Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there were a few moments last night that actually got me laughing.

-jeff jarrets MMA video: i don't know about you guys but i almost fell out of my chair when he started making the kids tap. when the kid said "kurt ankle" i thought it was funny but then he put the ankle lock on the kid! lmao!

-hardy at dinner: i don't know who said it but i had to rewind it 3 times to make sure i heard it right, when hardy walked in someone burned him with "oh so we got a hooker after all"

-the survivor series main event: this one didn't make me laugh out loud but i laughed on the inside, thanksgiving night and we get a 4 on 4 elimination match? zing!

so did anyone else find this stuff funny or do i need to stop smoking pot during impact?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Jarrett's MMA video was hilarious.
Do you ever think that those videos are so funny that they slightly poke fun at MMA....Kurt Angle used it but Ken Shamrock made it famous..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Okay , the Jeff Jarrett / MMA video didn't make me laugh one bit .... I thought it was a waste of TV Time , really looking forward to see the ratings for last night's show.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
You mentioned smoking pot. TNA is by far the best stoner wrestling show today, only AA could compete to current TNA stoner-experience wise but even WWF 1997-1998 have a run for their money against TNA as far as weed appeal goes. No matter how bad TNA might seem to a sober guy, when you smoked a bowl or joint iMPACT becomes a whole new experience. Never heard a stoned guy prefer WWE, ROH or any other indy company to TNA ever.

·
8,232 Posts
I must go rewatch because I missed that Hardy/Hooker comment. I would've DIED laughing. For some reason I'm thinking Robert Rhoode would say that.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
I've been digging the Jarrett/MMA angle. It's an old-school heat attracting bit in play. And I like that. People say it's boring and eating up TV time, but it's building heat. That's a positive, whether you see it or not.

I'd rather see more Jarrett MMA segments than another meaningless ladder, coffin, or cage match. Sorry, kids.

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,631 Posts
Lol "what a wimp you are!" That was awesome. And also what Jeff said at the dinner was great too, I cant remember all of it though but it was awesome.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I've been digging the Jarrett/MMA angle. It's an old-school heat attracting bit in play. And I like that. People say it's boring and eating up TV time, but it's building heat. That's a positive, whether you see it or not.

I'd rather see more Jarrett MMA segments than another meaningless ladder, coffin, or cage match. Sorry, kids.
Agreed although I haven't seen this week's Impact yet so I may yet change my mind. As I stated in an earlier thread though, this gimmick needs to end in a crushing defeat at the hands of Joe, if they have Jarrett go over using these tactics it'll enter wrestlecrap territory faster than Abyss and his 'Monster Of The Ring' gimmick. I wouldn't be entirely against a continuation of the feud after Jarrett gets his ass handed to him though, just one more match with Double J reverting to his normal tactics and getting closer to a win but still tapping in the end.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Agreed although I haven't seen this week's Impact yet so I may yet change my mind. As I stated in an earlier thread though, this gimmick needs to end in a crushing defeat at the hands of Joe, if they have Jarrett go over using these tactics it'll enter wrestlecrap territory faster than Abyss and his 'Monster Of The Ring' gimmick. I wouldn't be entirely against a continuation of the feud after Jarrett gets his ass handed to him though, just one more match with Double J reverting to his normal tactics and getting closer to a win but still tapping in the end.
Yes, I fully agree, Jeff Jarrett is no suited to even compete against Joe but as long as he goes off iMPACT i'm all happy. I honestly don't see why people even want him in the ring nowadays. Yes, he's ok, but he's no Triple H or Undertaker, old guys people still wanna see. He's just a veteran that's just...there.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
MMA Jarrett is hilarious.

Storm was on fire last night. :lmao

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Yes, I fully agree, Jeff Jarrett is no suited to even compete against Joe but as long as he goes off iMPACT i'm all happy. I honestly don't see why people even want him in the ring nowadays. Yes, he's ok, but he's no Triple H or Undertaker, old guys people still wanna see. He's just a veteran that's just...there.
Sorry bro, but speak for yourself. I like Jarret and consider him equal to or even better than old Trips/Taker. He's not just "there". Tna without Jarret is just missing something.

As to the episode itself. It was total crap. I was bored and barely watched. We got 30 minutes of crap ( Bishoff/Morgan promos ) until the first match, and so many backstage Immortal skits I lost interest quickly. I'm actually noticing a pattern of 30 minutes promos before the first match each week. Thats too much. I want to see wrestling.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Aren't you guys forgetting Jeff Jarretts completely hilarous burial of Joe during that thanksgiving dinner?

"before I show the Video Eric, I wanna personaly thank you, that's for not inviting Samoa Joe because there wouldn't be any food left". :lmao :lmao :lmao

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Sorry bro, but speak for yourself. I like Jarret and consider him equal to or even better than old Trips/Taker. He's not just "there". Tna without Jarret is just missing something.

As to the episode itself. It was total crap. I was bored and barely watched. We got 30 minutes of crap ( Bishoff/Morgan promos ) until the first match, and so many backstage Immortal skits I lost interest quickly. I'm actually noticing a pattern of 30 minutes promos before the first match each week. Thats too much. I want to see wrestling.
I'm always speaking for myself, my taste is generally off the general wrestling viewer. I just don't see any qualities in Jeff Jarrett. Everything he can do, every veteran and a lot of young guys can do better.

The episode was fine because of the Kaz, Morgan and Doug Williams promos, all three in fact showed that they can promo much better than Double JJ. I didn't really watch TNA for two weeks and almost totally forget the talent pool they have, but the promos they showed proved why TNA is the most misused promotion there is. All of those guys would be WWE champions by now if they never went to TNA. Miz could never attack wrestlers aswell as Williams, he would go for cheap heat attacking football teams only americans know about instead.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I'm always speaking for myself, my taste is generally off the general wrestling viewer. I just don't see any qualities in Jeff Jarrett. Everything he can do, every veteran and a lot of young guys can do better.

The episode was fine because of the Kaz, Morgan and Doug Williams promos, all three in fact showed that they can promo much better than Double JJ. I didn't really watch TNA for two weeks and almost totally forget the talent pool they have, but the promos they showed proved why TNA is the most misused promotion there is. All of those guys would be WWE champions by now if they never went to TNA. Miz could never attack wrestlers aswell as Williams, he would go for cheap heat attacking football teams only americans know about instead.
Well your obviously quite stupid or don't know anything about wrestling then. Maybe you have the same tasts as people who watch WWE, but you obviously don't have the same tastes as the 1 million+ viewers that watch Impact every week.

To say that your taste is the same as all wrestling viewers is retarded.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts