Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is a movie based on the life of a wrestler, which wrestler/legend do you want to get featured in the movie? And which actor should portray him/her?

I'd love to see a movie about Chris Jericho's journey to become and as a wrestler, i don't know if Jericho already has an autobiography, if he does it would be great if the movie is based on it. I think Heath Ledger will make a great cast as Jericho in his early days, it's a shame he's passed away.

How about you guys?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Ric Flair hands down :)

i'm not sure who i'd get.. no one really grabs me as a Ric Flair look alike..

·
Registered
850 Posts
Mmmmm HBK yes!

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
The Bret Hart story would be riveting stuff;
Growing up in the Hart house
Working Calgary for his Dad
His father's company going out of business numerous times
Marriage #1
Rise to fame in WWF
Becoming World champ
Montreal Screwjob/fallout with Vince & HBK
Brother's Death
Career ending injury
The stroke
Marriage #2
Return to WWE/redemption
Marriage #3
...happily ever after

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mick Foley talked about trying to turn Have A Nice Day into a screenplay and failing. I'd like to see him work with a Hollywood writer to get it done. I'd be there opening day.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Kurt Angle was the first that came into my mind. From High school, to the olyimpics, to WWE. To TNA
eddie Guerrero as well. Would be a tear jerker though at the end. R.I.P Eddie!
Shawn Michaels. Could be an epic!

Some others-
Matt Hardy: Nutty Professor II: The Klumps. A remake of the Eddie Murphy film
Darren Young & John Cena: A remake of the Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Divito's hit movie.
Christian: My road to glory.....almost
Stephanie McMahon: Stephanie does WWE (a rip off of Debbie does Dallas)
Kelly Kelly: Emanuele in the WWE (Barbie Blank is cast as the new Emanuele after her experience gained from going through the entire locker room)

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
As just1998 said, Hart would be a great choice.

But damn, it would be a film for Americans, and we all know how much they love the "miscarried guy with all the potential in the world, who's taking drugs and acting like and asshole turns into the born-again christian, family lover and respected professional after a back injury" story. Yeah, HBK.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Bret would be a great one but I think HBKs might be better. The main focus would be the early 2000s when he turned his life around

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,025 Posts
I believe the movie, The Wrestler was based on Ric Flair's character. But if they were to really make a movie on a wrestler's life, then proberly Ric Flair

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Flair had a pretty interesting career if i do say so myself. As a child he was abandoned, he was then adopted, and then learned to be a wrestler, then broke his back in a plane crash, then became better than ever, then got hit by lightening, won the world title, started wheelin and dealin and kiss stealin', became number 1 in the world, went to WWF, was humiliated in WCW by Hogan, career slowly went to hell, was bought in by Triple H and had his career rejuvenated. It all culminated in Wrestlemania 24 when he retired against Shawn Michaels. (fuck his TNA career)

Honestly, what a story. Someone needs to make a fucking movie about this SOB. WOOOOOOO!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Bret's story would make a damn good trilogy IMO (Kinda like Goal! but with all of the movies having a proper storyline)

If it was just a one off movie then I'd say someone like Edge. It's been well publicised that he was a massive fan of wrestling when he was young, and went to a few events. I think I remember hearing something about him getting voted Most Likely to win the WWF title. I'm not sure how true that is but it'd be pretty cool as part of a film.

Mick Foley's life would probably be decent too... But I'm not sure if they'd want to inspire people to jump off roofs in order to be noticed :)

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Honestly, almost every great star had a big story behind him.

Shawn's boyhood dream fulfillment, self destruction due to drugs, and his later redemption.

Bret's rise to glory, and yet all the roadblocks in his way and followed by a crushing end to his career. Then, his return and making up for lost time.

Austin. Starting out in texas, impressing everyone in WCW, his firing from WCW, his incredible rise to being the greatest wrestler of all time and defeating the company that humiliated him

Jericho. Foley. Edge. Batista. Sting. Jake the Snake Roberts. Randy Savage. Mysterio. Hogan. Eddie. Vince. Every one of them could make a movie work

Lets face it, this a fucking interesting business.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I believe the movie, The Wrestler was based on Ric Flair's character. But if they were to really make a movie on a wrestler's life, then proberly Ric Flair
i thought it was based on Billy Graham?

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have genuinely benn thinking about this since I posted earlier and I think a general Wrestling film would be epic.

A movie which looks at the WWE as a whole say from the late 90s. I.E the war, the screw job, the death of WCW & ECW, WWE's firm hold over the buisness. throw in the relationships between Bret, HBK, Vince, Taker, Triple H etc. The arrogance of Vince and Shawn at the time. It could be a great film! In ring action, behind the scenes. etc.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have genuinely benn thinking about this since I posted earlier and I think a general Wrestling film would be epic.

A movie which looks at the WWE as a whole say from the late 90s. I.E the war, the screw job, the death of WCW & ECW, WWE's firm hold over the buisness. throw in the relationships between Bret, HBK, Vince, Taker, Triple H etc. The arrogance of Vince and Shawn at the time. It could be a great film! In ring action, behind the scenes. etc.

this inspired me!!!!

The Kliq!

:)

a movie based around HHH, HBK, Hall, Nash & Waltman

and their trials and tribulations through the Monday Night Wars including the MSG Incident :)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts