Wrestling Forum banner

A double turn?

2119 Views 11 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Terry Gyimah
In some ways it may not seem like the sensible thing to do, but we need some new topics here that haven't been recycled like a lot I've seen recently. I haven't watched RAW properly in a while but I'm going to assume Rock is the special guest referee or will be involved with the Cena/Miz match. If so, how do you think a double turn would be, with Cena turning heel and Miz turning face through some altercation with Rock? Reading some of the recent talk of when a Miz face-turn should be, it made me wonder.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
420 Posts
I think in order for this to occur, there would have to be more indicators of Cena acting heel-ish and Miz acting face-ish. I think it has gotten too close to WM to develop this angle. If they were going to turn Miz at WM, they should have made him do some small things to step up to the big turn. It would have been perfect to start it at EC after his match with Lawler, if Miz would have just nodded respectfully at the end of the match, no handshake or anything, just a nod. Then in the weeks before WM have him do other things of that nature while still being heel for the most part to prepare for the turn.

I'm so sick of Cena, I wouldn't care if he turns or not.

· Premium Member
83,359 Posts
Miz is doing a great job as a heel. Good heels are hard to come by... so why would you want to throw that away for a silly face turn?

Why would someone want to cheer for the Miz when it's so much fun to hate the guy? That doesn't make sense. And it seems like this happens with every good heel that's created... TURN HIM FACE!!!!

· Registered
84 Posts
In some ways it may not seem like the sensible thing to do, but we need some new topics here that haven't been recycled like a lot I've seen recently. I haven't watched RAW properly in a while but I'm going to assume Rock is the special guest referee or will be involved with the Cena/Miz match. If so, how do you think a double turn would be, with Cena turning heel and Miz turning face through some altercation with Rock? Reading some of the recent talk of when a Miz face-turn should be, it made me wonder.
I think in order for this to occur, there would have to be more indicators of Cena acting heel-ish and Miz acting face-ish. I think it has gotten too close to WM to develop this angle. If they were going to turn Miz at WM, they should have made him do some small things to step up to the big turn. It would have been perfect to start it at EC after his match with Lawler, if Miz would have just nodded respectfully at the end of the match, no handshake or anything, just a nod. Then in the weeks before WM have him do other things of that nature while still being heel for the most part to prepare for the turn.

I'm so sick of Cena, I wouldn't care if he turns or not.
I agree with both posts. If Cena turns heel, i don't know, maybe i'll start liking him.
When it comes to Miz i think if he turns face, he's going to be one of the very few faces i actually like watching (or to make this better, listening to).

· Registered
890 Posts
All the people thinking Cena will ever turn heel need to look at the crowd at Raw, multiply every purple T shirt/cap by 20 dollars and then wonder why Cena isn't heel...it'll take about 5 seconds.

You people need to watch WWE as a WWE fan, not a pro rasslin' fan. Never gonna happen.

· Registered
2,362 Posts
All the people thinking Hogan will ever turn heel need to look at the crowd at Raw, multiply every yellow T shirt/cap by 20 dollars and then wonder why Hogsn isn't heel...it'll take about 5 seconds.

You people need to watch WWE as a WWE fan, not a pro rasslin' fan. Never gonna happen.
This is how your post would look if timewarped back to this time in 1996. Despite this, I agree with you. Until the WWE manages to build up or hire a suitable heel, Cena isnt going anywhere.

· The One Who Knocks
5,640 Posts
I've thought of this as well. It is fairly logical. Cena already has half the crowd against him, and though Miz isn't babyface-ish in any tangible way, his very real backstory is about as babyface as it gets.

It makes me think back to the last major double turn at Survivor Series '98, when Rock went heel and Foley went face. Rock was a face with basically 100% fan support and the crowd didn't seem to have much sympathy for Foley, but that nevertheless worked pretty much instantly. Granted, crowds don't have a shot glass of the heat they did in '98, but it still sets a precedent that it's not impossible. It's a fairly similar situation.

· Registered
2,362 Posts
The difference is that Rock was a heel that had somehow become a face because the crowds loved him so much, and also because of his mic work. Cena is a face that would bomb as a heel because he is number one by default.

Its a shame though, because he would be an excellent heel.

· Registered
255 Posts
Sure it needs to have had a better build, but with the Rock and as the main event of Wrestlemania, they could pull it off in one-shot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.