Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just finished watching Smackdown, and I think that this new generation is very "healthy" so to say. The guys are pretty good. If they're bad on the mic, they're good in the ring. If they're bad in the ring, they're good on the mic.

Guys like Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd, Ted Dibiase, Daniel Bryan (kinda), Heath Slater, Joe Hennig, Jack Swagger, and so on, who are bad on the mic and can't talk, they're great in the ring.

There are also guys like The Miz, R Truth, Wade Barrett, Justin Mahal, Alex Riley who are not very good in the ring, but they can talk very well.

Then, there's the selected few who are good at both like Sheamus, Brodus Clay, CM Punk, Randy Orton, John Cena, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, and Christian.

Now, the star power may not be high, but that just takes time for the star to develop. Cuz I can see megastars in CM Punk, Sheamus, Miz, Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan, being made within a year or 2. The low star power and the likelyness to get decimated in the ratings by Monday Night Football is why the rosters got united last month, and I'm liking it. Gives you more reason to watch the show. To make the brand unification a success, they have to have it balanced. The first few shows weren't very well balanced, but I think they're changing that with the last few shows.

They've been giving each division good attention. For example, the Night of Champions card is pretty damn good and there is reason to watch.

1. Triple Vs CM Punk- This is definitely going to be good. Their promos have been phenomenal, even though the story was ruined when Kevin Nash got there, but they're bringing it back up. Hopefully Nash won't come back though.

2. Randy Orton Vs Mark Henry- There is definitely reason to tune in here. Will Mark Henry get his world title that he's wanted for so long, or will he get beat by Randy Orton?

3. Kelly Vs Phoenix- They're doing a great job with this storyline. There is a lot of story here, and who knows if Beth Pheonix and Natalya will actually bring change to this division?

4. Air Boom Vs Awesome Truth- Again, they have definitely put in work in the tag division. We have 2 good tag teams. Air Boom are a nice face team. They're very likeable, exciting, fun to watch. The Awesome Truth is also fun to watch. The rap on SD was great lol. Very entertaining. I'm actually looking forward to this match.

5. Ziggler Vs Riley Vs Swagger Vs Morrison- They have also put in work in this midcard storyline. They have given Swagger and Ziggler mic and TV time, which is a change. The story isn't really why I'm excited for this match, but the fact that we all know this will be an awesome match is what gets me excited.

6. Cena Vs Del Rio- Ok, I'm stuck here. This isn't very good. It's just a typical MITB cash in story. Nothing special. Cena might win his 25th title. Nothing new.

7. Cody Rhodes Vs Ted Dibiase- This is very cool here. They saw that Dibiase failed as a heel, so they turned him face in a very good way. Who knows? Maybe he was born to be a face. He's definitely marketable, has the look, easy to get behind. This could also be his last chance though. They gave him a few chances as a heel (Legacy, Maryse, Rhodes story), but if he fails as a face, he's definitely out of here. So this could also be a huge match.

I know the IWC will always complain, but right now, there isn't much to complain about. Attention is being given to all divisions, stars are being made slow and steady, booking is getting a lil better.

So, things are definitely picking up here. We already know that WM28 will more than likely get the most buys out of any Wrestlemania ever, cuz the travel packages ran out so damn quick. We already also know that Rock Vs Cena will take place, we know that that match could easily sell out a big arena. The Undertaker will also fight there, which also sells out arenas. Sin Cara will more than likely face Rey Mysterio (I know he's injured, but there is A LOT of time until WM), and of course, the celebrity appearance,. Lebron James, Big Shaq, Brock Lesnar, even Fucking Justin Bieber would bring in big cash that the WWE could easily get their hands on. There is also some hints of CM Punk Vs Stone Cold, which would make 300,000 smarks cream their pants.

So, all in all, WM28 that will probably be the starting point of this new generation, will be the most watched WM ever, so what is next? Could it be more success? I definitely think so. This will be an awesome era to come. Sheamus, Wade Barrett, John Cena, Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, Randy Orton, CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, Brodus Clay, Sin Cara, and Justin Gabriel will lead it, and will be entertaining us (at least me) for years to come.

1 more thing. The Royal Rumble is less than 4 months away. Who do you think will win and become the new megastar? I'm going with Sheamus.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Most of the WWE doesn't have personality. Also most of them are decent in the ring at best. But that may not be their fault. WWE developmental makes everyone generic and the same.

Of the guys you mentioned were bad on the mic but are good in the ring, only Daniel Bryan has had a good match and it wasn't in WWE, it was in Ring of Honor.

It's too late and I'm too tired to go in depth.

HHH/Punk-Just get HHH off my TV and they are not champions, Hate the storyline but that's probably cause I hate Triple H, much like how someone may not watch a movie because they don't like a certain actor. Neither are champions(despite the name of the PPV)
Orton/Henry-I think it's fresh because Orton vs Christian was going since April. Good.
Kelly/Phoenix-zzzzzzzz. All divas are terrible in the ring Beth included.
Tag match: Two thrown together teams fighting for the belts. Terrible.
4 way: Battle of who is the most generic wrestler in WWE.
Rhodes/Dibiase: zzzz
Del Rio/Cena: Boring, but I know for this one I seem to be in the majority

Give most of these guys a personality/gimmick and change the way they do TV and then we would have a good era ahead.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most of the WWE doesn't have personality. Also most of them are decent in the ring at best. But that may not be their fault. WWE developmental makes everyone generic and the same.

Of the guys you mentioned were bad on the mic but are good in the ring, only Daniel Bryan has had a good match and it wasn't in WWE, it was in Ring of Honor.

It's too late and I'm too tired to go in depth.

HHH/Punk-Just get HHH off my TV and they are not champions, Hate the storyline but that's probably cause I hate Triple H, much like how someone may not watch a movie because they don't like a certain actor. Neither are champions(despite the name of the PPV)
Orton/Henry-I think it's fresh because Orton vs Christian was going since April. Good.
Kelly/Phoenix-zzzzzzzz. All divas are terrible in the ring Beth included.
Tag match: Two thrown together teams fighting for the belts. Terrible.
4 way: Battle of who is the most generic wrestler in WWE.
Rhodes/Dibiase: zzzz
Del Rio/Cena: Boring, but I know for this one I seem to be in the majority

Give most of these guys a personality/gimmick and change the way they do TV and then we would have a good era ahead.
The WWE isn't even trying to impress you because they know they never will. You're just one of those guys who will always complain no matter how good the product is.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I AGREE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts