Wrestling Forum banner

Do you want to see this match?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

· Registered
1,529 Posts
So many people on Twitter called Meltzer a liar for saying Roman vs The Rock might not happen yet here SRS is reporting WWE offered Stone Cold huge money to wrestle Roman Reigns. Almost like The Rock isn’t nailed on to return to fight Roman. They don’t make this offer to Stone Cold if The Rock is confirmed to wrestle Roman.

• Facepalm
Reactions: TheDonald

· Registered
1,529 Posts
Austin was such a big star (and one of the biggest drawing cards they have) that, if he's coming back for a pre-advertised match and a full program, it makes sense to plug him in against one of the biggest stars they have.

Austin shouldn't be used as a gatekeeper for mid-carders who are about to become main eventers. He should be used as a gatekeeper for main eventers who are about to become legends. Why waste Austin on Theory for example when you can maximize the biggest possible match? There’s the “Austin rub” and there’s “let’s have a match that’ll make a fuckload of money”

Reactions: promoter2003

· Registered
7,724 Posts
No thank you, I didn't even hate his one off match with KO but it was clear that was best made as a one off exhibition, and even then it was obvious SCSA is far more limited than he used to be, if he's doing an exhibition like that sure there's no real harm in that. Dragging Stone Cold out of retirement to put him in the middle of the biggest story in the whole company? I have a big problem with that...

· Registered
84 Posts
I mean… cool, I guess? Don’t think I’ve ever seen someone clamour for a Roman Reigns vs. Steve Austin match.

If they are on the look-out for a potential dream match involving Steve Austin, why not go with Brock Lesnar? The story is ready made for it, Austin walking out of the company partly because of Brock.

· Baby It's Violence
12,453 Posts
Again I ask, what does this do in the long run? As much as I've enjoyed his reign, inserting Austin here basically would mean he retains, and then we fall back into the problem of there being NO endgame for a nearly 900 day title reign.

It's not needed, and I'd rather Austin work with somebody who is on the cusp of the main event or solidify somebody in the main event rather that take Roman's push and put him so far ahead of anybody else on the roster that booking Roman to lose becomes not believable for anybody.

· Registered
1,772 Posts
So many people on Twitter called Meltzer a liar for saying Roman vs The Rock might not happen yet here SRS is reporting WWE offered Stone Cold huge money to wrestle Roman Reigns. Almost like The Rock isn’t nailed on to return to fight Roman. They don’t make this offer to Stone Cold if The Rock is confirmed to wrestle Roman.
Or they’re making an offer to Austin in case rock the match. So this way if rock says no they have Austin available right away Instead of scrambling to find another big name for Roman

· Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
8,778 Posts
Pass. If The Rock wont be in a match then to me it makes the most sense for it to be Cody Rhodes. Just go with Corbin as Austins opponent. JBL and Austin can do their beer drinking nostalgia thing also.

· Registered
42 Posts
With Vince back in charge, does anyone think they might pay Austin enough to win at Mania and hold the belt for a short time? It sounds absurd, but I'd imagine Vince might view the next few months as the true end of his company. What happens after Vince sells is no longer part of his history or legacy, and it becomes someone else's story to tell.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts