Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok a Triple Crown Champion is a wrestler that has held a World Championship, I.C/US Championship and Tag Championships in his career. Bret Hart and Stone Cold being examples of this. A GrandSlam Champion is a person who has held the three belts plus one other championship, Kane is an example of this as he has won the a World Championship, I.C Championship, Tag Championsip and the Hardcore Championship. However over the last decade since WWE started to get rid of all their titles with them only having the two World Championshipa, the I.C/US Championship and Tag Belts, there have been no more Grand Slam Champions listed.

Now here's what I think. I think if WWE seperated the US/I.C championships, instead of making them both a single achivement. It could allow for future grand slam champions. So let's say if you won the Tag Belts, the I.C Championshipm the US Championship and the World Championships you could be considered a grandslam champion. I mean since the I.C and US titles are different titles, it could be seen as an achievement of holding them both, and thus a you become a grand slam champ. Anyway it's just a thought, what do you guys think?

·
Banned
353 Posts
I really like the idea wwe needs more goals for superstars to chase after and also if you bring in the us and ic titles into it your making them more relevent again because you need to hold both of them to be considered a grand slam champion it would make them titles more important once again and more susperstars would chase them

also if im not mistaken wasnt Aj styles the first grandslam Tna champion and they made a huge deal out of it if they did something like this in wwe it could help launch careers if they do it right and make a big deal out of it and only let a few guys do it every now and than so its important

·
Registered
813 Posts
As of right now, the WWE doesn't consider the US Championship as part of the Triple Crown... only WWE/World, IC, and Tag. In my opinion, World shouldn't even count, since it's not really a WWE title, but I see why they've decided otherwise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts