Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What is the name if the song they play before they start to play Smells Like Teen Spirit? Is it even a song or is it just part of the song that isn't on the recording?​

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it's just a random (?) intro.
I've done a bit of searching, it's called More than a Feeling. There's a minute and half studio version of it on YouTube. Thanks for the quick reply anyway.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like this:

I think Nirvana covered this. Their version I found on YouTube's called More than a Feeling just like this. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Little joke by the band, because let's face it, the chord sequences are VERY similar. I know they got stick for it at the time, even when I was growing up I'd heard Teen Spirit referred to as 'More Than A Feeling played by the Pixies'

Hell, there were a few Nirvana songs that people pointed out sounded, ahem, "influenced" by bands Cobain liked..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1U1Ue_5kq8

As the video shows, they were nothing if not self-aware

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yep..More Than A Feeling.

Sadly, I think this was the last time the band had any fun whatsoever performing live...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Its a random intro about songs. Nirvana had to change the title listed on the album to "Waif Me" before Wal-Mart would carry it.
The guitar in this song is basically "Smells Like Teen Spirit" backwards. Cobain thought that if a song was played backwards it would take on a new character.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts