Wrestling Forum banner

A ROH fan was allegedly spat on, brought backstage by security and confronted by Bully Ray for "heckling" The Beautiful People

5067 Views 43 Replies 36 Participants Last post by  Mugging of Cena
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Premium Member
46,372 Posts
I'd like to see footage of the incident to get a full scope of what happened.

If the fan was really just booing the heels and being a part of the show, then Mandy, Velvet, and Bully overreacted.

If the fan said or did something that was really out of line, then maybe he needs to use better judgment.

Maybe Mandy shouldn't spit or put her hands on him, but then again, I don't know how he came across and if they thought they might be in danger or something because they didn't know what he was going to do.

· Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a little weird and Bully probably got upset at what he said but geez the guy telling the story sounds like a big wienie.
How so? Mandy supposedly hit and spat on him which would be enough to make most peopled upset, then Velvet called him a pussy and a virgin. He said none of that stuff bothered him. It wasn't until he was brought backstage by security and confronted by Bully Ray that he talked about being intimidated. He might not be in his prime anymore but he's still a giant wrestler. :shrug

· Banned
5,082 Posts
I've never heard anyone say anything bad about Velvet Sky. I bet this guy said a lot more to her than what he's claiming. Just because you buy a ticket doesn't give you the right to degrade wrestlers.

· Banned
6,926 Posts
That's a little weird and Bully probably got upset at what he said but geez the guy telling the story sounds like a big wienie.
History has shown that wrestlers are usually the biggest weenies around. They often get triggered and sent into a frenzy over nothing. Spitting on him and then taking him backstage to be harassed by Bubba Ray Dudley (one of the biggest bullies in the business) seems a little harsh and out of the ordinary no matter what he might have said.

· The Empire will Reign again
18,485 Posts
Never fully believe one side of a story, what probably really happened is this guy called the girls cunts and cum dumpsters and Bully Ray reacted. We can't call it an overreaction without knowing exactly what the guy said, but security luring the guy alone with an angry wrestler is a bad idea for the security company and ROH just from a business liability standpoint, what if BR beat the dog fuck out of the guy, then everybody would've been getting sued.

On a sidenote if I was that guy that's an ass beating I would've been willing to take to hit a quick lick, even an out of court settlement would be in the mid 6 figures.

· Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's why I put "allegedly" in the title but I do believe him for the most part. He admitted to saying offensive things and what they were if you go through the twitter thread. They were going back and forth though according to him. He claims to have witnesses and nobody refuted his claims even before ROH announced that they were investigating the issue which they only did a couple of hours ago if I'm not mistaken. I hope they look into Mandy spitting on the fan too. I can't imagine what a fan could say that would warrant that.

https://heelbynature.com/2019/06/03...g-alleged-incident-between-fan-and-bully-ray/

· Premium Member
988 Posts
If true,why didn't Velvet Sky confront the dude instead of crying to Bully Ray?

She seemed tough enough to talk shit to the dude in the ring. What happened? Thought she could back up her suck it and other insults.

That fan does sound like a pussy though. Should've stood up to Bully Ray,took an ass beating and laughed all the way to the bank.

· The Empire will Reign again
18,485 Posts
That's why I put "allegedly" in the title but I do believe him for the most part. He admitted to saying offensive things and what they were if you go through the twitter thread. They were going back and forth though according to him. He claims to have witnesses and nobody refuted his claims even before ROH announced that they were investigating the issue which they only did a couple of hours ago if I'm not mistaken. I hope they look into Mandy spitting on the fan too. I can't imagine what a fan could say that would warrant that.

https://heelbynature.com/2019/06/03...g-alleged-incident-between-fan-and-bully-ray/
Maybe he was telling the 100% God's honest truth about what he said, but I find it hard to believe Bully Ray reacted like that to what he claimed he said. I find it far more likely he said something much more vile and is just trying to paint himself in a better light.

· All Out
Penta El Presente Nombre Is 1 Name Change Away From Being Johnny Penta To Me Forever. TalentedAF Tho
3,116 Posts
All parties involved seem wildly too sensitive in the situation.

· Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guy from reddit apparently took this photo and gives his take on what happened before they went backstage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/bwf57n/a_photo_from_the_roh_incident_last_night/

"So, from where I sat, Josh (the guy involved in the incident) really didn't do anything terribly offensive by pro-wrestling standards. If the entire incident had taken place in a bar, I'm pretty sure drinks would have been flying, but in this context? Man, it seemed like an overreaction by Mandy (who *definitely* spat at the guy on the way up the ramp) and Velvet, who stayed in the ring goading him for a while after the match ended. (To her credit, Angelina Love had a "this is between y'all, I'm going backstage" look on her face the whole time)."

· Banned
5,082 Posts
Guy from reddit apparently took this photo and gives his take on what happened before they went backstage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/bwf57n/a_photo_from_the_roh_incident_last_night/

"So, from where I sat, Josh (the guy involved in the incident) really didn't do anything terribly offensive by pro-wrestling standards. If the entire incident had taken place in a bar, I'm pretty sure drinks would have been flying, but in this context? Man, it seemed like an overreaction by Mandy (who *definitely* spat at the guy on the way up the ramp) and Velvet, who stayed in the ring goading him for a while after the match ended. (To her credit, Angelina Love had a "this is between y'all, I'm going backstage" look on her face the whole time)."
That is a nothing answer. For all we know it could be smarks taking up for smarks. Need some video evidence.

· tombstone blues
17,249 Posts
Even if he was making wildly inappropriate remarks, being slapped/facewashed/whatever and spat on is assault and being taken backstage to be bitched out by Bully Ray is also wildly inappropriate

· Registered
30,015 Posts
With stories like this I do want to hear both sides of this, though I don't know if Bully will speak on this. Maybe he'll say something on Busted Open radio or something.

I guess either way, why is Bully being the guy to talk to the fan? Shouldn't that be mainly a security or management kind of thing?

· Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
5,014 Posts
With stories like this I do want to hear both sides of this, though I don't know if Bully will speak on this. Maybe he'll say something on Busted Open radio or something.

I guess either way, why is Bully being the guy to talk to the fan? Shouldn't that be mainly a security or management kind of thing?
This is the completely unacceptable aspect regardless of what actually happened. Hired security removing an unruly patron is perfectly fine, but security removing a fan and bringing him to a room then leaving him alone with the angry husband of a performer is ridiculous. Bubba could have assaulted the guy and even if he didn't the guy could have claimed he did and there would be no witnesses. The security are in the wrong either way.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.