Wrestling Forum banner

a question about sting

2673 Views 36 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  jonoaries
i for one think sting is silly to never go to the wwe, even if its for 3months he needs it in his carrer and after what went down sunday do you think he ever wishes he was

2 21 11?

what do you think of sting and his carrer paths?
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
820 Posts
I actually respect his decision to stay with the smaller company and try and help it out, when he could easily 'sell-out' and go with the big money in the WWE. It just sucks that TNA is a complete clusterfuck and doesn't honestly deserve the Stingers help.

· Registered
1,509 Posts
Sting's place in wrestling history is secure. He doesn't need the WWE. He never did.

Also, his priorities are different from Mr. Average Wrestling Fan. He fully understands that TNA isn't the WWE. He knows that TNA has its problems. Yet, he still chose to return there. Obviously, he's not going to regret his decision after one incident.

· I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
33,305 Posts
His pride is a fucking joke. It's like a Cubs player saying he'd never sign with the Yankees.

Wrestling is wrestling. It doesn't matter what company you are in. If you can go out there and entertain 1000, 100000, 1000000 or 10000000 people, why should it matter. It isn't about you, it's about the fans.

· Registered
1,419 Posts
His pride is a fucking joke. It's like a Cubs player saying he'd never sign with the Yankees.

Wrestling is wrestling. It doesn't matter what company you are in. If you can go out there and entertain 1000, 100000, 1000000 or 10000000 people, why should it matter. It isn't about you, it's about the fans.
the only joke here is your opinion. that also is a crappy example wtf would anyone wanna play for the yankees? baseball sucks too. sting didn't want to work for vince get over it. he's better not to.

· Banned
3,179 Posts
Lol @ people thinking Sting's legacy will be greater if he's the one wrestler Vince couldn't sign.

One line from Vince...

Vince McMahon: "I never tried to sign him, I always thought he was overrated."

Sting's 'legacy' is gone.

To be serious though, Sting has no legacy. None of the general audience of wrestling has any idea who he is (general audience being the 10-15 year olds who only know about WWE) and the general audience is what makes up 75% of wrestling.

WWE also has access to ALL of Sting's biggest moments, because let's face it, he hasn't done shit in TNA to warrant any kind of legacy. All of his WCW moments are owned by WWE.

Sting will never get the recognition or DVD deals he deserves without signing with Vince, meaning he will 100% sign with the WWE at one point. Even if it's only a legends deal.

· Registered
1,419 Posts
Lol @ people thinking Sting's legacy will be greater if he's the one wrestler Vince couldn't sign.

One line from Vince...

To be serious though, Sting has no legacy. None of the general audience of wrestling has any idea who he is (general audience being the 10-15 year olds who only know about WWE) and the general audience is what makes up 75% of wrestling.

WWE also has access to ALL of Sting's biggest moments, because let's face it, he hasn't done shit in TNA to warrant any kind of legacy. All of his WCW moments are owned by WWE.

Sting will never get the recognition or DVD deals he deserves without signing with Vince, meaning he will 100% sign with the WWE at one point. Even if it's only a legends deal.
you are an idiot if you think he will still sign for wwe. it would be absolutely pointless for him to sign with wwe. he has held out this long. he knows that vince always buries wcw talent. that's what vince is notorious for. if he signed with wwe vince would do to him what he did to goldberg tarnish his reputation as larger than life. sting knows that and it's easy to see if you aren't a blind wwe mark.

· Registered
3,177 Posts

One line from Vince...

The true fans of Sting know he's a legend for what he's accomplished in WCW and TNA, we don't need some WWE produced Sting DVD to tell us. If Vince doesn't push Sting's legacy to "the WWE universe" (LOL) who gives a shit, doesn't change Sting's status as one of the greatest ever. The WWE's word isn't gospel when it comes to wrestling, they're not the only wrestling company to ever exist. If the kiddies want to see his shit it's all on YouTube, without the WWE's slant added to it like that work of fiction The Rise and Fall of WCW.

· Registered
134 Posts
I don´t know why people always have to worry about stuff other people do!
I mean, what would be the benefit of Sting joining WWE?

Don´t get me wrong, that whole 21-2-11 thing, I expected it to be Sting!
But since it didn´t happen, I don´t believe it ever will. At least I guess we´ll never see him in a WWE Ring as a wrestler, but when he retires he´ll be in the Hall of Fame the next year, mark my words!

· Premium Member
6,460 Posts

You’re the man. He needs to pull his finger out of his ass. It’s about me, Stinger.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.