Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TNA held their first ever 3-hour PPV, Victory Road.

Surprised im the first one to point that out. Not sure bout you all, but i remember ordering that show and enjoying it.

·
Banned
23 Posts
Wow, 6 years ago? That's mad.
I can remember watching the PPV, but months after it was broadcasted live, it had a great line up as well! I'm surprised TNA never commemorate Turning Point as its first ever three hour PPV, seems a bit weird that that don't talk about it, despite it being such a monumental date in the companies history? Anywho, the matches I can specifically remember from it are Hardy vs. Jarrett, it was a good match but we all knew Hardy wasn't going to win. I can remember Williams vs Styles and AMW vs XXX in a last team standing match. But I can also remember how the matches were really short, compared to the first one. I'm not sure what the first match was, I can just remember it lasting AAAGES, much longer than any other matches on the card.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Wow, 6 years ago? That's mad.
I can remember watching the PPV, but months after it was broadcasted live, it had a great line up as well! I'm surprised TNA never commemorate Turning Point as its first ever three hour PPV, seems a bit weird that that don't talk about it, despite it being such a monumental date in the companies history? Anywho, the matches I can specifically remember from it are Hardy vs. Jarrett, it was a good match but we all knew Hardy wasn't going to win. I can remember Williams vs Styles and AMW vs XXX in a last team standing match. But I can also remember how the matches were really short, compared to the first one. I'm not sure what the first match was, I can just remember it lasting AAAGES, much longer than any other matches on the card.
Dude the first PPV was called VICTORY ROAD.

Anyway, back then the PPV matches were good but the overall presentation was shit. Impact Zone was much smaller too.

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,910 Posts
I remember, Hardy vs. Jeff was the main event. It was a big deal at the time.
Reading your post, I was like how did Jeff Hardy wrestle himself?

Then I remember back in 04, Jarrett was on his title dominance run.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Turning Point was next month, where they had that sick cage event.

6 years ago, they had a PPV in the Impact Zone. Tonight, they will have a PPV in the Impact Zone. The only differences is that it'll seat 1,100 compared to 700 and there is a four-sided ring instead of a six-sided ring. Also, they actually decorated the set back in 2004 compared to 2010.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Thought it held 1,300.

I remember the 1st match the 20 man gauntlet. I know they had alot of time to fill but i bet that killed the crowd.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts