Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, last one for today ... but The Nasty Boys, I thought would be a good one, I think people have mixed vibes on these guys, but I thought it would be interesting to hear people's thoughts in regards to them here.

They won the Tag Team Titles from The Hart Foundation (which I recently found out from a forum member here this was supposed to go to Power & Glory at the time at Mania 7) ... they had quite a lengthy run, and they even did participate in the odd singles matches (mainly Knobbs) ... they seemed to be around a while, and also competed in TNA too, I guess they were known as really dirty players (which fit their characters perfectly) ... I remember them doing the armpit move which I thought was disgusting lol ... but I thought it would be cool to hear some vibes on these guys, as I think this could be an interesting one.

Again, some questions to answer :

1. Fave match The Nasty Boys was involved in?

2. Who do you think they had the best chemistry with?

3. Fave memory of all time in regards to The Nasty Boys?

4. Thoughts on their promo and in ring ability?

5. Hall Of Fame worthy? .... Discuss.

Nasty Boys Promo

Nasty Boys Squash Match

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I HATED the Nasty Boys. Didn't matter if they were face or heel. WWF or WCW. I couldn't stand the ugly buggers. They had 'change the channel' heat with me. With that being said, they somehow found themselves in a bunch of really good tag team brawls.

vs. Cactus/Sullivan- THAT is how you do a blowoff. I love ECW and I can only think of one ECW tag match I'd rate over this one. The Nastys also had good matches with Cactus/Payne, the Steiners and Hart Foundation.

Cactus Jack because he didn't care if they clobbered him with stuff for real.

Losing to Cactus/Sullivan. The Cactus feud in general.

Horrible on promos. Bad in the ring.

Well, I guess they were more successful than Koko, but I can think of a hundred guys (maybe more) I'd rather see in this time.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Probably against the LOD at Summerslam '91. I also liked a lot of their matches with Harlem Heat.

Harlem Heat.

Since it's Halloween time, this, from Halloween Havoc '94:

Promo ability was pretty good, I mean they yelled a lot but that was their gimmick. In ring, good brawlers.

Sure. I really like the Nasty Boys a lot, even though I heard they were always dicks backstage. I liked their gimmick, they were like the Beavis and Butthead of wrestling. And I liked their brawling style.

·
Likes wrestling....
9,902 Posts
I HATED the Nasty Boys. Didn't matter if they were face or heel. WWF or WCW. I couldn't stand the ugly buggers. They had 'change the channel' heat with me. With that being said, they somehow found themselves in a bunch of really good tag team brawls.

vs. Cactus/Sullivan- THAT is how you do a blowoff. I love ECW and I can only think of one ECW tag match I'd rate over this one. The Nastys also had good matches with Cactus/Payne, the Steiners and Hart Foundation.

Cactus Jack because he didn't care if they clobbered him with stuff for real.

Losing to Cactus/Sullivan. The Cactus feud in general.

Horrible on promos. Bad in the ring.

Well, I guess they were more successful than Koko, but I can think of a hundred guys (maybe more) I'd rather see in this time.
Although I could once again talk about there early days in the AWA, World Class, WCW, and of course Memphis (where they cut their teeth) I will say I agree with BY-Tor on this one. Hated the guys.

They were 20 years too late in the business, two slobs who could take a punch belonged more in the 70's. Maybe I would have liked them then but probably not.

·
Master Of the DDT
801 Posts
That was me that told you about the Power & Glory switch. ;) Always felt that Hercules & Roma got royally screwed on that one.
As for the Nasty Boys. I hate them. Seriously hate Knobbs & Saggs. I don't think I've ever seen two more untalented pieces of crap in wrestling.

Royal Rumble matches. I didn't have to pay attention to them.

Hulk Hogan. Only way these two ever had jobs in the business.

The day they stopped wresting on T.V.

Whatever can come below God-Fucking-Awful! Terrible on the mic & just amazingly bad in the ring. Bad timing, bad psychology. Just shit in the ring.

5. Hall Of Fame worthy?

Not a fucking chance unless Hogan pulls more strings one day. My feeling for the Hall of Fame/Legend status is that regardless of whether one was a face or a heel, there should be respect from their peers & from the fans to get in. I don't think anyone in the industry, apart from Hogan, even remotely likes these two.

·
Premium Member
19,306 Posts
That was me that told you about the Power & Glory switch. ;) Always felt that Hercules & Roma got royally screwed on that one.
As for the Nasty Boys. I hate them. Seriously hate Knobbs & Saggs. I don't think I've ever seen two more untalented pieces of crap in wrestling.

5. Hall Of Fame worthy?

Not a fucking chance unless Hogan pulls more strings one day. My feeling for the Hall of Fame/Legend status is that regardless of whether one was a face or a heel, there should be respect from their peers & from the fans to get in. I don't think anyone in the industry, apart from Hogan, even remotely likes these two.
Agreed. The only good moments I can remember of them was simply Knobbs being a drunk douche bag on Hogan Knows Best, trying to get a teenager to watch Mania VII with him at 2am. Fuckem.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

Royal Rumble matches. I didn't have to pay attention to them.

Hulk Hogan. Only way these two ever had jobs in the business.

The day they stopped wresting on T.V.

Whatever can come below God-Fucking-Awful! Terrible on the mic & just amazingly bad in the ring. Bad timing, bad psychology. Just shit in the ring.

5. Hall Of Fame worthy?

Yeah, I kinda feel that Herc and Jerk (as Heenan would say ha) ... would have been great with the Tag Team Belts, I'm not totally against The Nasty Boys having a run, they're kinda the one's having the belts you just wanna get them off of, so to speak, but knowing now that Power & Glory were in line for the belts, I think it's a shame they didn't actually get a title run, they'd have been great with them!!!

Out of the two, which do you prefer then? I've always got the impression Saggs (The dark haired one) ... was kinda quiet outside of the gimmick, he actually seems alright I think really.

I watched this shoot here, and he seems ok does the dark haired one I think more so.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I can't stand them. Knobbs more so than Saggs. I can't say I have enjoyed anything they did.

Also, I wish people would stop using the "Koko B Ware is in HOF so anyone can get in" line, it's cheap and a bit unfair on the Birdman ;)

·
Likes wrestling....
9,902 Posts
1.) Something most of us agree on ;)

2.) As far as Koko, people often forget he was a very good worker before his WWF stint, besides that Johnny Rodz is in the HoF. How many of you know who he is (before you wiki him)?

·
Master Of the DDT
801 Posts
Koko gets shit on just because his WWF career, which most of us are probably familiar with, but Koko was a solid worker & seems to be fairly well respected within the industry.

I don't think the Nasty Boys have that respect. Just fowl-mouthed, selfish, lumps of human garbage.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah, I kinda feel that Herc and Jerk (as Heenan would say ha) ... would have been great with the Tag Team Belts, I'm not totally against The Nasty Boys having a run, they're kinda the one's having the belts you just wanna get them off of, so to speak, but knowing now that Power & Glory were in line for the belts, I think it's a shame they didn't actually get a title run, they'd have been great with them!!!

Out of the two, which do you prefer then? I've always got the impression Saggs (The dark haired one) ... was kinda quiet outside of the gimmick, he actually seems alright I think really.

I watched this shoot here, and he seems ok does the dark haired one I think more so.

Not a huge fan of the Nasty's but Saggs seems a really nice, genuine guy actually. Knobbs not so much.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
I never liked these guys at all. Poor in ring work and they did a horrible job with their gimmick. Top this off with how they advanced because of being Hogan's friends and I sinply can't find anything good to say about them.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
148 Posts
I thought they were alright. They were IMO a mid-card tag team and I couldn't take them too seriously as champs although they did manage to carry the belts well as a sleazy heel tag team. The gimmick fit them well and they made it work. I preferred watching other tag teams more but if the Nasties were on I could still watch and be entertained.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
I never liked these guys at all. Poor in ring work and they did a horrible job with their gimmick. Top this off with how they advanced because of being Hogan's friends and I sinply can't find anything good to say about them.
This guy gets it. They were a waste of space.

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts
The Nasty Boys were great brawlers. Sometimes it worked in their favor, other times not.
I think they definitely have a unique spot in wrestling and WWE history. I used to mark for them as a kid because of their quasi punk rock look and brawler style. Of course I marked harder for L.O.D. but the Nastys were good for business.

Easy. Plus the matches mentioned against Payne/Jack and Jack/Sullivan. Plus a couple of WWF matches.
Man that takes me back. I think I remember B&W photos of this match in a magazine as a kid. Not WWE magazine, but probably something like Pro Wrestling Illustrated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts