Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
If anyone actually believed, based on a Mayan calendar, the world was going to end in 2012 they won't be missed. The Mayans also never said the world was to end in 2012.

I'll just wait for the next batch of histerics that Hollywood wants to unleash.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
i wonder if anyone considered 1000s of yrs ago with no lights everywhere, and far less pollution how many stars you can see, ive been to just rural areas and been able to pick out stars ive only been able to see via a telescope. lets not even get into the fact we go by secs to centuries and ppl in the past went seasons so of course their time would be extended and maybe it ends because stars move and planets move and they cant predict that far a head, since theyve been around for centuries im pretty sure someone would have noticed the slight movements in star position. and like above the mayans never said the world would end ever

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
Anyone who actually believed the world was going to end this year is an absolute fool.
Lol... scientists claim the world could end from an asteroid at just about anytime. Plus the year is 5/12 over. Those are just two facts that prove believing the world will end is not foolish. If the world ended today would you be secure with your actions? No and that is why I always argue people on this topic.

"Everyday is more likely than the last!"

Plus a lot of posters on this forum would benefit from fearing the end. So unless you buy into it so much you blow your life savings on a self sustaining bomb shelter (which honestly would be smart because you could just live in it but I jest) then in all reality this end of the world propaganda can fundamentally be pretty effective politics.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
I was referring to the Mayan's claim that this year it will end. Obviously there are a ton of shit that could end us at any time.

·
Banned
1,787 Posts
I was referring to the Mayan's claim that this year it will end. Obviously there are a ton of shit that could end us at any time.
So now whose the fool lol? If you believe it will end at any time that includes the possibility of this year.

Don't get offended or anything though, I'm just messing around. I do believe our foreign affairs right now are looking pretty threatening though.

I also think that the Mayans couldn't have had the knowledge of a calendar of this caliber in their time. So it was either made up in our time, or they were in touch with some higher intelligence.

The question I have for everyone though is 'why always this line?' It always seems that we either question something's credibility or believe something we don't understand has done it. To me that proves that some people like ignorance and some people want to know what is going on.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
If I don't believe the world will end on a specific day because some tards say so but I believe any day something could happen because it actually could, I'm a fool?

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
So now whose the fool lol? If you believe it will end at any time that includes the possibility of this year.

Don't get offended or anything though, I'm just messing around. I do believe our foreign affairs right now are looking pretty threatening though.

I also think that the Mayans couldn't have had the knowledge of a calendar of this caliber in their time. So it was either made up in our time, or they were in touch with some higher intelligence.

The question I have for everyone though is 'why always this line?' It always seems that we either question something's credibility or believe something we don't understand has done it. To me that proves that some people like ignorance and some people want to know what is going on.
If it wasn't for the fact that the "end of the world" has been "predicted" before then the 2012 stuff wouldn't get so much heat, but seriously enough with these bullshit end of the world theories, anyone who's a Christian (i'm not in particular,i'm just sayin') knows that even the bible states that no one man will know the year, month, day, or hour the world ends. And not to mentioned there's an end of the world scare every two or so years. It's annoying, idiotic, and pointless to try and find out when the world will end unless there's irrefutable proof of it, like say NASA announcing that a massive asteroid was Earth bound in a matter of days, and it could do catastrophic damage to the planet. Just leave the end of the world bullshit alone, and enjoy life while we can, is all i'm saying.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts