect in last year mania .

So we can have maybe a warm up triple threat before with Austin Sami and KO vs Roman and the usos and then Roman vs Austin and Usos vs KO and Sami at mania .

Perhaps the match can be a big street fight with a bunch of interferences like Usos try to screw Austin first, then KO and Sami comes and brawls with the usos and drives them back then Solo comes and interferes again just to get a stunner but the said stunner distracts Austin just enough for Roman to recover and hit a Spear for the win.

It could be a good match and show overall although I personally rather have Cody win the RR and beat Roman for the title at mania so we can have a legit full time champ and a new made man at mania …
I recently suggested that Austin returns to save Owens from a beatdown at the Rumble on Saturday. As you said, it's easy for Austin to explain that Owens earned his respect. You also have the subtle shot that Roman made at Austin on the go home Raw before Mania 38.

Meanwhile, Sami avoids the post match confrontation in order to stay fresh for the Rumble. This will plant the seed for a matchup again Roman at Elimination Chamber. As for Mania, I'd consider going with Austin, Owens & Sami vs the Usos & Solo. If Austin looks even better than last year, they can move forward with a matchup vs Roman in Saudi Arabia. This is ideal for everyone assuming Roman has already dropped both titles.

To close things out, you could even have the Bloodline finally turn on Roman during or after the match against Austin on Saudi Arabia. Austin goes over in a way that doesn't embarrass Roman.

· Registered
426 Posts
I recently suggested that Austin returns to save Owens from a beatdown at the Rumble on Saturday. As you said, it's easy for Austin to explain that Owens earned his respect. You also have the subtle shot that Roman made at Austin on the go home Raw before Mania 38.

Meanwhile, Sami avoids the post match confrontation in order to stay fresh for the Rumble. This will plant the seed for a matchup again Roman at Elimination Chamber. As for Mania, I'd consider going with Austin, Owens & Sami vs the Usos & Solo. If Austin looks even better than last year, they can move forward with a matchup vs Roman in Saudi Arabia. This is ideal for everyone assuming Roman has already dropped both titles.

To close things out, you could even have the Bloodline finally turn on Roman during or after the match against Austin on Saudi Arabia. Austin goes over in a way that doesn't embarrass Roman.
Yea Solo and Usos vs Sami KO and Austin makes a lot of sense for mania especially with Cody winning RR and challenging Roman. And then a Saudi show with Roman vs Austin min title match.

A tag team match at mania will allow Austin to take a breath between the tags and the match will be fun to watch.

Another option to start the feud would be with Sami and KO being always outnumbered by the bloodline and eventually to be offered a 3v3 match if anyone agrees to tag with them. They can tease that on tv for a few weeks with both guys trying to recruit someone but everyone is either afraid to go vs bloodline of if they agree the bloodline takes them out by beating them backstage .

And just as they run out of options KO finally reveals that he found a partner who isn’t afraid of the bloodline and will be glad to kick some ass at mania so Austin music hits and the match is set.

The good thing for either scenario is that because multiple people will be involved in that feud, Austin shortcomings in stamina will be easy to overcome as he can be taking a break/rest while his partners do the work and Austin can work as the hot tag .

· Registered
42 Posts
Yea Solo and Usos vs Sami KO and Austin makes a lot of sense for mania especially with Cody winning RR and challenging Roman. And then a Saudi show with Roman vs Austin min title match.

A tag team match at mania will allow Austin to take a breath between the tags and the match will be fun to watch.

Another option to start the feud would be with Sami and KO being always outnumbered by the bloodline and eventually to be offered a 3v3 match if anyone agrees to tag with them. They can tease that on tv for a few weeks with both guys trying to recruit someone but everyone is either afraid to go vs bloodline of if they agree the bloodline takes them out by beating them backstage .

And just as they run out of options KO finally reveals that he found a partner who isn’t afraid of the bloodline and will be glad to kick some ass at mania so Austin music hits and the match is set.

The good thing for either scenario is that because multiple people will be involved in that feud, Austin shortcomings in stamina will be easy to overcome as he can be taking a break/rest while his partners do the work and Austin can work as the hot tag .

Totally agree on all of this. In regard to fatigue, Austin was always known for having great stamina during his prime years. Kurt Angle specifically mentioned how he would get blown up in their matches. With the recent workout videos and weight loss, it wouldn't surprise me if Steve has more in the tank than people are expecting. The pace will be slower, but I think he'll be able to handle more this time around. Not to mention, he wouldn't be sitting around for 10 minutes following an epic entrance. I think the slow start at Mania 38 had a lot to do with the length of the promo segment. There was such a noticeable difference in how he moved after the ring post bump.

· None. More. Hated.
Out The Curtain, Lights Go Up, I'm Home..
17,789 Posts
For what it is, another rumor per Metzler (so take it with a grain of salt) was that Stone Cold was actually pitched a match with Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 39 and not Roman.

The Lesnar match while on paper a huge deal..I mean..what could they do? Austin's neck can't take any of Brocks suplexes and Austin really isn't going to be able to do much to Brock besides punch and kick.

· Registered
42 Posts
The Lesnar match while on paper a huge deal..I mean..what could they do? Austin's neck can't take any of Brocks suplexes and Austin really isn't going to be able to do much to Brock besides punch and kick.
There's no way he's taking a series of suplexes, but Austin's lifestyle on the road, poor diet, alcohol, tons of caffeine, lack of water, personal issues, etc. magnified the wear and tear on his neck. Let's not forget that he had a panic attack the night before Mania 19.

Steve likely feels a hell of a lot better now than he did in 2003. For all we know, doctors might conclude that he's safe to take some bumps (if not botched) without risking serious injury. At that point it comes down to Steve's willingness to trust Lesnar to execute the moves safely.

We saw him take an F-5 after his original retirement match against the Rock.

· Registered
82 Posts
Yeah on one hand this makes more sense that this was probably the match they want or wanted Stone Cold to do. On the other hand I wonder if Austin could even take the bumps.
There's no way he's taking a series of suplexes, but Austin's lifestyle on the road, poor diet, alcohol, tons of caffeine, lack of water, personal issues, etc. magnified the wear and tear on his neck. Let's not forget that he had a panic attack the night before Mania 19.

Steve likely feels a hell of a lot better now than he did in 2003. For all we know, doctors might conclude that he's safe to take some bumps (if not botched) without risking serious injury. At that point it comes down to Steve's willingness to trust Lesnar to execute the moves safely.

We saw him take an F-5 after his original retirement match against the Rock.
Good point. Still I wonder how much Stone Cold will want to take if true. I imagine Austin is going to want safe hands and refrain from working stiff matches at his age. Granted for what it is, we all know Lesnar is capable of doing a match that isn't him hitting suplexes.

· Registered
26 Posts
While I love Austin and would be all for a title run, WWE needs to get out of this habit of having to make phone calls in order to get big matches for Mania. Austin was done 20 years ago…. That be like Vince asking Bruno to headline against HHH for Mania 2000. Insane to thing of right?

· Registered
271 Posts
While I love Austin and would be all for a title run, WWE needs to get out of this habit of having to make phone calls in order to get big matches for Mania. Austin was done 20 years ago…. That be like Vince asking Bruno to headline against HHH for Mania 2000. Insane to thing of right?
Yep. Asking Steve Austin to hit the main this year at Mania is exactly like asking Bruno to do the favor for Triple H in 2000.

I mean, in 2000, at the peak of the attitude era what people clamored for was Bruno because, like Austin is in today's era, he was a much more marquee name than either The Rock, Mick Foley or even Austin himself at that point

· Registered
26 Posts
Yep. Asking Steve Austin to hit the main this year at Mania is exactly like asking Bruno to do the favor for Triple H in 2000.

I mean, in 2000, at the peak of the attitude era what people clamored for was Bruno because, like Austin is in today's era, he was a much more marquee name than either The Rock, Mick Foley or even Austin himself at that point
😂 what I meant was relying on stars past their prime because they had failed to build a Austin Foley Rock Taker etc

61 - 80 of 84 Posts