Wrestling Forum banner

A more diplomatic look at TNA's so called Success vs Product Quality

531 0
I complain a lot about TNA replacing quality with quantity but if TNA were drawing big numbers, increasing the guy's paychecks, bringing reason for all their years of hard work and were establishing a buzz potentially bringing in a new era of wrestling i would be okay with it

I had fun when Impact went head to head with RAW over a year ago, probably the most fun i had as a wrestling fan in years, for the first time ever i got to enjoy that lost Monday night Wrestling experiance. It felt like a breathe of fresh air, thousands of wrestling fans from the past that have long since moved on came out of hiding to join in the festivities.

It would almost give a reason to release the Indy style guys that the tna defenders are so sure dont equal anything, thats okay too, we know how hard it is for these guys to get a decent living from this whole mess anyway so at least with them out of the way i know that they will do what they do somewhere else instead of being used as wasted generic fodder

if TNA can somehow turn these guys into marketable characters like LAX, Black Machismo, MCMG and Beer Money then fine, if they are happy with it then more power to them, but i dont see it happening beyond those seven guys

Wrestling is so not worth it nowadays that im would be all for TNA being like WWE if it meant becoming competitive with WWE.

At least we can be almost guranteed the best shows possible and sports entertainment can be kept separate from professional wrestling like the contrast ECW gave us from way back when.

The indy feds of the world would benefit from TNA justifying the Bishoff/Hogan/Russo regime with substancial increase and not pretencious bulls*** that would make a local Italian Resturante in 1980's England blush

BUT LETS FACE THE TRUTH, IT ISNT THERE, NO UPRISING TREND IN RATINGS OR ATTENDANCE OR PPV BUYS OR ANYTHING

ONLY A SLIGHT INCREASE IN MERCH SALES THAT ARENT GOING TO MAKE ANY SUBSTANCIAL CHANGES IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM, at the end of the day we are still at square 1 and nothing is getting done

As Konnan once said, "You cant keep waiting for another Rock to come along and save the business"

SO IS IT REALLY WORTH IT?