Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now some people might think I'm joking or weird but I want to know why they don't make grape kool-aid in the color green? They are green grapes so it's nothing to do with that color grapes are.

·
Super Moderator
19,307 Posts
The same question can be made about apple flavored hard candy... they are always green but apples are usually red.

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hell I for one would buy the hell out of green grape kool-aid and be like ahh yeah, and for the problem walls bought up they can still make purple also just make a green one also so I can try sometimes to be different in my Kool-Aid pickings

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cause purple drank sounds better than green drank
they can still make purple drank, hell green grapes are called white grapes anyway that I don't get. But anyway no they need to make grape kool-aid in the different colors they come in and have different names. Keep the purple one Grape Kool-Aid then just make the other ones I been they got Cherry and Black Cherry Kool-Aid

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
The color is usually connected with the fruit

Green apple is not really a majorly liked fruit and they use pink for watermelon so what would be green

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The color is usually connected with the fruit

Green apple is not really a majorly liked fruit and they use pink for watermelon so what would be green
But see the part of the watermelon people eat is pink so that makes sense. Grapes come in a few different colors but the two you see the most are green("white" :/ don't get that still) and purple. So I say make Grape and "White" Grape or Green Grape kinda like Cherry and Black Cherry.

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome sig.
lol thanks.. I found it some place xD forget where, about time I get a new Taylor one

arent alot of grapes purple?

you know, the kind they use to make red wine for example
I always see purple and green when I go to the store sometimes they looks kinda blackish purple also. I mean honestly it's not that big a deal it just something I thought of today and really wanted to try and figure out what other people thought and seems people had some good answers and pretty much helped good.

·
Premium Member
3,256 Posts
Almost everyone is brought up with very simple color association. Purple is always associated with grape and for a scientific aspect, it has already been proven that people associate colors to foods. Change the color of a food that someone recognizes and they are extremely hesitant to eat or drink it if even.

As the business aspect goes, there is no point to make a green colored grape. Green is generally associated to sour apple. Even though apples tend to be redish the sour apple comes from grannysmith apples which are sour/tart to most people and are green. Only reason to even attempt a green grape drink would be if they plan to alter the flavor a bit compared to purple grape. Other then that, if it ain't broken don't try and fix it.

Also to answer your wondering why green grapes = white. That is from the use of the green grapes to make white wine. Once smashed the juice is a clear/yellowish color which is considered white.

As the 80s put it, "The More you Know"

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Almost everyone is brought up with very simple color association. Purple is always associated with grape and for a scientific aspect, it has already been proven that people associate colors to foods. Change the color of a food that someone recognizes and they are extremely hesitant to eat or drink it if even.

As the business aspect goes, there is no point to make a green colored grape. Green is generally associated to sour apple. Even though apples tend to be redish the sour apple comes from grannysmith apples which are sour/tart to most people and are green. Only reason to even attempt a green grape drink would be if they plan to alter the flavor a bit compared to purple grape. Other then that, if it ain't broken don't try and fix it.

Also to answer your wondering why green grapes = white. That is from the use of the green grapes to make white wine. Once smashed the juice is a clear/yellowish color which is considered white.

As the 80s put it, "The More you Know"
Well thank you for the help this really made me understand a little, but to be honest the changing of the color thing I don't think Kool-Aid cares about at one point they had all there colors changed and stuff and people still bought it. But thanks for all the info there it was helpful.

·
Premium Member
18,721 Posts
It might be because they already use it for lime? People might grab it thinking it's lime and get a flavor they don't want. same for LC's question, people usually associate a green color candy with a apple and cherry for red.

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The lime thing is also true I guess even thought they can make it a different color green like they do the cherry/strawberry. Strawberry got a pinkish red where cherry is red. Anyway my question's mainly been answered and I am happy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts