Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
The liquidations of both WCW and ECW, Austin's heel turn, Rock's absence for Hollywood, the association with the XFL, and the botched Invasion angle were the biggest culprits in WWF's sudden downtime. The ratings started to improve by 2002, when Flair and the nWo where getting more involved in matches, thus bringing back fans of both Ric and Hogan to WWF shows.

·
Registered
564 Posts
The liquidations of both WCW and ECW, Austin's heel turn, Rock's absence for Hollywood, the association with the XFL, and the botched Invasion angle were the biggest culprits in WWF's sudden downtime. The ratings started to improve by 2002, when Flair and the nWo where getting more involved in matches, thus bringing back fans of both Ric and Hogan to WWF shows.
This, I remember how it was, WWF doing the reset button after Survior Series worked, I remember old WCW people coming back to find out what Hogan was going to do back in the WWF, also I remember Triple HGH's return was hyped AF in the class room.

They were doing everything right going into 2002, they should have just held off on the draft.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts