Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
It's funny, because everyone hated the TNA in these moments also.

TNA has been hated for as long as I've been a fan and that's since 2005 (Arguably TNA's best year in the eyes of the IWC) and back then it was the same bitching and moaning except instead of "Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff are ruining TNA!" it was "Jeff Jarrett is ruining TNA!" and instead of "TNA needs to build the X-Division" it was "TNA needs to build their lackluster Main Event scene"

I remember it all quite well. As for the video, yes it's cool. Someone will do the same video in 2018 with clips from 2013 and everyone here will be all "Oh my god, I miss THIS TNA" as well.

You don't know what you've got till' it's gone.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I used to watch TNA a lot back in 2005-2006 it's certainly not what it used to be, it could have had a cult following similar to ecw if it kept going the way it was back then.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Of course, random spots ftw. MOAR blood and people falling on their necks for no reason.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Oh, cool.

·
Premium Member
44,203 Posts
Well you don't need Holy Shit moments to make a good show. I'd rather they just write storylines than just go all out crazy and risk their necks moreso than they already do.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
If you guys honestly want to see what old TNA used to be like (Or have a massive nostalgia trip) I'd encourage you to YouTube search TNA's Top 50 Moments. Someone has uploaded it there in it's entirety and it shows full segments of the good old days.

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
TNA was the shit.
During what I'll call the Six-Sides Era, it was the best thing wrestling had going.
WWE fanboys didn't like it because it felt too indy to them. (Meanwhile at WWE it was one facepalm worthy kiddie segment after another and CENA WINS LOL.) So TNA upped their product image a bit, went to 4 sides, gained some WWE fans and for what? A diluted, carbon-copy WWE style bullshit product.

Hopefully, this Dixie Carter/A.J Styles storyline goes in the direction of getting back to what TNA once was. Lei'D Tapa is a step in the right direction. Obviously they need MANY more steps to regain the flair that they once had. I'm really glad I went to BFG '06 (the 2nd BFG and their first non-Nashville or Impact Zone PPV) . I barely have a passing interest in BFG '13.

4,547 Posts
I liked the old TNA. I miss it.

Yeah, I get that they’re trying to be all professional nowadays and if that works out for them well, cool beans, but as much as understand why they’re doing what they’re doing (or trying to do) I’d still sometimes rather have the old TNA back, six sides and all.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a lot of what happens on Impact - I have limited time to watch wrestling; I don't waste it on what bores me. It’s just that the way things were eons ago was good in a different way.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
TNA mid 2004-mid 2006 was some of the best booking/wrestling I have ever seen. Everyone on that roster was trying to prove themselves. Whether it was the young guys proving they are the future of wrestling or the old guys proving they still had some left in the tank, it was a great time to be a fan.

I still like TNA but I just enjoyed it more then.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I just watched BFG 2005 a couple nights ago and it blew, so I don't know what some of you are talking about. Styles and Daniels had a fantastic match, and Joe and Liger were Ok but not great. Besides that it was entirely shit. The main event had not even been booked at the start of the show, so they took ten guys who had already wrestled and put them in a battle royal. The winner of that was mother fucking Rhyno, who beat Jarrett while shenanigans were going on all around them.

The x division matches in particular sucked more than I remember.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
As a new TNA fan (been watching for a lil over 2 years), I'm kinda glad they don't do reckless spots like these as much. Risking your career to get a pop IMO goes against what wrestling is supposed to be about. It worked in ECW, but that was a long time ago, even Heyman admitted they can't do that kinda stuff forever.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts