Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if this comes off as too elitist:
In Boston we have a Red Sox message board that I was a member of for years called Sons of Sam Horn. When they started they had the same problem with trolls/idiots that plagues this place.
They implemented a policy for many years where you had to earn your stripes so to speak before you could post on most of the boards.
They had a Newbie board that the mods monitored more for trolls because they knew they could more or less trust the main boards of proven posters(very rarely was a thread closed on the main and it was usually for a double post). The mods gave posters their main board credentials not on post count but on merit.
Could something like that work here? Thanks.

Edit to add that SOSH left open most of the "Other" boards because, for example, if someone joins the board to add something to the German soccer thread there is no point in having them start a new thread about it in the Newbies section.

Reactions: spikingspud

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's fair. I just feel that a lot of people, including myself, come on here for good discussion and don't come back for a period of time because we get sick of bullshit.

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts
A few well placed tags in the OP would have been funny as fuck. Just sayin'

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Confused (which doesn't take much for me) in advanced search doesn't it have a checkbox for 'also search in child forums' :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts