Wrestling Forum banner

Do you think Warner Brothers will release the Snyder Cut?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Warner Brothers reportedly deemed Zack Snyder's rough cut of Justice League "unwatchable." This isn't hard to believe considering Batman v Superman was heavily criticized for its dour tone and convoluted plot, and Man of Steel wasn't exactly a critical darling either. Considering it had the exact same writer and director, Justice League could've very well have suffered from those exact same issues in its early stages. Not many people were excited or optimistic about the movie in the first place because of the track record heading up to its theatrical release. On paper, Joss Whedon reshooting the movie seemed like a good idea since he's the filmmaker behind two critically acclaimed and financially successful movies in the form of The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron. It's fairly understandable as to why the studio trusted Whedon's lighter vision, which proved to be successful in the genre, over Snyder's darker vision, which proved to be unsuccessful in the genre. Since they don't think the Snyder Cut of Justice League's worth watching, I doubt they'll release it since they don't want dire-hard fans to potentially be disappointed.

2. Warner Brothers are seemingly distancing themselves from Zack Snyder's vision of the DCEU. They've made it clear that they have no plans to develop a sequel to his Man of Steel nor a cut of his Justice League. Not only that but The Batman will be a reboot as opposed to a prequel to Batman v Superman with Robert Pattinson playing a younger version of Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne. Henry Cavill only has one more film appearance left on his contract that might not even be used, couldn't even make a proper cameo in Shazam, and played a Superman that isn't a top priority for the studio. Keep in mind that Amy Adams, Jessie Eisenberg and Lawrence Fishburne have all said that they doubt they'll ever reprise their respective roles as Lois Lane, Lex Luthor and Perry White. Wonder Woman 1984 will see Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman be seen publicly despite the fact that she was kept hidden from the world in Batman v Superman. Not only that but Steve Trevor will be returning from the dead even though she mourned his death in Justice League.

3. The Snyder Cut exists but it's not a completed version of the movie. It would cost Warner Brothers millions of dollars to finish the special effects and the junkie score, and it seems unlikely that they'll invest money for a cut of a film that couldn't even outgross Man of Steel. For a movie that was intended to be the DCEU's version of The Avengers, Justice League opening with only $94M and closing with only $657M is pathetic. It's been a few years since its theatrical release and since then, there's been countless tweets, signatures, letters and whatnot for Warner Brothers to #ReleaseTheSnyderCut. Fans have made their voices heard loud and clear that they want to see it and despite all their efforts, it still isn't enough to convince the studio to do it. If they had plans to finish and release it, Warner Brothers would've surely have gotten started on it already.

4. Justice League was a box office bomb. This movie was supposed to be to the DCEU what The Avengers was to the MCU. It should've made history and broke records but instead it started controversy and crushed dreams. A film with some of the most recognizable superheroes of all time in Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and The Flash not only failed to gross a billion dollars, but failed to come close. This was even worse than Batman v Superman not joining the one billion dollar club when it was about the two most iconic superheroes of all time fighting each other. Justice League was the lowest grossing movie in the franchise when it should've been the highest or at the very least, one of the highest. I've said before but I'll say it again, it doesn't seem likely that they'll invest money for a version of a film that underperformed financially like that.

5. DC Films have improved tremendously since Justice League. The main reason why the DCEU failed initially was because they were rushing to replicate the success of the MCU. But now, they're actually taking their time with their cinematic universe by not cramming too much source material and too many characters. They currently have four critical hits in a row thanks to Aquaman, Shazam, Joker and Birds of Prey. We have Wonder Woman 1984, The Suicide Squad and The Batman to look forward to, so it doesn't look like that streak will end anytime soon. It's clear as day that they're moving forward and not looking back to the mixed Man of Steel, Batman v Superman and Justice League days. They're cementing themselves as a surviving and thriving cinematic universe, so why would they release the Snyder Cut?

6. The upcoming Flash movie will be based off the iconic Flashpoint storyline. It's pretty much a given that this film will be used to soft reboot the DCEU with Barry Allen screwing up the timeline to perfectly explain and justify retcons and recasts. Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad and Justice League are the movies that will most likely be erased from the DCEU timeline. Considering that they were the only critically panned, universally divisive and fairly controversial films in the franchise, retconning them would ensure a clean slate for the DCEU. It's literally because of those movies that they were in such a predicament to begin with. Plus, it wouldn't even made sense to keep any of them canon since none of them have a sequel or in Justice League's case, a cut, in the works. Don't forget that James Gunn has confirmed that his The Suicide Squad will be a total reboot to David Ayer's Suicide Squad as opposed to a direct sequel.

·
Premium Member
43,972 Posts
I guess it would be interesting to see the Snyder cut, just to see what the original vision was, but I doubt it would have made the movie good.

Its like when I hear Disney fans saying they want to see the full cut of The Black Cauldron, with the 11 or so minutes that were cut out of the film. I saw the theatrical version and I highly doubt an extra 11 minutes would do anything to save it.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Because it would probably be kind of shit and cause snyder is a hack who ruined the dccu before it could get started. Thankfully the individual movies of aquaman,wonder woman and shazam have been good and one off films like joker being great

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
The Snyder cut is not going to be any better than the Whedon cut.

It's a shitty movie, with a shitty script, shitty direction, shitty acting, shitty art design, and a shitty score.

It's going to be shitty no matter who edits it.

The shitty movie and it's extended universe is already dead. Let the shitty corpse decompose already.

·
The face that runs the List
10,663 Posts
in my opinion they could have salvaged the whole universe. They didn't need to reboot anything, they just needed a couple of good movies to fix what they already had.

Out of the 8 movies they have released so far, half were good and half were terrible, it's honestly not that bad.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
in my opinion they could have salvaged the whole universe. They didn't need to reboot anything, they just needed a couple of good movies to fix what they already had.

Out of the 8 movies they have released so far, half were good and half were terrible, it's honestly not that bad.
Pattinson playing a younger version of Affleck’s Batman and Phoenix’s Joker torturing Leto’s Robin into becoming his successor would’ve both been perfect. All four character iterations could’ve existed in the same cinematic universe and DC wouldn’t have multiple movie universes that confuses casual fans. They possibly wouldn’t even need to use the Flashpoint storyline to soft reboot anything. In the DCEU, Bruce Wayne has been Batman for 20 years. We saw an older and more experienced version of him in Batman v Superman, so we could’ve seen a younger and less experienced version of him in The Batman. Suicide Squad confirmed that Harley Quinn helped The Joker kidnap and murder Robin. There’s been plenty of theories that Leto‘s Joker was actually Jason Todd with plenty of evidence to back them up, and Robbie’s Harley Quinn would’ve fit well with Phoenix’s Joker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.