Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been a huge fan of Christian's since he was on top of the world with Edge as tag team champion(s). I remember them back as The Brood with Gangrel. It got me thinking that Christian should stay heel, and look towards changing his gimmick. Everything about him is solid in terms of raw talent in the ring, and on the mic. The only thing he lacks is size, but there are others smaller than him.

When I see him now, I don't see the presence. His tights are lame, and I feel like he should go all black, and play a character mixed with Jake Roberts, Raven, and himself. Dye the hair black, wear a black leather jacket, and add some attitude. I'm not saying he should read poetry, or carry a snake in a bag over his shoulder, but a more intense character would be nice to see. Christian is so talented, and I feel like he is one of the few stars left that could actually take on such a refreshing role. I don't want to see him drinking blood, or have rituals, but just a dark attitude in which he thinks he is just to good for his own self.

·
Banned
822 Posts

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
Actually I like the sounds of a more badass heel character for Christian, more of a serious approach. Anything would be better than the whining bitch gimmick he has now.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think Christian should stay heel too, but not change his gimmick, I like the whiney heel who wants rematches but really is a coward. The only thing Christian needs is Vicky Guerrero so he can actually win matches with her help. It'd be kewl for him to get Edge's former girl lol

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
It's an interesting idea but I like the one more match gimmick. Christian, face or heel, is at his best when he gets the crowd involved and thinking that they have a part in making the decisions for him. It's why The Peep Show worked so well, full audience participation. An audience influenced heel who is justified in his actions by the crowd's participation is exactly what WWE is missing.

That being said, I still think he'll be a face by the beginning of 2012. He's not going to progress any further as a heel and will end up as enhancement talent putting others over if he remains heel. It's to Christian's and WWE's benefit to turn him face.

·
All Out
2,790 Posts
It's an interesting idea but I like the one more match gimmick. Christian, face or heel, is at his best when he gets the crowd involved and thinking that they have a part in making the decisions for him. It's why The Peep Show worked so well, full audience participation. An audience influenced heel who is justified in his actions by the crowd's participation is exactly what WWE is missing.

That being said, I still think he'll be a face by the beginning of 2012. He's not going to progress any further as a heel and will end up as enhancement talent putting others over if he remains heel. It's to Christian's and WWE's benefit to turn him face.
Wouldn't mind a face turn, but I think theirs still some money in him as a heel, given the current storyline on RAW implying the possibility of him being in a new faction.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Actually I like the sounds of a more badass heel character for Christian, more of a serious approach. Anything would be better than the whining bitch gimmick he has now.
I thought so too at the beginning, but now he's making good use of it.

The thing with Christian is that he's a smart, crafty bastard. He's smart and crafty in the ring and outside the ring. Being a badass would ruin that and just make him another bad attempt at being macho.

He should get more wins though, and not be such a coward. Didn't like him walking out on Henry in his match last week, he should have taken it more seriously, but a "dark" christian? nah... His potato-segment with Sheamus was way too awesome for a dark turn.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought so too at the beginning, but now he's making good use of it.

The thing with Christian is that he's a smart, crafty bastard. He's smart and crafty in the ring and outside the ring. Being a badass would ruin that and just make him another bad attempt at being macho.

He should get more wins though, and not be such a coward. Didn't like him walking out on Henry in his match last week, he should have taken it more seriously, but a "dark" christian? nah... His potato-segment with Sheamus was way too awesome for a dark turn.
You're exactly right on the money there about Christian smart, and crafty. I feel like he could work the mind game character well, but in over the top manner. Sort of like "The Cerebral Assassin" HHH in his day. Again, this isn't The Brood all over again, and this certainly wouldn't call for "Casket Matches". It's not really about being "macho", but more or less a "credible threat". He needs a new look, and I think his acting skills are strong enough to take on any verbal role. A similar change that Alex Wright went through in WCW when he turned in to that German Goth Wrestler, except minus the The German, and Goth references.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You're exactly right on the money there about Christian smart, and crafty. I feel like he could work the mind game character well, but in over the top manner. Sort of like "The Cerebral Assassin" HHH in his day. Again, this isn't The Brood all over again, and this certainly wouldn't call for "Casket Matches". It's not really about being "macho", but more or less a "credible threat". He needs a new look, and I think his acting skills are strong enough to take on any verbal role. A similar change that Alex Wright went through in WCW when he turned in to that German Goth Wrestler, except minus the The German, and Goth references.
Still not sure about the dark look, I think that he fits as the kind of heel who is heel without actually being aware of it. He thinks everybody is on his side and doesn't cheat so obviously. He isn't really evil, just smart. I would like to see him at a higher level, and as more of a credible threat but the level of threat-issue he has right now is not due to his character, it is due to terrible booking. He should be able to win cleanly, and he would be perfect with a bodyguard (or "problem solver") who could help him use his craftiness to dominate. At least IMO.

Heel vs Face shouldn't have to be good vs evil. We already have Cody Rhodes who turned into a more "dark" character, which went great for a while but look at how boring that has become. He could lose his mask and start talking normally instead, and since he is smart and crafty as well he could pull off that dark gimmick good, and let us keep the Christian we love!

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still not sure about the dark look, I think that he fits as the kind of heel who is heel without actually being aware of it. He thinks everybody is on his side and doesn't cheat so obviously. He isn't really evil, just smart. I would like to see him at a higher level, and as more of a credible threat but the level of threat-issue he has right now is not due to his character, it is due to terrible booking. He should be able to win cleanly, and he would be perfect with a bodyguard (or "problem solver") who could help him use his craftiness to dominate. At least IMO.

Heel vs Face shouldn't have to be good vs evil. We already have Cody Rhodes who turned into a more "dark" character, which went great for a while but look at how boring that has become. He could lose his mask and start talking normally instead, and since he is smart and crafty as well he could pull off that dark gimmick good, and let us keep the Christian we love!

Cody Rhodes is overacting, and I don't think Christian should even go that route in terms of actual character. I like what he is now, but I think it's the "Image" that harms Christian right now for me. Somehow I just can't take him seriously at all anymore. Just change the look, and go with something more confident. He looks like a wrestling action figure. Everything else about him is right on except his look.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
heels are supposed to be cowards, and ain't no one right now who could play that gimmick better then Christian. Plus now he's so over with his gimmick that everytime he asks for one more match, the crowd chants along. Now after this if you want him to change his gimmick and start from 0, you know your someone who shouldn't think about going into WWE Creative team.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Wouldn't mind a face turn, but I think theirs still some money in him as a heel, given the current storyline on RAW implying the possibility of him being in a new faction.
The Otunga/Ziggler/Rhodes/Christian faction is interesting. If they book it right, it will give him something to do.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Just keep the #OneMoreMatch gimmick.
But he should also win matches so he looks strong.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
The guy makes me cringe everytime he whines. I don't care what they do with him. I just roll my eyes when he says one more match. Give me a break.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Christian is perfect for his current role. The guy even looks the part. I'd rather see Christian be the perfect whiny, coward heel than see every other heel get shoehorned into the same role anyway.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Just keep the #OneMoreMatch gimmick.
But he should also win matches so he looks strong.
This. Exactly. It's a great base, but it has to evolve further. It alone is not enough to get him over as someone else put it, we've seen this before in other heels. Countless people have done the complaining heel that loses constantly. It's not unique enough. A one more match heel that is dominant (especially in matches against the midcard) would be different.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
This. Exactly. It's a great base, but it has to evolve further. It alone is not enough to get him over as someone else put it, we've seen this before in other heels. Countless people have done the complaining heel that loses constantly. It's not unique enough. A one more match heel that is dominant (especially in matches against the midcard) would be different.
That would be GREAT. :)
I wish creatives don't mess this one up.
Christian's current gimmick is gold IMO especially because of the crowds always chanting #OneMoreMatch .
I wish they go far with this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts