Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... any doubt that the fake stuff is better?

Two Faces of their particular companies, Roman Reigns and Jon Jones, turned out to be doing drugs this month.

In the case of Roman Reigns, the company allowed him to wrestle the big event and drop the belt, likely knowing full well he had drugs running through his system, and will be back without missing a single moment of PPV time.

In the case of Jon Jones, the company immediately pulled him from their biggest show ever, 3 days before it was scheduled to go off. They literally had no choice given the competitive nature of the sport.

Think Dana White, right about now, is just a little jealous of the leeway WWE has to completely ignore the Wellness Policy until the timing suits them for business reasons?

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
Kind of pissed about this though as I was looking forward to the Jones Cormier fight.. A lot more interested in that fight over Lesnar and Hunt... But respect to Dana.

·
Banned
14,424 Posts
WWE is a company built on roids. Well, I guess UFC kind of is too :lol But still. UFC is serious competition and can't be associated with that kind of shit anymore if they want to continue expanding. WWE can continue their phony crusades against PEDs all they want, the audience can take one look at most of their performers and be well aware that they're juiced.

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,919 Posts
WWE is a company built on roids. Well, I guess UFC kind of is too :lol But still. UFC is serious competition and can't be associated with that kind of shit anymore if they want to continue expanding. WWE can continue their phony crusades against PEDs all they want, the audience can take one look at most of their performers and be well aware that they're juiced.
I'm not really so sure about this lately as far as WWE goes. Many more of their talent are looking more like regular guys off the street than they used to, especially compared to the other promotions, and even themselves in years past. There's still a handful of guys who look like they were carved out of a rock cliff, but I think they're fewer than they used to be, and enforcement of the wellness policy sure seems to be a sliding scale at best.

But I do agree that UFC, being a fairly well regulated and legitimate competitive sport, is definitely more serious about it than wrestling, and even some of the other major sports leagues. NFL, for example, I'm sure just goes through the motions to keep the gubmint off their ass, and every once in awhile somebody gets caught; but I don't think they're anywhere near as diligent about it as they could/should be.

·
★★★★¾
1,644 Posts
Lol they don't even need to look at the performers, just a quick glance at the boss shows you that the wellness policy doesn't mean jack :lmao

·
Banned
14,424 Posts
I'm not really so sure about this lately as far as WWE goes. Many more of their talent are looking more like regular guys off the street than they used to, especially compared to the other promotions, and even themselves in years past. There's still a handful of guys who look like they were carved out of a rock cliff, but I think they're fewer than they used to be, and enforcement of the wellness policy sure seems to be a sliding scale at best.

But I do agree that UFC, being a fairly well regulated and legitimate competitive sport, is definitely more serious about it than wrestling, and even some of the other major sports leagues. NFL, for example, I'm sure just goes through the motions to keep the gubmint off their ass, and every once in awhile somebody gets caught; but I don't think they're anywhere near as diligent about it as they could/should be.
Being on something doesn't have to mean you're built like Ryback. Just to be able to build up some of these guys physiques AND maintain them 300 days a year on the road is going to require help. The Wellness policy is a joke, most of the guys in the company easily beat it or get a pass depending on who they are. The only reason Roman's suspended is because the media got a hold of it and were about to kill the WWE over it.

In over 10 years, nobody ever dimed Cena out to TMZ.com like that. But guys already rolled over on Roman. Pretty nuts to think about.

·
4,919 Posts
Being on something doesn't have to mean you're built like Ryback. Just to be able to build up some of these guys physiques AND maintain them 300 days a year on the road is going to require help. The Wellness policy is a joke, most of the guys in the company easily beat it or get a pass depending on who they are. The only reason Roman's suspended is because the media got a hold of it and were about to kill the WWE over it.

In over 10 years, nobody ever dimed Cena out to TMZ.com like that. But guys already rolled over on Roman. Pretty nuts to think about.
Is that what actually happened? Not arguing -- I honestly don't know never heard this before now.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Lol they don't even need to look at the performers, just a quick glance at the boss shows you that the wellness policy doesn't mean jack :lmao

All natural.

source?

·
Banned
14,424 Posts
Is that what actually happened? Not arguing -- I honestly don't know never heard this before now.
Meltzer and the dirtsheets had it, TMZ had it, a few other online news things had it, WWE had to get out in front of it and control the story. I'm just speculating, but I would imagine the WWE's original plan was to sweep it all under the rug. Everything about the story screamed of guys in back ratting out Reigns to any news outlet that would listen, and WWE having to "break" the story themselves.

·
4,919 Posts
Meltzer and the dirtsheets had it, TMZ had it, a few other online news things had it, WWE had to get out in front of it and control the story. I'm just speculating, but I would imagine the WWE's original plan was to sweep it all under the rug. Everything about the story screamed of guys in back ratting out Reigns to any news outlet that would listen, and WWE having to "break" the story themselves.
Ooh. Doesn't speak well for the state of locker room morale ... or the support of the boys for Reigns. Not good at all.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
The media got a hold of the Roman test failure. I have t heard that anywhere. Source?

·
Banned
14,424 Posts
Ooh. Doesn't speak well for the state of locker room morale ... or the support of the boys for Reigns. Not good at all.
The apology story kind of opened some eyes about it, as it was reported that the reaction from the guys in back was mixed to Reigns. Which is understandable. WWE is in a different spot than the UFC. UFC guys/girls are getting huge paydays and fights, mainstream coverage, etc.. Jones being out of 200 hurts them (hurts Cormier more than anyone) but they're still in a thriving business. The guys/girls in WWE have been watching their business sink into the toilet with Roman Reigns push and the Network stealing paychecks from them. There's probably a lot of bitterness backstage from certain guys who know they could be doing better. And since they can't openly criticize Reigns or anything WWE-related, they'd have to seize an opportunity like this to bury him.

·
Banned
14,424 Posts
The media got a hold of the Roman test failure. I have t heard that anywhere. Source?
Source for what, common sense? WWE knew about this before MITB. The dirtsheets had all of the details on the story right after the WWE broke it themselves. How did they have all of these details already? What likely happened is WWE was trying to hide it, then Meltzer or some other journalist contacted them for a statement on the story, so WWE had to release the info themselves as long as those guys held back until they did. This type of thing is very common in the media.

Meltzer and Alvarez were talking about it like they had known for days, after it was announced.

·
Registered
771 Posts
The apology story kind of opened some eyes about it, as it was reported that the reaction from the guys in back was mixed to Reigns. Which is understandable. WWE is in a different spot than the UFC. UFC guys/girls are getting huge paydays and fights, mainstream coverage, etc.. Jones being out of 200 hurts them (hurts Cormier more than anyone) but they're still in a thriving business. The guys/girls in WWE have been watching their business sink into the toilet with Roman Reigns push and the Network stealing paychecks from them. There's probably a lot of bitterness backstage from certain guys who know they could be doing better. And since they can't openly criticize Reigns or anything WWE-related, they'd have to seize an opportunity like this to bury him.
what the fuck are you even talking about? the apology story turned out to be bullshit.

no idea what you're been talking with TMZ and dirt sheets knowing about Roman's suspension, either, when it was the WWE who literally broke the story. you seriously think the WWE would be able to break a news story if outlets like Meltzer and TMZ who like to throw things out willy nilly had any inkling about it before hand?

i assume you don't like Reigns, but that doesn't mean you have to talk out of your ass about his suspension like you're god damn 12 year old.

·
Banned
14,424 Posts
what the fuck are you even talking about? the apology story turned out to be bullshit.

no idea what you're been talking with TMZ and dirt sheets knowing about Roman's suspension, either, when it was the WWE who literally broke the story. you seriously think the WWE would be able to break a news story if outlets like Meltzer and TMZ who like to throw things out willy nilly had any inkling about it before hand?

i assume you don't like Reigns, but that doesn't mean you have to talk out of your ass about his suspension like you're god damn 12 year old.
I already explained this, and NO there's no "apology story turned out to be bullshit" there's speculation that it was. But I'll take Meltzer's word over people who have no idea what goes on backstage.

Think before you try insulting people, like the little 12 year old that you are.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The complete disregard for doping in the WWE is not a good thing. It has already led to some really bad publicity for them in the past and is probably the major cause behind the ridiculous number of premature deaths among their alumni.

Test, Eddie Guerrero, Umaga, Ultimate Warrior, etc. etc. etc. guys in their early 40s and 50s dropping like flies from heart attacks.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts

I feel like the "guy of the street" look is kind of an illusion. On TV guys like Rollins, Ambrose, Kalisto, etc don't *look* amazingly jacked, but they still look huge when you see them next to an average man. And as another poster said, it's one thing to be in good shape, but to be in good shape and do what they do 300 days a year is a very hard task to accomplish IMO. Especially when WWE are moving into a style that relies more and more on workrate. I'd like to think that WWE, and the workers themselves learned from guys like Guerrero, Benoit and Dynamite Kid but I would not at all be surprised to learn that at least some of the roster are using something, whether it's to look better or just to be able to deal with the wear and tear.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts