Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I never seen Christian slap fives with the fans when coming down the aisle to the ring.
Same with Punk when he was a face, like how Jeff Hardy would shake the hands of
the fans in the front row and Rey touching heads with the kids. I know this may
seem like a pointless thread, but this could be a glimpse of their real life
attitude towards the fans. Are they really a-holes towards them, or do they
just don't go out of their way and be extra nice to the fans the way Rey and Jeff are.
Even post-match you'll see HHH and Cena shake hands with the fans going up the ramp,
because during their entrances they don't have time to do it (busy looking intense
or running past them lol).

We all know CM Punk and Christian have a huge following on the internet, and I'll
admit I'm apart of the following lol. What are you thoughts?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Probably part of their character intro....

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll say that they just don't go out of their way.

I don't think it's such a big deal. I mean, they didn't hi-five the fans in the attitude era.
Yeah I know its not a big deal, but I don't think I EVER saw those two interact with the fans in such a way. I'm sure the Hardyz shooks hands with the crowd if no body else did lol.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
It's better this way than turn into mode: "When I'm a face I'm a smiling good guy who high-fives everybody and respect all my opponents but when I'm a heel I don't high-five you anymore, I don't smile and I don't respect".

And it normally happens without any reason. "Hey, I turn on my partner and we used to be all smily and happy 24/7, but now I'm not and I hate you, AAARGH!!"

Geez, I hate when they change their character 100% like they did with, let's say, MVP.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's better this way than turn into mode: "When I'm a face I'm a smiling good guy who high-fives everybody and respect all my opponents but when I'm a heel I don't high-five you anymore, I don't smile and I don't respect".

And it normally happens without any reason. "Hey, I turn on my partner and we used to be all smily and happy 24/7, but now I'm not and I hate you, AAARGH!!"

Geez, I hate when they change their character 100% like they did with, let's say, MVP.
I agree with you on the smiley happy face and angry heel thing. Also with the
characters I agree too. MVP to me is one of the few faces that is not afraid
of a fight, has an bit of edge to him, and is not a typical cookie cutter babyface.
I think back to the Miz/MVP promo on Raw during their feud for the U.S. title. I know
WWE stripped him of his elaborate entrance, good contract, cockyness, etc., but he still possesses a type of edge to him unlike wrestlers like Evan Bounre, Yoshi, Masters, etc. Its
kinda hard to put into words.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Perhaps they don't want (God knows what) germs off the peoples hands , what if someone been scratching their ass , picking their nose , spit on their hand on purpose because they dislike them , coughing , sneezing , fapped and didn't wash hands , etc

I don't blame them and wouldn't call them A-holes for not wanting to receive the random filth contained on the collective of the front rows hands :confused:

·
Registered
520 Posts
I don't see the Undertaker celebrate with the fans when he's a face.
He's really nice out of character though
Your point?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I know that CM Punk has a passionate hate for Fans, don't know bout Christian.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I agree with you on the smiley happy face and angry heel thing. Also with the
characters I agree too. MVP to me is one of the few faces that is not afraid
of a fight, has an bit of edge to him, and is not a typical cookie cutter babyface.
I think back to the Miz/MVP promo on Raw during their feud for the U.S. title. I know
WWE stripped him of his elaborate entrance, good contract, cockyness, etc., but he still possesses a type of edge to him unlike wrestlers like Evan Bounre, Yoshi, Masters, etc. Its
kinda hard to put into words.
I think what you're trying to say it that he still has his swagger,which is true.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Multiple babyfaces interact with the crowd ,they could hate it but they still do it to keep in character.After the show they could be dicks for all we know to the fans.(Punk and Christian where awesome when I met them though)

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I know that CM Punk has a passionate hate for Fans, don't know bout Christian.
Punk is awesome too his fans :confused:Probably the nicest wrestler I have ever met ,he went out of the way to sign autographs and t-shirts for everyone.He would have a legit 10-15 conversation with you too ,I don't know where your getting this from.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Punk is awesome too his fans :confused:Probably the nicest wrestler I have ever met ,he went out of the way to sign autographs and t-shirts for everyone.He would have a legit 10-15 conversation with you too ,I don't know where your getting this from.
I read many horror Storys about Punk and Fans, but maybe the Fans aren't the politest too..

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
He probably hates the fan that said Punk hates fans because, he probbaly dissed straightedge.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I read many horror Storys about Punk and Fans, but maybe the Fans aren't the politest too..
I think every wrestler has had their days and been horrific ,we could of got Punk on a very good day ,he seemed legit awesome though.

I suppose if the fans are dicks the wrestlers are hardly gonna put up with their shit.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Just cos you're face doesn't mean you slap hands with the fans. Can you imagine either one of Orton, Triple H or Taker doing it? NO! Cos they're in the zone during their entrance.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
The thing is Christian actually had that kind of fan interaction at the houseshow I went to earlier this year.

Maybe you should ask him via Twitter why he is not doing it on TV.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
The cynic in me was half expecting the opening post to state that both their names start with a C.

Would have been "thread of the year" worthy.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts