Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Jon Moxley has said he would like to have a good tag team run in AEW, and that he was hoping to team with Brodie Lee because their styles would work nicely together.

Question: Who do you think would be a good tag partner for Mox?

I think Lance Archer or Eddie Kingston might be a good fit. Or maybe Sami Callihan from Impact. Or if you want a really wild team, how about Mox with Minoru Suzuki from NJPW?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised with the work him and Lance Archer did together. That said, I want to see Jon Moxley transition in to tag team work organically if it was to happen. The right person will come along at the right time.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Eddie Kingston as 'Blood Brothers'. Mox said he hasn't given up on restoring their friendship.

Chris Dickinson, Minoru Suzuki or Jake Hager as a badass team.

Outside of Kingston and possibly Hager, it's hard to find a natural tag partner for Mox currently employed by AEW. Darby has worked ok with Mox as a sort of odd couple. Hangman and Mox would be uber popular even if not a 'real' tag team.

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,780 Posts
All roads point to Eddie Kingston.

Eventually, Butcher Blade and Bunny can turn on him and his only true friend Moxley saves him.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Eddie Kingston as 'Blood Brothers'. Mox said he hasn't given up on restoring their friendship.

Chris Dickinson, Minoru Suzuki or Jake Hager as a badass team.

Outside of Kingston and possibly Hager, it's hard to find a natural tag partner for Mox currently employed by AEW. Darby has worked ok with Mox as a sort of odd couple. Hangman and Mox would be uber popular even if not a 'real' tag team.
JD Drake?

·
Registered
13,086 Posts
Current roster is probably Kingston. I'd love to see them climb the mountain together and then just when it looks like they are going to win Mad King turns on Moxley and how screwing Moxley and explaining that keeping him from Jon's goal of the tag titles was better than being tag champs with Moxley.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
13,822 Posts
Eddie Kingston would be phenomenal. So many great tag team feuds they could have.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Archer makes more sense to me as Mox is already good at promos so he doesn't need Kingston on the mic.
Mox already tagged with Darby a few times, which I thought was quite good because they are both weirdos XD

·
Registered
688 Posts
Current roster is probably Kingston. I'd love to see them climb the mountain together and then just when it looks like they are going to win Mad King turns on Moxley and how screwing Moxley and explaining that keeping him from Jon's goal of the tag titles was better than being tag champs with Moxley.
I would like this for the same reason I liked Cody and MJF being together (though I still think they moved too early on it). Face/Heel tag teams making it work always adds a level of stress to all their matches whenever anything goes wrong that I like a lot.

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Yeah, Kingston is the right answer

there is an ongoing story there and Mox said a couple of times he is the only one that actually still cares about him

·
Registered
382 Posts
Sami Callihan. They have a history together as the Switchblade Conspiracy and a chemistry that I imagine still works.

Mox might want to freshen it up by working with a younger guy like he did with Shota Umino in NJ. Darby would be the obvious choice.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I’d already be emotionally invested if it’s Mox and EK.

Imagine the promos they’d cut together on their journey. Mox being hard on him to make him better, and the moment Eddie finally wins that gold he promised his family.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts