Wrestling Forum banner

80s NWA is Austin's favorite product of all time?

1104 8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvUK_-YSUQo

At 2:43 he just says that it is his favorite product to watch.I don't really know why,but i did found this to be a bit strange to hear from Austin's mouth.
Interesting to hear though.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
80's NWA rocks so, I don't see why it would be strange... plus, the fact he sort of grew up as a man on it is quite the most normal of things.
I like 80s NWA a lot.I much prefer it over the cartoony product WWE put out in the same period.At least it was a wrestling program,while Vince's company felt like a Disney show at times with the Hulkamania bs.
I just didn't expect Austin to like it best,but i guess the fact he matured in that period helped him make his choice.

· Registered
7,601 Posts
It was 80's NWA that was what got me hooked on wrestling as Sting was the first wrestler i ever marked for and alongside Shawn Michaels he is my favorite wrestler of all time. Just looking back to those great days of Sting, Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, The Steiner Brothers, Lex Luger when he was decent, Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat and Terry Funk was a great time for me and has given me so many great memories.

Anyone who has never watched NWA in the 80's has never really ever watched proper wrestling because even the biggest WWE marks who have watched WWE for twenty years will admit that Vince McMahon's product has always been an over the top entertainment show rather than a straight up wrestling show. It wasn't really until Ric Flair went to WWE that i began watching WWE on a regular basis rather than just buying all the PPV's on video as soon as they came out, i was never really that big of a fan of Hulk Hogan so he never really drew me in whereas Ric Flair going to WWE was a HUGE deal to me and was the reason for why i began to be torn between both WWE and NWA which had become WCW.

· Registered
50 Posts
80's NWA is the pinnacle of American wrestling.
I could not agree more!

This is what i grew up on. Being in NC, i went to all those shows back in the day. The early starcade, GAB, the clash, and seeing Magnum TA, Dusty, Manny Fernandez, Road Warriors, Nikita, Rock and Roll express, Midnight, 4 horseman (not the watered down versions). Such a great time to be a wrestling fan!
Damn, i still got a rock and roll express bandana and magnum ta and dusty rhodes with babydoll poster from back then. Great times!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.