Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Charismatic Enigma
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Rock v.s Hulk Hogan happened at wrestlemania 18...a match no one thought would ever be made. The biggest star of the past era, against the biggest star of the current era. Truly one for the ages. The Rock won.

9 years later...

With The Rock returning and being the host of wrestlemania, Rock v.s Cena at wrestlemania is strongly possible, with The rock calling Cena out and making fun of him. Again, a match no one thought would ever happen, but now it's possible.

Biggest star of the past era, The Rock v.s The biggest star of the current era, John Cena. Make it happen WWE...make it happen

· Charismatic Enigma
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only difference is that Cena can't even hold the Rock's jock.
I wouldn't doubt Cena in this one, he can work the mic and we all know he can do more than just the usual in the ring...maybe this'll finally bring out the best in him

· Premium Member
2,701 Posts
The only difference is that Cena can't even hold the Rock's jock.
If they screw this PG crap and let him be the old John Cena or let him have an edge and go all out then he would easily make it a feud to remember.

Let's just hope The Rock keeps getting a much bigger reaction while Cena gets booed, maybe then Vince will see how the fans want the face of the company to be and he will give him a character change, maybe even scratch the whole PG shit.

· Registered
3,366 Posts
I'd rather compare Cena vs Rock to Austin vs Rock from Mania 17. Simply cause Cena is this generations Austins and this would be the 10 year anniversary of Austin vs Rock.

This year could look a lot like Mania 17:

Austin vs Rock ; Cena vs Rock
HHH vs Taker ; HHH vs Taker w/ Special Ref: HBK
Gimmick Battle Royal ; WCW Battle Royal
TLC ; MITB
Shane vs Vince ; Cole (or wrestler to represent him) vs Lawler
Angle vs Benoit ; Miz vs Morrison
APA vs RTC ; Corre vs Nexus
Y2J vs Regal ; Edge vs Del Rio

· Charismatic Enigma
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd rather compare Cena vs Rock to Austin vs Rock from Mania 17. Simply cause Cena is this generations Austins and this would be the 10 year anniversary of Austin vs Rock.

TLC ; MITB
Whoa there bud, the closest we have to austin right now is Orton. No way in hell is cena close to austin

· Ho!
20,682 Posts
Rock vs. Cena and Taker vs. Triple H w/Shawn as guest referee? I mean, that right there are the two top matches in WWE you could put together for this Wrestlemania... unless you can clone Cena or have him fight twice, in which case replace Trips and Shawn as guest referee with Cena, and then you have the biggest thing WWE could do with what they've got.

That being said, Rock isn't wrestling again. It's gonna be Cena vs. Miz.

· The Winds of Change
5,629 Posts
EBboy™;9349851 said:
Rock vs. Cena and Taker vs. Triple H w/Shawn as guest referee? I mean, that right there are the two top matches in WWE you could put together for this Wrestlemania... unless you can clone Cena or have him fight twice, in which case replace Trips and Shawn as guest referee with Cena, and then you have the biggest thing WWE could do with what they've got.

That being said, Rock isn't wrestling again. It's gonna be Cena vs. Miz.
Look, I'm not going to say there is no way that Rock is wrestling at Wrestlemania...but I think there is a much better chance of him just being the guest host of the show, being involved throughout the event. Never say never though! I mean we are all in the dark right now about where this all could go...but it is one hell of a cliff hanger.

Regardless of which way WWE decides to go with things, I think we are going to see 2 things at Wrestlemania: a Rock Bottom and a People's Elbow.

...preferably on Cena.

· Premium Member
2,701 Posts
I think he means compared to Austin, Cena is the biggest star of this current era, Orton isn't. But ya, gimmick-wise, Orton is closer to Austin.
In what way is the most boring wrestler in the whole WWE closer to what Austin was than Cena is? PG character aside, Cena is far more closer to what Austin was, while Randy "Boring" Orton would still be as boring as he is even without PG restrictions.

I think what you should have said is Randy Orton tries to be more like Austin more so than Cena does, although he fails.

· Registered
1,346 Posts

TLC ; MITB
Excuse me are u comparing Angle and Benoit to Morrison and Miz , is that a joke?

· Banned
2,204 Posts
it still isnt gonna top a Hogan vs Austin possibility

· homer function no well beer without
419 Posts
is there a possibility that a triple threat match could happen with the rock v cena v undertaker at wrestlemania?

wouldnt that be a great way to end a career...the most popular wrestler from the attitude era vs the most popular wrestler from this era vs one of the most popular wrestlers and his streak from both eras?

next week cena could call out the rock, they babble on to each other for awhile, then undertaker returns right in the middle of it

· Registered
2,491 Posts
Vince knows where the money is. He see's dollar signs at just the mention of the rock vs cena.
He would be stupid not to do it.

· Registered
7,601 Posts
This needs to stop already as this whole "The Rock needs to face John Cena at WrestleMania 27" thing is already becoming as tedious as "21.2.11 is Sting for certain" was and much like those vignettes were always going to be the return of The Undertaker seeing how the arena that Raw is at that night had revealed it we are also NOT going to see Cena/Rock at WrestleMania 27. The Rock is going to be the guest host of the PPV wo will show up in kinds of backstage segments probably similar to how he did at King of the Ring in 2002 and will then have some kind of role in Cena/Miz which i am certain will main event and close the show.

I would be very surprised if there isn't some kind of major ref bump in Cena/Miz and Alex Riley will become involved thus meaning The Rock will make the save and run down to take out Alex Riley, this will lead to John Cena hitting the AA on The Miz and then The Rock making the count. I would imagine this is why The Rock mentioned John Cena and The Miz last night rather than just John Cena and whilst we may get some kind of staredown between John Cena and The Rock with a teased fight between them we will see them close the show with The Rock handing John Cena the WWE title and raising his arm.

If and i say IF we are to see John Cena and The Rock then having it next year clearly makes much more sense because it is in Miami which is the hometown of The Rock and WWE finally pulling the trigger on Cena/Rock at WrestleMania 28 in The Rock's hometown will sell the PPV all on it's own just like Rock/Hogan did a decade beforehand. We are literally about 6 weeks away from WrestleMania so there is nowhere near enough time to build Cena/Rock to be as big as it really is and leaving it for a year later with a whole year to build the match and make it the biggest match for a decade.

I heard The Rock say that he is staying for good but what that means i do not know but from that statement he must surely be around now until WrestleMania 28 at least when i would imagine he will be inducted into The Hall of Fame as next years main inductee so with him possibly being inducted next year and a match with John Cena in his hometown the buyrate for WrestleMania 28 could be HUGE. What is certain though is if WrestleMania 28 is headlined by Cena/Rock and the buyrate is HUGE the haters will say it is down to The Rock being a HUGE draw but if the buyrate is average and not any better than usual then it will be down to John Cena not drawing enough.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.