Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading an interview with Magnus, where he said it's hard for the company when everyone just streams and downloads the PPVs instead of buying them, which led them to cut down the amount of PPVs.

My question to you. If TNA put on a product that you really enjoyed week to week, or perhaps in the past, if TNA did have a product you really liked to watch. Would you (or did you) buy a PPV???

I ask this, because I think while casual viewers make up the biggest chunk of the weekly viewership on Spike, I really think that the hardcore audience are the main buyers of the PPVs.

For me, I would buy the PPV. But I don't have cable/satellite, as I don't watch enough TV programming for it to be worth while. If TNA offered an HD stream I could buy, I would.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
I used to buy the PPV's with a friend before I had a good internet connection.

Would I buy one? No, probably not. I'd rather save the money. If they gave me a reason to buy though I definitely would (Something like free gifts, credits, etc)

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I'm not a streamer, if you make a product I like I would happily pay for it.

I paid for 3 tna ppv's this year and a few one night only shows. I enjoyed the product at the eginning of the yea till about after lockdown.

After that I fell off, I bought bfg, trying to give tna a chance and figuring its tna's big show.

nothing would make me happier for tna o get hot and put on ppv's worth spending money on.i'd happily do it.

·
Intoner
6,591 Posts
No, I'm not buying things that I can get for free. I paid for PPV once, and it was Dest X in 2011. I would pay for another PPV only to show my support to the company.
I would better buy a 2 shirts on this money. I mean TNA wretlers shirts. Profit to them, profit to me.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
TNA or anyone in TNA shouldn't complain about streamers. They scaled back to 4 ppv's a year and still shit the bed. Nothing interesting, cards that are super predicable, the matches seem on the same level as Impact. They have no build up most of the ppv matches were thrown together in the week or two before the event. TNA only have themselves to blame for the situation they are in. If they put out a good product people would tune in and want to buy their ppv's.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Yeah sure if it were entertaining, they don't need to be WWE in terms of glam & glitz just great wrestling ala ECW and have great natural stories.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
If it was available here I would, of course depending on the card and feuds at the time.

More often than not I'll wait a day or 2 and download it in HD anyway.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
I was reading an interview with Magnus, where he said it's hard for the company when everyone just streams and downloads the PPVs instead of buying them, which led them to cut down the amount of PPVs.

My question to you. If TNA put on a product that you really enjoyed week to week, or perhaps in the past, if TNA did have a product you really liked to watch. Would you (or did you) buy a PPV???

I ask this, because I think while casual viewers make up the biggest chunk of the weekly viewership on Spike, I really think that the hardcore audience are the main buyers of the PPVs.

For me, I would buy the PPV. But I don't have cable/satellite, as I don't watch enough TV programming for it to be worth while. If TNA offered an HD stream I could buy, I would.

Well i didnt know anyone that bought every ppv even back in the golden wwf wcw days. I mean we ended up rotating house to house. My point is the concept of ppv is just to much for people to buy every ppv.

Hell even the movie industry is not getting it. If they dropped the prices of movies a few dollars,They would get many more people buying them. Why do you think steam digital game distributor does so well. They drop the prices big time and make huge sales. They said that you end up making more money by having it cheaper.

The entertainment business is not speeding up to the modern times

So i expect it to be much worse in todays day.

And the fact that you have so many options today and the industry doesn't offer up to the options proves enough. You should be able to buy a TNA ppv from the site regardless what country you are in. This is why ppv concept and contracts are screwed up.

Reactions: 2 Ton 21

·
Registered
904 Posts
I would definitely pay for a TNA pay-per-view right now. I plan to buy every single one from here on out. I support the hell out of this company for being a wrestling company that actually cares about wrestling. And honestly, since AJ's started to go ham on the mic, I can't miss anything with him. I really hope TNA comes back to Jonesboro or Southaven soon so I can see it live.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I've never paid for a PPV. although up until maybe 5 or so years ago I had a satellite receiver with the ability to illegally pick up all Dishnet satellite programming, so I could watch a PPV on TV for free.
also up until maybe 3 or 4 years ago I only had dial up internet since it wasn't yet available where I live in the country. lately it's just not worth it when I can watch the same thing using a free stream online.
now if there was a way to get something else along with the PPV, like some type of gifts that made it more than just what you can watch on a stream.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
you have to remember though, most active people on here have never bought a PPV in their life, maybe 'Mania, at a push. It's all about streaming now. I stream but I'd buy the PPV if I could and it was also a good card, support the product. Can't beat HD quality, you lose some of the experience on a shitty stream.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
im not sure its even possible to purchase a live tna ppv from the country I currently live in

1 - 13 of 13 Posts