Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
i still think Backlash 2000 when Austin appeared is the biggest pop WWE ever had followed by Foley Winning the belt with the help of Austin

·
Banned
4,682 Posts
Sting got so many insanely big pops in '97 when he would take on the entire NWO. Here's one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jJaBwqWaTA&feature=related

Or when Sting came up through the ring and gave Bischoff the Scorpion Death Drop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_gKJaM9KbY

DDP got some HUGE pops too. Here's when he hit the Diamond Cutter on Goldberg. Wish the video clip was a little longer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UekMvH9DorM&feature=related

Or how about the Hart Foundation's entrance at In Your House: Canadian Stampede? And the pop when Bret was stomping out Austin at the beginning of the match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diF-xZ6I72Y

1997 = best year for wrestling ever. Both the WWF and WCW were putting on great feuds, matches and angles, with incredibly enthusiastic crowds.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
There are no "contenders", I've heard them all. It's still Triple H's return at MSG in 2002. Everything else is competing for the silver medal.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pyro™;9128733 said:
There are no "contenders", I've heard them all. It's still Triple H's return at MSG in 2002. Everything else is competing for the silver medal.
Unless you are a sound engineer that both WWE/WWF and WCW have/had hired for 30 years to measure decibel levels from the crowd at every single show then stfu.

It will always come down to opinion. And no ones can proven right or wrong.

The problem with the HHH MSG is that it's not really a pop, it's a sustained roar as JR said. A pop is defined by it's brief existence but incredible loudness/reaction. It'd doesn't mean everyone screams for 3 seconds and then is silent - but it does mean for 3-5 seconds, above the normal crazy reaction over superstars produce, there is one massive period of insane cheer much louder.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Austin's pop during Foley's title win.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Unless you are a sound engineer that both WWE/WWF and WCW have/had hired for 30 years to measure decibel levels from the crowd at every single show then stfu.

The problem with the HHH MSG is that it's not really a pop, it's a sustained roar as JR said. A pop is defined by it's brief existence but incredible loudness/reaction. It'd doesn't mean everyone screams for 3 seconds and then is silent - but it does mean for 3-5 seconds, above the normal crazy reaction over superstars produce, there is one massive period of insane cheer much louder.
Lol that's a good one

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts

It is a pop though. First of all they pop huge for his music and then an even louder pop comes when he walks onto the stage. Then it becomes a sustained roar etc.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Goldberg's pops don't count. Half of them were manufactured by audio technicians. That's how the whole "Goldberg" chanting craze got started in the first place.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Damn, I'm pretty sure Stone Cold's pops are tremendous. Couldn't be more perfect with that glass breaking and then arms raising along with a "YEAH!!!!!!"

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Pyro™;9128733 said:
LOL. That pop wasn't big or as sustained as many Rock and Austin pops in 1999 and 2000. Basically at Backlash 2000, the pop for Austin coming out, Rock getting the 3 count, and them drinking beer together is something that may never be heard in the industry again on the same night.

There's all kind of $hit though..Austin at NO Way Out 2003...the Rock return during the Invasion. Rock after Austin had walked out. And I'm just talking about the pop..the SUSTAINED ROAR and chants afterwards is something that a HHH has never gotten and probably never will get now that everyone knows he's a Stephanie McMahon sidekick.

Goldberg's pops don't count. Half of them were manufactured by audio technicians. That's how the whole "Goldberg" chanting craze got started in the first place.
Those reactions when he came out helping Juvetudd as US Champion and spearing the Flock were fucking nuts. The entire arena was standing the whole time he was killing people with those spears. And when he beat Hogan, it was damn sure legit. McMahon and his people were kind of jealous at how over Goldberg was during this era and that's when those shaky reports starting magically making waves.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts