Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the Youth movement is in full flow

Their building up their young talent, some are already being pushed into the main event

and yet none of them are booked to win the matches with the big boys

Sheamus
Swagger
Miz ,they all win their titles, get allot of hype then ...nothing, they end up winning every fucking Main Event match by DQ

How Can the WWE think that that's gonna help these guys carry the company?

Why the fuck arent the Big boys [Cena,HHH,Orton, Edge] going, You know what let me lay down clean for this guy so he actually can get some credibility

I understand the big boys need to keep looking strong but Sheamus has been getting a strong push for 2 fucking years and he has still yet to beat a main eventer legit

WTF!

[also Why the fuck aren't the faces getting main event pushes?]

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Re: The Biggest Flaw with the WWE Right now is...

look at past history for 1st title reigns

punk
orton
edge
rey

all had poorly booked title reigns

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

look at past history for 1st title reigns

punk
orton
edge
rey

all had poorly booked title reigns
Wich shows a Consistent problem

those guys u listed all Won their first tiles when the WWE had time to play that bullshit

The WWE needs new stars now and their killing them selves practically

·
Registered
1,935 Posts

I don't even know WHAT their planning with Sheamus.

Seriously, it's a shit-fest.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts

The Miz - WWE Champion (win by cheating or using tricks is the perfect way to book a guy like him)
ADR - Rumble winner
Ziggler - 1st contender
Barrett - main heel attraction of the last six months

as for Swagger or Sheamus, they had their chance...

I don't get this constant hate of WWE.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts

Because things in WWE don't make sense. Everything that was even remotely cool has been taken away or "dumbed down". Their storylines are terrible and illogical. Characters, do they even exist outside like 6 people on the roster?

There are lots of other things too but that's the basis. If anything, I don't get someone over the age of 18 with a constant love of WWE.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The Miz - WWE Champion (win by cheating or using tricks is the perfect way to book a guy like him)
that's fine and dandy but when he cant even beat lawyer with out cheating there's a problem

ADR - Rumble winner
ADR seems to be the Sole exception, even then if he were to win the title they'd probably do the same to him

Ziggler - 1st contender
Who needed Vickie's help just to hold onto the IC Title!

Barrett - main heel attraction of the last six months
Again not one Clean win over any one who matters

this isn't "hate" this is a Legitimate Complaint

·
Registered
897 Posts

Why the fuck arent the Big boys [Cena,HHH,Orton, Edge] going, You know what let me lay down clean for this guy so he actually can get some credibility

I understand the big boys need to keep looking strong but Sheamus has been getting a strong push for 2 fucking years and he has still yet to beat a main eventer legit
This is the simplicity of the WWE's booking at the moment. Heels only win if they cheat, faces usually overcome. It's simple, and it works from a booking standpoint, but it's not really good for putting those heels over as legitimate threats. I agree that it's a problem, because these guys are now your top heels and will be needed to elevate the young faces to the main event from the midcard.

If those heels aren't allowed to beat faces clean, then they're now cheating against guys that were just in the midcard. The cheating and inability to beat the main event guys clean is understandable at the beginning of their push, as they're young guys that are learning at a very high level. Eventually, they have to be able to compete legitimately - Sheamus not beating someone legitimately over 2 years is a gigantic problem.

also Why the fuck aren't the faces getting main event pushes?]
Cena, Edge and Orton are over with the crowd, so it's a lot easier to push young main event heels by pairing them with those three. Once those heels are established, then I think we'll see the Youth Movement shift almost entirely to faces because there are more wrestlers to put them in feuds with.

·
My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,111 Posts

The biggest flaw with the product is simply too many hours of new television. It forces everything to be condensed by which I mean title reigns, feuds, and storylines are on a short timescale. This causes frequent repeats of the same feuds/stories. It also makes the championships seem like hot potatoes, hurting their credibility.

It's a problem that won't change, and I'm not even sure I want it to...I enjoy watching every week.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,339 Posts

They don't really have a youth movement as much as they have a Heel movement. All the young guys are heels, even the ones getting championships and other pushes like heading up stables and winning prominent matches like Money In The Bank and Royal Rumble.

McIntyre, The Miz, Rhodes, DiBiase Jr., Ziggler, Sheamus, Barrett, everybody in Nexus and Corre (these by default make most NXT people and new guys heels), Mason Ryan, Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, they are all heels.

Where are the younger faces? Especially when soooo many top faces like Rey Mysterio and The Undertaker look to be retiring within the next few years.

·
My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,111 Posts

They don't really have a youth movement as much as they have a Heel movement. All the young guys are heels, even the ones getting championships and other pushes like heading up stables and winning prominent matches like Money In The Bank and Royal Rumble.

McIntyre, The Miz, Rhodes, DiBiase Jr., Ziggler, Sheamus, Barrett, everybody in Nexus and Corre (these by default make most NXT people and new guys heels), Mason Ryan, Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, they are all heels.

Where are the younger faces? Especially when soooo many top faces like Rey Mysterio and The Undertaker look to be retiring within the next few years.
It's very difficult to debut as a face, which is why most guys start as heels.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts

Like I've said before, my theory of why heels dominate the company so much is because WWE doesn't know how to create unique face characters. Every face has the typical, smiling, generic, happy go lucky demeanor, except for the established faces like Orton or Edge who are allowed to go outside the box and do their own thing. Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison...they really all have the same characters. The heels are allowed to carve their own niche out. Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, CM Punk, Wade Barrett and Sheamus are all totally different characters with different attitudes, different motivations, different ways of dealing with a rival, etc. As a result, they stand out, they make their own mark and the WWE gives them a push. The faces can't do that because they're so constricted.

·
I like me
407 Posts
I think a lot of it is to do with WWE's fanbase and the reluctance of average joe not embracing the new. Half of WWE's fanbase are kids who ONLY want to see Cena/Orton/Big Show/Edge/Undertaker/Rey Mysterio/Triple H kill everyone they see, and if they don't, then they lose interest. WWE booking can be good whilst PG, but the problem is they need to keep their main fanbase happy and they directly conflicts with what the older viewer wants to see in terms of compelling storylines.

People have already covered the fact that it isn't so much these new guys aren't going over because they are young, it's because they are heels, and heels RARELY win cleanly - so I won't go into that. It's easier for them to push new guys as heels only because they can be seen on a big level. It takes longer for someone to get over as a face than as a heel, because it's easier for the fanbase to boo someone than cheer - in short it is easier to be indifferent and boo than it is to get genuinely excited over someone you aren't familiar with.

The best way WWE could approach this is to get them over as heels, and therefore known to the crowd, and THEN turn them face. I think this is what they are going to do with Drew McIntyre. Whether he can be an interesting face, I seriously doubt.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
There is a flaw with the youth movement right now, and the OP pretty much highlighted it.

The WWE seem intent upon brining up heels to the main event, and not faces. The faces they do have in the main event...are almost too big to go over for the new heels. We have a variety of indestructable faces who have been around for ages. Guys like Triple H, John Cena, Randy Orton, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Big Show etc. The top faces are too big for the upcoming heels to go over in my opinion. At least not over in a way to make them look credible.

I want them to build some more vunerable faces, some guys who could concievably be beat but not lose much in the process. Basically a face who gives the impression that the heel has some kind of chance to win the match cleanly. Generally heels don't win clean anyways, but with these big faces in the way, there isn't really the slightest chance it could happen. I think guys like Morrison and Kofi could fill that gap (not that I like Kofi) because they seem like a different kind of face, they are smaller, more vunerable and could realisticly lose to heels.

I have no idea why they seem incapeable of pushing young faces either. In fact I'm more than shocked at how well they have handled Morrison's push so far, and he could be the first face since Jeff Hardy to break out into the main event as a new main eventer. It's very odd, they have opportunities (like they did with Kofi in 09) and drop the ball continuously. Yet they will just push a new heel to the moon as soon as they get on TV (Del Rio/Sheamus/Barrett) Why can't they take the same chances with a face? They just don't get the opportunity to make in impact like that because they aren't willing to pull the trigger on certain guys.

Reactions: Mr. 305 Blaze

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Heels are heels, they don't win clean because they get heat by winning unfairly, this is like wrestling 101 people.

Only upcoming faces would get clean wins and WWE doesn't like pushing them.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
WWE is downright awesome compared to it's main competition TNA. Yes, WWE has flaws but they are moving in the right direction. I agree with you for the most part though as guys like Daniel Bryan and Sheamus are being used ridiculously.

·
Registered
534 Posts
So the Youth movement is in full flow

Their building up their young talent, some are already being pushed into the main event

and yet none of them are booked to win the matches with the big boys

Sheamus
Swagger
Miz ,they all win their titles, get allot of hype then ...nothing, they end up winning every fucking Main Event match by DQ

How Can the WWE think that that's gonna help these guys carry the company?

WTF!

[also Why the fuck aren't the faces getting main event pushes?]
Becuase the fuckers at the top dont want to leave their positions. John Cena is the new Hulk Hogan of the WWE.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts