Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually watch Impact on a Sunday night on Bravo 2 (channel 153 for Sky viewers) but i went to Barbados with the girlfriend so only watched it earlier on today so i had not seen the aftermath of Bound For Glory and the Jeff Hardy heel turn but it has only just struck me that TNA have probably now missed a golden opportunity because now that Matt Hardy is officially a free agent and will almost certainly join TNA in around 80 odd days there would have been a HUGE opportunity to create a face stable that could have fought against the stable ran by Hollywood Hogan and Eric Bischoff.

Everyone knows how close Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Shane Helms and Shannon Moore have been since childhood and with Jeff Hardy the top face prior to Bound For Glory as well as Shannon Moore being in a good tag team in Ink Inc with Jesse Neal and Shane Helms and Matt Hardy being free agents TNA could have created a face stable out of the group. It is no secret that i wanted to see Kurt Angle turn heel because of how big a star he is and the fact he is a natural heel as well as it being almost certain the "They" storyline will culminate at next years Bound For Glory so a Kurt Angle main event would have been big and having Hardy/Angle in a stable vs stable feud until Jeff Hardy's trial is over would have been HUGE.

Another problem that TNA now have is that bringing in Matt Hardy now alongside Jeff Hardy will not have the same impact because of the fact that they would both be heel's whilst having them feud against each other again just wouldn't be that big. I don't think that as heel's having Matt Hardy and Shane Helms come into the Hogan/Bischoff stable would work because neither are a very big name in reality and the main focus in TNA has to be big if they are to really make their mark this year.

I believe that a face stable of Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Shane Helms and Shannon Moore alongside Jesse Neal would have been quite a big thing and everyone would have had a role with Jeff Hardy the main event star, Matt Hardy the mid card wrestler, Shane Helms in the X Division and obviously Ink Inc as a tag team and much like D-Generation X in 1998 i believe they would have been a good draw and the kind of stable that people would see as cool. Now though i see bringing Matt Hardy and Shane Helms in as catch 22 because if they do it won't really have much of an impact and if they don't they are missing out on two very good all round in ring performers.

The chance to have an "Omega" stable could have been a good draw up against the Hogan/Bischoff regime and also to bring a bit more quality to the roster but i fear that chance went the minute TNA decided to go with shock value in turning Jeff Hardy heel over good booking and long term planning by turning either Mr Anderson or Kurt Angle. There is no guarentee that Jeff Hardy won't be in prison in the next few months so turning him made even less sense but by keeping him face and adding Matt Hardy, Shane Helms and Ink Inc as a stable would have been a much better way to go.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yeah sure,

OMEGA + The Immortals (with anderson instead of hardy...) + Fourtune + Team Dixie (Pope, Sting, Angle, Joe, etc)

I mean, I like stables, a lot, but not that much.

TNA will be fine with the immortals and fourtune... Omega would suck as only jeff hardy is a draw...

I like him with the immortals, he could be a good heel, give him a chance.

·
Registered
549 Posts
What I'd love is for Joe and Pope to destroy JJ and Abyss, and then just as it seems Hardy is fucked and he's surrounded by the faces, Omega run out from the crowd and join Immortal. That way, what was a distinctly Hogan/nWo group can become a Jeff Hardy group.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yea, it's a good idea but now it's not possible. Also i would like to see Pope take charge of a new stable as he could be the main babyface along with joe playing the loner babyface.
TNA have a history of keeping up with story lines and never forgetting plots and angles, so yep it's not going to happen now.:side:

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah sure,

OMEGA + The Immortals (with anderson instead of hardy...) + Fourtune + Team Dixie (Pope, Sting, Angle, Joe, etc)

I mean, I like stables, a lot, but not that much.

TNA will be fine with the immortals and fourtune... Omega would suck as only jeff hardy is a draw...
I like him with the immortals, he could be a good heel, give him a chance.
Of course TNA will be alright with the Hogan/Bischoff stable and Fortune but the fact's are that stable's draw as we saw in 1997 in WWE with D-Generation X, The Hart Foundation, The Nation, Los Boriquoas and The D.O.A who over the next year all feuded with each other and played a major part in establishing people like The Rock and Triple H and also helping WWE bridge the gap in the ratings with WCW. Then just a year and a bit later we also had The Ministry of Darkness, The Union and The Corporation which again helped establish more wrestler's and also was a draw.

The fact that Jeff Hardy would be the only major draw isn't a concern because every stable begins with just one major draw or main star as we saw with Hulk Hogan in The New World Order or Shawn Michaels in D-Generation X or The Rock in The Nation and The Corporation and then The Undertaker in The Ministry of Darkness. The fact is that as a face and having Matt Hardy, Shane Helms and Ink Inc alongside Jeff Hardy we would have seen a really good face stable which is something we don't see these days and also that group is regarded as cool which would have probably done well in merchandise sales for the kids but more importantly is would have been a draw against the Hogan/Bischoff stable had either Mr Anderson or Kurt Angle turned heel instead but now TNA have missed that chance.

I do NOT WANT Hardy Boyz in the TNA... I just don't
Well you better learn to like it or accept it because i will put my house on Matt Hardy joining TNA as soon as his 90 day no compete clause is up and joining TNA is the only reason why Matt Hardy was so desperate to leave WWE. The reality is that as a tag team The Hardy Boys are a draw because the fan's either in the crowd or at home love watching them because of their style and the fact that they are a truly legendary tag team who have a lot of history.

·
Registered
593 Posts
They have the Guns, the Bucks, BM and Ink... Now they need a fifth team? The Tag-Team Division is too big... If you call the "Odd Couple" a team, it would make 5 now... And they do not even use Tag Teams much now do they

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
TNA and WWE have had more missed opportunities then i've had hot meals

1 - 10 of 10 Posts