Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They let the VIP fans in (about 125 people) and then locked the doors. Abyss and Jeff Hardy (no paint) fought down the ramp, around the ring and then backstage. It's over now and they are letting the rest of the "cast members" in. Stay tuned.

Dark Match

1. Robbie T (w/Cookie) defeated Max Buck (w/Jeremy Buck) vs. Robbie is doing a Jersey Shore gimmick. Get it: Cookie/Snookie. Cool gimmick. Robbie won after Cookie distracted Buck. Finish was a combo russian leg sweep neckbreaker for the pin in just over three minutes.

TNA Impact Taping

The 8/19 edition of Impact opened with Eric Bischoff announcing that Rob Van Dam has been hospitalized with likely head and spinal trauma, 115 stitches and possibly punctured organs. Bischoff said that after meeting with Van Dam's doctors and Dixie Carter, they have decided to vacate the TNA title. A tournament with the top 8 contenders will start tonight with the finals being held at Bound for Glory. Bischoff said that Van Dam has a home in TNA and they will be happy to welcome him back if and when he is able to recover

Fortune is out. New entrance (like Evolution) with cool music. All in suits except "big bad Doug". Dixie Carter came out with EV2. She gave them all TNA contracts. Tonight is A.J. Styles vs Tommy Dreamer, and they promise to get Abyss. Dixie asked EV2 not to get physical during the promo.

Mick Foley cut a promo on Flair to set up future match.

1. Jeff Hardy defeated Rob Terry in a tournament match. Hardy was selling an injury. Terry is God awful. We're talking Brakkus or Khali. Terry blew his spin kick so bad he redid it.

2. Mr. Anderson defeated Jay Lethal in a tournament match in 4:11. Anderson won with the Mic Check. He helped Lethal up after the match.

3. Angelina Love (w/Velvet Sky) defeated Madison Rayne (w/mystery biker chick) to retain the TNA Knockouts Title. It was a marathon of a match that ended at 1:37 with a big boot to the kisser (a la Barbarian).

4. Kurt Angle defeated Douglas Williams in a tournament match in 4:52. Praying for a head bobble from big bad Doug. Angle won when Doug tapped to ankle lock. Great physical match with two bobble heads from Williams. Angle handed Doug the X Division strap post match.

Sting and Nash said they were about to tell the truth about the cancer in TNA when Jeff Jarrett came out on the ramp and threatened to beat them up. Hulk Hogan came out with Jeff Jarrett. They headed to the ring and there was a big staredown. The lights went out and when they came back on, Fortune beat down everyone. (Actually, when the lights went off, Hogan and Jarrett just laid down in the ring. Hogan was slow.) Fortune celebrated and then left.

5. D'Angelo Dinero defeated Matt Morgan in a tournament match in 4:46. Pope delivered a double knee to the back of Morgan outside the ring into the post and then rolled him up for the pin.

6. A.J. Styles pinned Tommy Dreamer in 6:37. Tommy bled. Fortunate walked onto the ramp, but they were jumped by the EV2.0 faction. Abyss snuck inside the ring and slammed Dreamer to set up the finish. There was a big brawl on the ramp to end the show.

This concluded the TNA Impact taping. The Xplosion taping is up next.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
Re: 8/10 TNA Impact taping

The 8/19 edition of Impact opened with Eric Bischoff announcing that Rob Van Dam has been hospitalized with likely head and spinal trauma, 115 stitches and possibly punctured organs. Bischoff said that after meeting with Van Dam's doctors and Dixie Carter, they have decided to vacate the TNA title. A tournament with the top 8 contenders will start tonight with the finals being held at Bound for Glory. Bischoff said that Van Dam has a home in TNA and they will be happy to welcome him back if and when he is able to recover.
A tad over the top me thinks.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts

Wrestlicious star Becky Bayless aka Brooke Lynn is expected to work a dark match tonight, managing new TNA signee Robby Eckos with some sort of "Jersey Shore" based gimmick

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,453 Posts

So there's gonna be no champ til BFG, that's almost 2 months. Not sure what the final will be, I would say angle vs hardy but their already promoting that for No Surrender.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts

I wonder what RVDs deal is. It must be something personal and I dont think its storyline based.
It would take a lot to just leave during your title reign.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts

So there's gonna be no champ til BFG, that's almost 2 months. Not sure what the final will be, I would say angle vs hardy but their already promoting that for No Surrender.
Yeah im guessing that is one of the Semifinal matches then ( if the BFG thing isnt a typo ). But that would leave the Bound For Glory ME kinda lackluster imo.
Jeff Hardy Vs. Mr Anderson is my bet for BFG ME then. Which is the best option after Angle Vs. Hardy.

·
Registered
957 Posts

Good god, are the writers out of their minds. Seven weeks without a TNA champion, that's seriously not right. The main event scene is a mess as it stands.

Question is, that is one hefty way to write Rob Van Dam out. Is he gone for good or suspended? If he's left he has really pissed on TNA and Dixie is the stupid blind fuck mark that let him. If he has gone, he has come in won the title, not actually put any effort into anything and walked out without even jobbing out to drop the belt.

·
The Middle Rope
2,451 Posts

RVD WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE! Came in, took his money, put no effort in& left with the belt.

He now leaves 2 months before TNA's flagship PPV which ironically he was suppose to be main eventing. Jesus who's idea was it to bring this joker in? should of never let him bury AJ!

1 - 20 of 154 Posts