Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that MVP has been released, SD's midcard is seriously unbalanced in its heel/face ratio. Given that, does anyone think Masters, one of the few undercard faces remaining on SD, will finally receive a push? Perhaps even an IC Title feud?

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Yeah, Masters, Kaval and Barreta are all due for pushes of one kind or another. Hawkins and Reks can help fill out the heel side of the equation just underneath Ziggler, too.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
i really feel that the wwe wants to pushed masters, hell they wanted to push him all the way back when he debut but with his 2 strikes, they're scared and rightfully so. it'd be a disaster if he's the IC champ and then violates the drug policy and gets his third strike. not only would the storyline be a mess but the wwe will also get put back in the dark light that they've been trying so hard to get out of since the benoit incident.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,567 Posts
There's no doubt in my mind that Masters should be next in line for a shot at Ziggler's IC Championship. Kaval should lay low after a losing effort at TLC (in a Ladder Match no less) and leave Masters the ground for the next two months... maybe even mixing it up with JTG for Ziggler would be a good thing.

I wouldn't let Masters win the title though... his style works much better as a heel in my mind.

And, since we're on the subject of open roster spots... why not bring Percy Watson to SmackDown! to fill in that midcard?!

OH YEAH!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
The irony being that when Masters was being pushed back in the day, he was pretty average.

Now he's stepped up his game, is good in the ring, and he's a great talent.

He's fucked.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
i agree with the fact they are scared because of the third strike rule . he needs his old theme back , build up credibility , i like the master lock but i would like a ko finisher .

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Yeah Masters should get a push, maybe he should do Masterlock challenge again every now and then, that's the only way he could gain some credibility without pinning someone.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i really feel that the wwe wants to pushed masters, hell they wanted to push him all the way back when he debut but with his 2 strikes, they're scared and rightfully so. it'd be a disaster if he's the IC champ and then violates the drug policy and gets his third strike. not only would the storyline be a mess but the wwe will also get put back in the dark light that they've been trying so hard to get out of since the benoit incident.
I was under the impression that when a released wrestler returns they get a fresh slate. Did Masters' old strikes carry over?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
There's no doubt in my mind that Masters should be next in line for a shot at Ziggler's IC Championship. Kaval should lay low after a losing effort at TLC (in a Ladder Match no less) and leave Masters the ground for the next two months... maybe even mixing it up with JTG for Ziggler would be a good thing.

I wouldn't let Masters win the title though... his style works much better as a heel in my mind.

And, since we're on the subject of open roster spots... why not bring Percy Watson to SmackDown! to fill in that midcard?!

OH YEAH!
Don't mean to post twice in a row, but this. I was a big fan of Showtime

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I was opposed in 2005, and I'm opposed in 2010.

I'll admit he's not as awful as he was when he was a roid freak, but I still don't think he's any good.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Why not? Judging by how few wrestlers Smackdown has left, even a random audience member at ringside could be up for a push soon.

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
Masters needs to improve his in ring work in order to get a push. The reason why he should be pushed isn't because he deserves it, it is because he's the one who could fill in for MVP.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Masters is actually quite a good inring performer. Very solid. Check out his work on Superstars, he knows how to wrestle quite well.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Masters is my favorite wrestler at the moment. Very smooth in the ring, don't make mistakes. He looks like a natural out there and it doesn't come off as force.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
Masters is 15 years to late. Anyone who wears tights with the letter "M" with arms flexing biceps on their wrestling trunks should never get a push. His look is that of a poor man's Paul Roma, and a cheap rip off of Lex Luger. In fact the only way Chris would ever go over in my opinion would be if he inducted Lex Luger in to the WCW HOF at WM this new year in 2011 April 3rd, and then whipped his sorry ass, and call him a drug addicted has been who should be in jail for killing his favorite valet of all time, Ms. Elizabeth. After that officially retire Luger that week at WM, and take his "Total Package" naming rights, and his finisher the Torture Rack, but adding a swinging neck breaker after a few moments.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts