Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Likes wrestling....
11,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let's see who wants to play.

I will list twelve obscure 80's/ 90's wrestlers or tag teams 1-10.

If you know anything about a wrestler (without looking him up) then you get a point. Believe it or not most of these guys I will list were not jobbers.

The person who gets the most points after 24 hours wins and can make any list they want.

Not sure if this will work, just trying to provide a little entertainment.

Here goes. Cut and paste followed by a yes or no.

1. Brad and Bart Batten
2. Buck Robley
3. Lazertron
4. Spike Huber
5. Ice Train
6. The Mongol
7. Sweet Daddy Siki
8. P.N. News
9. Phil Hickerson
10. Len Denton
11. The Apocalypse
12. Izzy Slapowitz

·
Do they have Krusty's Partially Gelatinated, Non-D
3,238 Posts
Re: 80's-90's Obscure Wreslter Challenge Game....

Lets see hear.

1. Brad and Bart Batten
Not a clue

2. Buck Robley
Don't no

3. Lazertron
The great Hector Guerrero

4. Spike Huber
Not a clue

5. Ice Train
Fire and Ice with Scotty Nortan

6. The Mongol
Damn, don't no

7. Sweet Daddy Siki
Shit sont no

8. P.N. News
Wrestled in WCW and ECW

9. Phil Hickerson
Damn

10. Len Denton
Nothing

·
Likes wrestling....
11,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Lets see hear.

1. Brad and Bart Batten
Not a clue

2. Buck Robley
Don't no

3. Lazertron
The great Hector Guerrero

4. Spike Huber
Not a clue

5. Ice Train
Fire and Ice with Scotty Nortan

6. The Mongol
Damn, don't no

7. Sweet Daddy Siki
Shit sont no

8. P.N. News
Wrestled in WCW and ECW

9. Phil Hickerson
Damn

10. Len Denton
Nothing
So you got three...not bad, I reached deep for some of these...next player. Note to next player...you can't cheat and use Taker's Revenge's information ;)

·
Master Of the DDT
801 Posts

The only ones I've ever heard of are:
Ice Train - Scott 'Flash' Norton's former tag team partner & managed by Teddy Long after their tag team broke up.
Sweet Daddy Siki - only read about him in Bret Hart's book.
PN News - I've heard the name, but I have no idea who it is.
I've never heard of any of the others.

·
Premium Member
15,600 Posts
I only know 3.

Ice Train was a pretty sizable black guy from WCW back in the day. He originally was a singles wrestler and IIRC, was horrible. Prime example of a guy that only made it (without really making it) because of his size. Became a part of "Fire & Ice" with Scott Norton. And don't quote me because I don't know for sure but I want to say he was a part of the No Limit Soldiers.

I remember P.N. News somewhat as a kid, as the overweight fat guy with some kind of finisher off the top rope and a hip hop based gimmick. This was maybe '91-'92? I remember him more (surprisingly) from his very brief ECW stints, including a rather short run as a member of Da Baldies, I think before Vic Grimes joined. Not sure.

Sweet Daddy Siki, I admit, I know nothing about and am only familiar with him due to his part in either training Edge or giving him a start in the business, as seen on the celebration Christian had for Edge after Smackdown.

You fucked my mind with everybody else.

·
Do they have Krusty's Partially Gelatinated, Non-D
3,238 Posts
Everyone's tied up with three now with Ice Train and PN News being mentioned all three times.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Since I stopped following wrestling around 1965 I don't know most of these guys. The only one I know quite well is SWEET DADDY SIKI who was in his prime back in my day.

Siki was a black wrestler who tag teamed freqeuntly with Bobo Brazil and Art Sailor Thomas (two of the more prominent black wrestlers of that time). All three were faces. (Black face?!fpalm Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

In any case, one day Siki woke up, dyed his hair blond, and morphed into a heel overnight!!! That's when I liked him and started cheering for him.

- Mike

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Stopped following wrestling around 1965?

How old are you?
Old. Very old. One day you will be old, too! :argh:

In fact, I'm 63 1/2. I started watching wrestling at age 9 to about 15. Then started again from around 1999 to 2005 when my son became a fanatic fan.

When I watched Sweet Daddy Siki wrestle on TV you weren't even a gleam in your dad's eye! :lol

- Mike

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Very familiar with Siki through Stampede.

Also recognize, Robley, News and Train.

·
Premium Member
15,600 Posts
Hell, when you were watching Sweet Daddy Siki, I don't even think my dad was a gleam in his dad's eye.

Nothing wrong with it though. With age comes knowledge. I don't mean any harm.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Here's Sweet Daddy Siki in his prime when he wrestled on Capitol Wrestling TV.

Art Sailor Thomas was one of Sweet Daddy's frequent tag partners.

Bobo Brazil was the most successful and famous of the three amigos.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
THE FABULOUS KANGAROOS (Roy Heffernan & Al Costello) RUIN SWEET DADDY SIKI'S DAY!

If you don't know who The (original) Fabulous Kangaroos are take a look at my avatar.

·
Likes wrestling....
11,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
THE FABULOUS KANGAROOS (Roy Heffernan & Al Costello) RUIN SWEET DADDY SIKI'S DAY!

If you don't know who The (original) Fabulous Kangaroos are take a look at my avatar.

Batko...I mention them all the time...They along with the Road Warriors, and Dusek's are the greatest teams of all time.

·
Likes wrestling....
11,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Very familiar with Siki through Stampede.

Also recognize, Robley, News and Train.
Okay 777 you are the "winner"

If you want to post a list of obscure wrestlers feel free, if not we can let the game die :lol

Here are the answers by the way....

1. Brad and Bart Batten: A twin brother tag team who wreslted as law abiding faces in the territories for much of the 80's. Had their biggest runs in Central States and as heels in Puerto Rico.

2. Buck Robley: 777 knew him, a former protoge of Sgt. Slaughter, did his best work in Central States and Mid-Atlantic.

3. Lazertron: Taker got this one

4. Spike Huber: The son in law of Dick The Brusier, worked briefly in WWF but had mid card runs in various territories. Always thought he would go further.

5. Ice Train; All of you remembered him

6. The Mongol: Gene Petite wrestled as the Mongul under Skandor in the World Class area, one of his first charges. Better known as Cousin Luke in the WWF but also wreslted as Kharma in Sullivan's Cult in Florida.

7. Sweet Daddy Siki; Batko and 777 got this one, I saw him wrestle Dutch Mantell in Nashville in 1985ish

8. P.N. News; You guys know him

9. Phil Hickerson: This tough mug hailed from Jackson, TN where he hosts his own radio show. He was a top of the card heel and tag team partner of Dennis Condrey in one of the most under-rated tag teams of the 70's. His top fued was with Lawler as Phil, but you might rememeber him better as the fat guy posing as the Japanesse wrestler P.Y. Chu Hi in Texas during the dying days of World Class in the late 80's early.

10. Len Denton: This is The Grappler. Before his long time main event run in the Pacific Northwest, Denton was one half of the Dirty White Boys. He also wrestled as the Grappler in Texas, Mid-South and other areas. Finished his career working under his name without the mask as a jobber in WCW. Did some Nitro's and got some wins on Saturday nights.

11. The Apocalypse: This one may have been too hard, as most internet wrestling sites do not even list long time wreslter Mike Boyette as playing the role of Apocalypse. He mainly wrestled as the Hippie Boy in the 70's but in the 80's he was one of Jim Cornette's first men under the Apolcalypse gimmick.

12. Izzy Slapowitz: Famous (or maybe not so famous now days) jobber with a gimmick in the WWF. Got some low card wins but jobbed to the stars.

Thanks for playing...Maybe if I do it again I will make it easier.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Batko...I mention them all the time...They along with the Road Warriors, and Dusek's are the greatest teams of all time.
Greenlawler, I didn't mean you (and I was not being sarcastic). It was meant for the "millions...and mlllions ..." who weren't around at the time and were not aware of them. If they don't know Sweet Daddy, they probably are not aware of who the Kangaroos were.

Sorry if that came out wrong. No offense to anyone was intended.

- Mike

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Hell, when you were watching Sweet Daddy Siki, I don't even think my dad was a gleam in his dad's eye.

Nothing wrong with it though. With age comes knowledge. I don't mean any harm.
Hey, no offense taken. That was a great comeback.:agree: In fact, that was the best laugh that I had all day! (Which probably goes to show how boring my life is!:|)

- Mike

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Victory feels kinda hollow at 4/12, that's not even a passing grade. Lol.
A hollow victory is better than a loss! :lol

- Mike

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.