Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember back in the day, wwf and wcw, we would always wish for a cross brand match. It was always exciting just to think of ddp, hogan, goldberg, and others in a wwf ring. But now with tna, here is my question and ONLY question.

AJ Styles, I don't like TNA, but he is amazing. Who can he have a great match or a dream match with? Like at wrestlemania, who do you want him to wrestle? Or is TNA's biggest star not at par with a great wwe wrestler?

I don't know, just crossed my mind and I had no idea...and no, NOT bryan PLEASE.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Most of the better match ups have already happened in other promotions. Out of those he hasn't wrestled, Jericho and Regal

·
Super Nexus 64
308 Posts
^^ lol People dont fully read OP's. Anyway Jericho, Evan bourne, Cody Rhodes, Del Rio, Orton, and I'll just throw in Santino.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
^^ lol People dont fully read OP's. Anyway Jericho, Evan bourne, Cody Rhodes, Del Rio, Orton, and I'll just throw in Santino.
aj vs evan bourne.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Ia7FoOYBg

As a cross promotion id like to see

Aj Styles vs Undertaker
Robert Roode vs Randy Orton
Matt Morgan vs Sheamus
James Storm vs John Morrison
Daniel Bryan vs Douglas Williams
Kaz vs Alberto Del Rio
Lay Cool vs TBP
Desmond Wolfe vs Dolph Ziggler

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
AJ vs Bryan would be sick
They have wrestled countless times,always great matches.

Anyway i'd say AJ vs Cena ,the two poster boys of each comopany ,would be an immense match.Not sure how many people would be familair with AJ though.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
From a pure wrestling perspective I'd put him with the best WWE worker such as Kidd, Ziggler, Morrison, Danielson, Kaval, ADR and a non-restricted Bourne would also be nice. Though I'm sure he could also have great matches with Goldust, Regal, Justin Gabriel and Jericho easily (lol I just mentioned half the WWE roster).

From a storyline perspective I think AJ vs Cena would be great, the two top faces of their respective companies going on against each other (although that statement may not be true as AJ has been sidelined for a while).

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
AJ/Cena would have great name value and would do a ton of business, but I'm not sure their styles actually mesh all that well. It'd be fine, but not "dream match" worthy for me.

The choice is easy: AJ Styles v. Chris Jericho.

·
Banned
534 Posts
Kurt Angle vs Daniel Bryan.

·
Registered
557 Posts
AJ Styles v John Cena
Samoa Joe ( always bring best he got ) vs CM Punk ( Same with Joe )

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,993 Posts
Randy Orton would make AJ look amazing but AJ really isn't on the level of anyone higher-ranked than the likes of Kofi Kingston.

So...

AJ Styles vs. Justin Gabriel
AJ Styles vs. Jack Swagger
AJ Styles vs. William Regal

They could have good matches.

Also, I never cease to be amazed by how many people mark out for the idea of matches between AJ, Dragon, Punk etc. yet have never thought to type 'AJ Styles vs. Bryan Danielson' (or whatever) into google and watch the actual matches.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Kurt Angle vs Thwagger / Bryan
Matt Moargan vs Lobsterhead
AJ vs Gabriel
Robert Roode vs Way Barrah
Samoa Joe vs John Cena

Sting Vs Undertaker. I don't care if it should of happened 10 years ago, I still want it at least once goddamit.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts