Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Stop saying "We're so close to being number 1". Stop with that. It just gives new people that may not even watch WWE realise there's a bigger and better product available. It's like admitting you're not the best. Ratings, while they are available, aren't important to most people that aren't the IWC and workers. Most people just want a good product. Plain and simple. Stop admitting your second. At the same time don't then go on to say "TNA is the place to be". Let the fans say that and stop force feeding them things. Got that point across, and now for the second.

2. Stop saying "Our time is gone, it's time for the young guys". That alone says "Wrestling is fake, we need to step out of the lime light because these young guys obviously can't beat us out of our spot". Stop talking about putting guys over. Let the young guys just be characters instead of permanently bunching them into a category. We have Hogan co-signing EV 2.0 and Dixie co-signing them, but Nash can't say if the young guys want his spot, they'll have to do it themselves? (Note: I agree with what Nash says in a kayfabe kinda way). If there's one thing TNA does well it's contradict themselves within a series of shows. We have guys that makes matches in the back (they've been refrenced..hell, we know it's Bischoff and Hogan to us fans) so instead of talking about how they need to put young guys over, why not give them the spotlight to do it themselves? Let them do what they do and wrestle.

There's plenty of faults, and I know alot of you may think this is me complaining, but it's just something that's been somewhat irking me.

That and it's so good to be baaaaaack! But yeah, this is just how I feel about everything right now.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
They should stop fucking up.

By which i mean, they should stop paying Russo money and stop making shows based on the garbage he's writing.

Try a new booker, I mean surely there is someone in the world who can book a wrestling show. And its not really hard to outdo Russo.

They should also tell Hogan, Bischoff and those ECW guys to go fuck themselves and retire already.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not gonna get on the whole "firing" thing, because I'm kinda passed that now.

I also don't agree with TNA's 3 hour block as I think it's a bit of an overkill, but then again it could be just me.

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
They don't say "We are close to being number one", It's "we are the number one company"...lol

They should stop fucking up.

By which i mean, they should stop paying Russo money and stop making shows based on the garbage he's writing.

Try a new booker, I mean surely there is someone in the world who can book a wrestling show. And its not really hard to outdo Russo.

They should also tell Hogan, Bischoff and those ECW guys to go fuck themselves and retire already.
How about read a book on business. Knowledge is key.

·
Registered
709 Posts
There is something I wonder about: Sometimes TNA does things that are just so stupid, and we in the IWC can all see it no matter what our bias is, yet they continue to do them. Are there things we don't see?

The three hour block for example. STUPID. Why the FUCK do we want a recap of the show WE JUST WATCHED? Sure it has some new content, but imagine if that was on Monday night? You can't blame this on Russo. Maybe the circumstance was that Spike wouldn't give them anything else.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
They don't say "We are close to being number one", It's "we are the number one company"...lol
Yeah, sometimes they'll say We are the number 1, and then other times they'll say "We're so close to being at the top". That and the constant ratings talk. They'll say they're number one when talking about guys they've brought in, but then someone will ALWAYS contradict it by saying they're at the cusp of being at the top.

I like the idea of Reaction, and instead of being after Impact maybe (as Will of Fanoff's RBR Wrestling said) they should put it on before it. By that I mean a recap of the weeks show that came last week. Those that wanna get hyped for Impact or are willing to sit through a 3 hour block can while knowwing they're gonna get new material after and you've reminded the fans of what has happened before so everything is still somewhat fresh

·
Registered
549 Posts
Lol #1 is too true, as soon as Hulk eases off with the "raising the bar" and "about to turn the corner" nonsense, Big Kev of all people brings it back. Who are they trying to convince?

·
Registered
835 Posts
The writers get too much blame, its easy for us to be on the outside and say 'why arnt they doing this'? Fact of the matter is that we are not in their position dealing with 30-40 personalities at a time (which can affect certain decisions) especially when there is no proper hierarchy in the company, while trying to come up with something different for 2-3 hours of television every week as well as PPVs.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TNA is the number 1 wrestling company in the world (mainstream of course ;) ).

The WWE are not a wrestling organisation.
Lol, not even. TNA is pretty much like WWE at this stage as much as they don't wanna believe it (in terms of being sports entertainment over wrestling).

The writers get too much blame, its easy for us to be on the outside and say 'why arnt they doing this'? Fact of the matter is that we are not in their position dealing with 30-40 personalities at a time (which can affect certain decisions) especially when there is no proper hierarchy in the company, while trying to come up with something different for 2-3 hours of television every week as well as PPVs.
If it's easy for us to realise these things, why aren't the people paid to do these things (some doing this for over a decade) alot more observant? It doesn't take a genius to do something that makes sense. I don't mean the occasional slip up or plot hole, but come on. If your fans can spot it there's no reason why someone qualified to do their job (something the IWC love to end up doing anyway) can't.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Lol, not even. TNA is pretty much like WWE at this stage as much as they don't wanna believe it (in terms of being sports entertainment over wrestling).

If it's easy for us to realise these things, why aren't the people paid to do these things (some doing this for over a decade) alot more observant? It doesn't take a genius to do something that makes sense. I don't mean the occasional slip up or plot hole, but come on. If your fans can spot it there's no reason why someone qualified to do their job (something the IWC love to end up doing anyway) can't.

It doesnt matter how observant you are, you are still dealing with the likes of Hogan, Bischoff, Kurt Angle, Dixie. They are bound to have requests that must be followed through. Additionally, its not solely the writers that pitch ideas, talent does as well...so you cant stick a bad idea on 1 person all the time.
Your points still dont back up to the fact that we lead an easy life critising the people in charge when we have nothing to do with them or their demands or personalities. You know these people have lives outside of wrestling to fulfill as well? We can construct what we think is a decent 2 hour show but we have bugger all to do!

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't stick it on one person. I mean, there's no real reasn in ever saying you're the number 1 in the world, especially if you're not. If you're number 1 (which there's clearly a number one) you run with that. Being the alternative also works as you're giving someone reasonn to wanna check out your product. If your product is a B version of the number 1 promotion, to a new viewer, there's no point in ever checking it.

Yeah, we lead an easy life, or at least some of us do. We as fans have the right to voice our opinion on the current product. How is me praising them for doing something well (which I have done) any different to me voicing my opinion on the negative? If I was to praise them you wouldn't state how hard it is for them, but because I have for some reason you feel the need to defend them. I'm sure there's plenty of people on here that do work and all that, and while they may not be the best bookers, overall the IWC do have their right to voice their opinion and more times than none, it's alot more logical then what does actually happen at TNA.

It's not hard to simply not contradict yourself on TV. Same show Hogan talks about putting young guys over and not long before that AJ states TNA i the house he built, and in a heelish moment Dixie replies "Well I own it". What message does that send? To me it says Dixie and Hogan have different agendas. Hogan, who's usually in the spotlight, wants to put young guys over while Dixie wants to keep them all on screen offering guys who have been contracts.

Edit: WWE are professional wrestling, despite what Vince says. If wrestling happens on the show..if those guys are wearing wrestlers "uniforms"..if it's filmed like a wrestling show, it's wrestling. What is WWE? A soap opera as Linda likes to think it is? I don't remember the last soap opera with commentators, in ring matches, fans that voice their opinion and different arenas each week. It's professional wrestling.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think the OP has a very good point. Alot of what turns me off to TNA is 30 minutes of every show is wrestlers talking about TNA like its some kinda kiss my ass club. Why cant they just perform and let their fans dictate what TNA is all about?

·
Registered
835 Posts
I didn't stick it on one person. I mean, there's no real reasn in ever saying you're the number 1 in the world, especially if you're not. If you're number 1 (which there's clearly a number one) you run with that. Being the alternative also works as you're giving someone reasonn to wanna check out your product. If your product is a B version of the number 1 promotion, to a new viewer, there's no point in ever checking it.

Yeah, we lead an easy life, or at least some of us do. We as fans have the right to voice our opinion on the current product. How is me praising them for doing something well (which I have done) any different to me voicing my opinion on the negative? If I was to praise them you wouldn't state how hard it is for them, but because I have for some reason you feel the need to defend them. I'm sure there's plenty of people on here that do work and all that, and while they may not be the best bookers, overall the IWC do have their right to voice their opinion and more times than none, it's alot more logical then what does actually happen at TNA.

It's not hard to simply not contradict yourself on TV. Same show Hogan talks about putting young guys over and not long before that AJ states TNA i the house he built, and in a heelish moment Dixie replies "Well I own it". What message does that send? To me it says Dixie and Hogan have different agendas. Hogan, who's usually in the spotlight, wants to put young guys over while Dixie wants to keep them all on screen offering guys who have been contracts.

Edit: WWE are professional wrestling, despite what Vince says. If wrestling happens on the show..if those guys are wearing wrestlers "uniforms"..if it's filmed like a wrestling show, it's wrestling. What is WWE? A soap opera as Linda likes to think it is? I don't remember the last soap opera with commentators, in ring matches, fans that voice their opinion and different arenas each week. It's professional wrestling.

I concur!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts