Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really confident TNA wouldn't let us down with this PPV, I had hope, I told myself, there's no way they could possibly do worse than they've been doing lately.

Oh boy, was I wrong...

The night was off to a horrible start with Robbie E going over Jay Lethal for the title, they put the title on someone with no charisma at all, none, I'd go out and say I'd rather listen to poetry coming from the monotoned Drew McIntyre.

To avoid being biased, I decided I would look at a few of his matches from when he worked the independents, and I'm not impressed at all, his ring work seemed sloppy, as it still does, it's almost as if he hasn't improved at all, a neckbreaker for a finisher sure doesn't help any either.

Sure, The Miz had a neckbreaker as his finisher for a while, but at least he kneed them in the face, Robbie E's finisher is just your average everyday neckbreaker.

The Mickie/Tara match was one of the better matches of the night, it could of went without the double DQ finish, but it's nice to see TNA actually building up to a match for once, I just hope they don't drop the ball on this one, it's sad to say this match got some of the best pops during the night.

I'm normally fond of MCMG, but their neckbreaker/crossbody is getting boring after seeing it a good 30 times during a single match, Bubba's chops were pretty damn loud also.

Abyss/Pope, typical Vince Russo for you, when will he learn you can't build an entire company on swerves alone, I get the point of making Immortal seem dominant, but what the hell are they going to do next week, have a gang-inspired free-for-all?

Oh wait, that's already happened, MEM/World Elite anybody?

Jeff Jarrett looks surprisingly good considering he drove to work on the back of a Brontosaur, but he shouldn't of went over Joe here, Immortal was already dominating the night, there would of been no steam lost in letting Jarrett lose to Joe, hell, the storyline might of BENEFITED from having Joe win. The choke Jarrett won with didn't even look convincing, to be quite honest, it looked like he something you'd see in an Orlando Jordan match.

Hardy/Morgan, this was the last chance TNA had to save the ship, and needless to say, they opened the floodgates and let the ship sink quickly to the bottom of the ocean, I bet Hogan remember's being on the Titanic, quite a bit of nostalgia.

Once again, Immortal was already dominant, this is the ONE match of the night that shouldn't of had a clean finish, Morgan should of dominated Hardy the match, and Hardy should of gotten himself disqualified, to build Morgan up like they've been doing, only to have him buried by Hardy is quite pointless, I know some of you will say, "Oh, Hardy hit Morgan with 3 Twist of Fates, Morgan was done.", even so, it's Jeff Hardy, the same Jeff Hardy who is only 33, yet looks in his 40s, the same Jeff Hardy who's ring work is deteriorating quickly, the same Jeff Hardy who injects more Coke than polar bears in Antarctica.

I know some of you will say it's not a Twist of Fate anymore, I'm sorry, I can't say Twist of Hate with a straight face, I'm sorry, it reminds me of my 13 year old neighbor, the same neighbor who decided to start a band after listening to the latest My Chemical Romance album.

The match is over and we can all breathe a sigh of relief, we managed to make it through a TNA PPV without strangling ourselves, wait, Immortal and Fortune are waddling their ways to the ring, with Champaign?

You know, I've always been under the presumption that showering a drug/alcohol addict with drugs/alcohol isn't the way to recovery, I may be wrong though, I managed to pull myself through the PPV without murdering any children, and what do I see?

Confetti.

Red and Yellow confetti.

Truck loads of Red and Yellow confetti.

Red and Yellow confetti, everywhere, I know for DAMN sure the confetti store had other colors than red and yellow, I seen a few other colors in the mix, but the majority of it was red and yellow.

I had hope for TNA before tonight, they have a roster with great talent, it's a shame the real talent is being buried, and I mean literally, did you see how far Flair's skin stretches?

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
It was like a remixed Victory Road 2009 but a lot worse. Oh and the red and yellow confetti is part of the whole Hogan jizz fest experience.

Welcome to the boards btw.

·
8,232 Posts
Put this in Turning Point Official Discussion thread. You're thoughts are no more important than others.

Oh, and TL;DR.

·
Banned
82 Posts
I gotta Agree with the Hardy/Morgan Match. The Outcome was stupid. You Build Morgan up as a monster n have him lose. I would have been happy with a run in or a dq. A DQ would have been better where Morgan lost his Kewl in the match. Could have built morgan up more as a loose Cannon. But to have him lose after three twist of Hate. Dumb... Tonight they had all the chance to Make Morgan one of the top guys n they blew it.. Sad very sad

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
There's a Turning Point Discussion thread for a reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.