Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so most people are probably going to remember and refer to Neidhart, as part of his Hart Foundation days with Bret, however he did also have various runs after such as a singles run and The New Foundation with Owen also (which later became High Energy between Owen and Koko B Ware), as well as being part of the Hart Foundation with Bret, Davey Boy, Pillman, Owen etc... his promo's were also very good!!!

Of course Neidhart's career didn't hit the heights that Bret's did, however what are your thoughts in regards to Neidhart as a wrestler in general?

Again, some questions to answer :

1. Fave match Neidhart was involved in?

2. Who do you think he had the best chemistry with?

3. Fave memory of all time in regards to Neidhart?

4. Thoughts on his promo and in ring ability?

5. Hall Of Fame worthy? .... Discuss.

Jim Neidhart Promo

Neidhart Vs Hennig

·
Master Of the DDT
801 Posts
I've been waiting for this one! One half of my all time, number 1 tag team!

I've mentioned this somewhere before, so pardon me if I repeat myself. The Hart Foundation vs. Tito Santana & Dan Spivey, January 1987, Saturday Night's Main Event. The first ever wrestling match I ever saw. I thought Bret & the Anvil were just the coolest dudes.

The 10 man tag at the Calgary Stampede PPV.

I thought his match with Ric Flair in late 1991 was pretty good.

Bret obviously. His work with Owen in 1994 was just great!

It might be when he returned to help Bret as the Hart Foundation was reforming.

Pretty solid in the ring. Great promos. Jim just played the unhinged guy to perfection.

5. Hall Of Fame worthy?

He should be in there & if it wasn't for some of his personal problems, he probably would be in there. I'm sure the Anvil will get his call within the next couple of years.

·
Likes wrestling....
8,223 Posts
Here we go again :lol....

But this time I 100% agree that Neidhart's best days were in the WWF. There is no debate from me on here at all on that.

I liked his interviews but never much more than that. Hate to sound like a broken record here but I grew up watching Memphis, WWF, Georgia, Florida, and World Class. But my fondest memories and ones I can remember like the back of my hand are from Memphis. I remember when he debuted in Memphis doing the ex-football player gimmick, he would carry a Raiders helmet to the ring. He teamed with King Kong Bundy and Ric Rude and the three of them had a great heel team in Memphis. I think he also did singles work in Mid-South.

1. Fave match Neidhart was involved in? Anyone of his matches with Brett against the Bulldogs.

2. Who do you think he had the best chemistry with? Here's a curveball maybe, Ric Rude.

3. Fave memory of all time in regards to Neidhart? Funny enough it's him wrestling as "WHO" in a masked short lived gimmick in WWF. So awful it was funny.

4. Thoughts on his promo and in ring ability? Much better on promos, limited in the ring.

5. Hall Of Fame worthy? .... Discuss. Yes based on his Hart Foundation run.

Would like to add for the Savage fans that he and Rude fueded with Savage and Lawler.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I was a Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart fan for a long time. However, that had more to do with me really wanting to like him than it did with him actually being good.

The Canadian Stampede 10 man tag is my favorite match ever.
Other than that, Hart Foundation vs. Brainbusters from Summerslam 1989.
I can't think of any good singles matches for the Anvil.

Bret as a partner. The Hart Foundation had a great act going with Anvil as the big wild and crazy guy, Bret as the smooth, quiet technician and Jimmy Hart as the annoying loudmouth manager. Just a classic pro wrestling act.

Hart Foundation beating the Bulldogs for the tag titles was the first title change I ever saw, so it's been permanently embedded on my brain. His KOTR 94 appearances, coming back to save Bret in 97, and (unfortunately) getting humiliated by DX are some other Anvil moments I remember well.

Pretty good on promos. He was good for short bursts in tag matches, but pretty awful in singles competition. There is a reason Bret went onto superstardom and Anvil floundered for years.

5. Hall Of Fame worthy? .... Discuss.

Probably. Though I can't see him ever going in alone. He'll probably get inducted as a Hart Foundation member one day.

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it does seem as though the Hart Foundation could end up going into the HOF really doesn't it?

·
Registered
171 Posts
It's too bad that the New Foundation (Neidhart and Owen) didn't last long or get a better push. I think those awful taxi cab jackets and pants didn't do them any favours.

·
Master Of the DDT
801 Posts
I think the Anvil kicked them. I seem to remember reading something about him attending WWE sponsored rehab.
I'd love to see the entire Hart Foundation go into the Hall of Fame. Anvil, Bulldog, Owen & Pillman all deserve to be there.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
'That big nasty rhino' :vince3

Always pleased to see the Canadian Stampede love, such a GOAT match and event. And much respect for Neidhart as a tag-team wrestler. Was always impressed by the sling-shot move the Hart Foundation always did.

Noticed his little pink hat that he once sported whilst watching old vids recently though - not so good. What were you thinking Jim?

·
18,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ha, he looks like a bath plug lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts