Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only watched the "new" ECW sporadically, and when Heyman showed up in an episode of Botchamania, a few questions sprang to mind that I hope someone can answer:

1. What exactly was Heyman's role on ECW? Was he the General Manager? And how did he get ANY power after he was so instrumental in fighting AGAINST WWE during the Invasion angle?

2. Who played the security guards in the riot gear? Were they ever in matches? And were their identities ever revealed in the storyline?

3. Kayfabe, what happened that made Heyman leave ECW? Who replaced him?

Thanks for any answers you can provide.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
1. He dubbed himself the 'messiah of ECW' but officially he had the title of ECW 'Representative' to Vince McMahon, don't know what the hell that means but he's your basic authority figure.

How did he get any power after he was so instrumental in fighting AGAINST WWE? Well I have no fucking idea, he was also the Smackdown GM in 2003/04. Oh and then there's Eric Bischoff, who almost put the WWE out of business but he became the Raw GM too didn't he?

2. The guys in riot gear were the Basham Brothers, and I think they wrestled quite a few times on ECW.

3. After Heyman's departure, Vince moved to ECW and proceeded to make Lashley's life a 'living hell', with him came Umaga and his handler Armando Alejandro Estrada. So far a time, Vince was the one calling the shots on ECW, and when his program with Lashley concluded, AAE stuck around and became the ECW GM because Vince 'died'.

Oh and then AAE got fired after jobbing to a jobber named Colin Delaney, and then Teddy Long got sent to ECW to replace AAE and then Good Ol' Teddy hired an assistant named Tiffany who eventually replaced him as the brand's GM in 2009.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
1. General hanger-on/stooge to Stephanie. Returned as a wrestlers agent, which still doesn't make any sense. But hey, that's WWE for you!

2. Basham Brothers I think.

3. Was never fully explained. Heyman quit, which meant in kayfabe McMahon fired him ofscreen.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
3. After Heyman's departure, Vince moved to ECW and proceeded to make Lashley's life a 'living hell', with him came Umaga and his handler Armando Alejandro Estrada. So far a time, Vince was the one calling the shots on ECW, and when his program with Lashley concluded, AAE stuck around and became the ECW GM because Vince 'died'.

Oh and then AAE got fired after jobbing to a jobber named Colin Delaney, and then Teddy Long got sent to ECW to replace AAE and then Good Ol' Teddy hired an assistant named Tiffany who eventually replaced him as the brand's GM in 2009.
The real question is why did Vince McMahon bring back ECW and then fire all the originals? I get it that the first One Night Stand was special and it worked really well but ECW being brought back was easily one of the dumbest things Vince McMahon has ever went through with. From the public wanting the old ECW back and even the most casual fan seeing through it to Vince becoming the ECW champion and pissing so many people off. To just the fact that ECW had been dead and there was already this thing called XPW and already the future "hardcore" wrestlers in a place known as CZW.

As far as this answer here goes I think Vince felt too proud to let ECW just die after Heyman left. He felt like it was his own creation and because he owned it and could keep it on Sci Fi as long as he wanted, rather than letting it die and putting something different on the network he became the champion and disgraced ECW's name even more than December To Dismember ever could do.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information, guys.
The real question is why did Vince McMahon bring back ECW and then fire all the originals?
Maybe WWE thought it would lend ECW credibility and legitimacy to have some originals around, only for someone to realize that everyone not named Stevie Richards or Rob Van Dam was way over the hill and could no longer go?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts