Wrestling Forum banner

Which list of wrestlers do you like the in-ring work of best?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am doing a little experiment, you tell me which list of wrestlers you like best overall. Base it on in ring skill only.

LIST A

Daniel Bryan
DH Smith
Tyson Kidd
William Regal
Alberto Del Rio
Chris Masters
Chris Jericho

LIST B

Ezekiel Jackson
John Cena
Mark Henry
Micheal Tarver
Shaemus
Wade Barrett
The Big Show
Jack Swagger
Kane

LIST C

Evan Bourne
Husky Harris
John Morrison
Justin Gabriel
R-Truth
Curt Hawkings
Kaval
Kofi Kingston
Tyler Reks

LIST D

CM Punk
The Miz
Randy Orton
Ted DiBiase
Triple H
Christian
Cody Rhodes
Dolph Ziggler
Drew Mcyntyre

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
List A is best followed by either List D OR C and list B is definetly last

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
curious behind the motivations of it...

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Nice responses, I will tell you how I split them up when I get a certain number of votes
List A - technicians (-Masters and Smith) (actually, it's probably just a list of guys with submission finishers, but then Jericho probably shouldn't be on that list)
List B - powerhouses
List C - high flyers/athletes
List D - guys who were destined to be wrestlers/wanted to be wrestlers as a kid?

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
if A is ring skill, which it looks like, why the hell is Chris Masters there? he's above average at best. DH Smith isn't that great either.
B i'm assuming is power, although those are all very different variations of power.
C is agile, possible aerial attacks and the like, more spotty wrestlers in that list (not saying they are spot monkeys, they just perform more spots than others)
and D is the only one i can't really decide, cuz if its for promos, then you really, really fucked that one up with Orton, DiBiase, and McIntyre.

as for wrestling-wise, list D or A. a lot of them have way too many medicore-ness to make an easy decision.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nothing is promo wise, people are getting close. D is tough because I used it as a catch-all for the ones who didn't fit, there was some who didn't even fit my mold for D.

D is mostly suplexes facebusters and DDT variants.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Ah, so that explains why I was automatically drawn to list D. DDTs have always looked like the coolest wrestling moves to me personally.

Interesting thread.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Nothing is promo wise, people are getting close. D is tough because I used it as a catch-all for the ones who didn't fit, there was some who didn't even fit my mold for D.

D is mostly suplexes facebusters and DDT variants.
Take out DiBiase and Ziggler and it becomes the 'guys who make you land on your face' group.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
List A has pretty good wrestlers but I'm not a big fan of technical wrestling so I only like watching Jericho's and Bryan's matches. I like Del Rio's as well but that's mainly due to his character not to his wrestling.

From list B I only like watching Sheamus, Kane is slow nowadays and his matches are a sore to watch. Cena while being the best of the bunch can't say I'm a fan of his wrestling and while Swagger might be good he's a poormans Kurt Angle.

I don't care for anyone's wrestling on list C.

From list D I only like watching CM Punk and Triple H wrestle.

When I try to enjoy a match it's hard for me to separate a wrestler's ring abilities from his character, if I don't like/care for the wrestler's character it's hard for me to care for his matches as well.

I ended up not voting.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts