Wrestling Forum banner

Daniel Bryan's best WWE match?

• Daniel Bryan vs. Antonio Cesaro (RAW July 2013)

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk (Money In The Bank 2012)

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler (Bragging Rights 2010)

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Batista (Wrestlemania 30)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Team Hell No & Ryback vs. The Shield (TLC 2012)

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton (RAW December 2013)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus (Extreme Rules 2012)

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk (Over the Limit 2012)

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H (Wrestlemania 30)

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena (SummerSlam 2013)

Votes: 17 26.2%
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
The NEW
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 years ago today Daniel Bryan made his WWE TV debut. Here is his debut match vs. Y2J, which was pretty damn good. Remember watching it for the first time & just marking out all the way through:

So after last night's fuckery, I am trying to be somehow positive here. :lol

Some fun facts about Bryan's WWE career so far:
- Has won all the titles he can except for the Intercontinental Title
- Has main evented 11 PPV's.

And here are my top-10 Daniel Bryan WWE matches:

10. Daniel Bryan vs. Antonio Cesaro (RAW July 2013)

I remember watching this live w/ my friend & just marking out. Bryan & Cesaro main eventing RAW. Just beautiful.

9. Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk (Money In The Bank 2012)

I think this match is pretty underrated, actually. Many people forget this match, just because the OTL classic, but this one deserves some love too! Punk & Bryan put on one of the best matches of 2012.

8. Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler (Bragging Rights 2010)

This was the first real MOTYC for Bryan in the WWE. Amazing match, and I'd say it's the 2nd best WWE match of 2010.

7. Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Batista (Wrestlemania 30)

Just an amazing 3-way match w/ an epic ending, what's not to love?

6. Team Hell No & Ryback vs. The Shield (TLC 2012)

Best thing about this match for me is the fact that I didn't expect it to be so good. One of the best TLC matches ever.

5. Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton (RAW December 2013)

Honestly, one of my favorite TV matches of all-time. Liked this even better than the Punk/Cena classic from the same year.

4. Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus (Extreme Rules 2012)

This would've been my 2012 match of the year, if the next match wouldn't have happened..

3. Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk (Over the Limit 2012)

Just an amazing match. And seeing CM Punk & Daniel Bryan fight for the WWE Title was just beautiful. Classic match, and one of my all-time favorites.

2. Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H (Wrestlemania 30)

I know many disagree with me, but for me, this is a top-10 Mania match of all-time. Thought those 2 told an epic story together, and it was very different from other HHH mania matches. Not an overblown "epic", which is a great thing.

1. Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena (SummerSlam 2013)

My pick for MOTY 2013.Yes, I liked this better than Punk/Lesnar. It was just a huge moment for all of the Bryan fans to see him main event a WWE PPV w/ John Cena. And the match was amazing. Just as good as Punk/Cena from MITB, if you ask me.​

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
The memories. :eek:kada

I actually watched Bryan vs Punk @OTL2012 today before I watched Fastlane and fuck I love that match, just so fitting seeing those 2 guys go at it for the biggest prize in the WWE.

But yea, it's a shame to see that things may very well go downhill from here. Atleast there are a fair few things to look back on.

·
The NEW
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The memories. :eek:kada

I actually watched Bryan vs Punk @OTL2012 today before I watched Fastlane and fuck I love that match, just so fitting seeing those 2 guys go at it for the biggest prize in the WWE.

But yea, it's a shame to see that things may very well go downhill from here. Atleast there are a fair few things to look back on.
It's a joke that the match didn't get to main event the PPV.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
It's a joke that the match didn't get to main event the PPV.
Instead Cena vs JohnnyAce did. fpalm

And that night is just one of many indications and reminders that most of us on here are dreaming if we ever think our favorites are gonna be treated correctly.

How the fuck do you have Punk vs Bryan 2 of the best wrestlers in the world not mainevent a PPV especially when the biggest title is on the line? Seriously, who makes those decisions.

And much like back then we encounter it again, with Bryan now getting the short end of deal and going from maineventing one of the biggest Mania's ever to possibly jobbing to Sheamus.

I give up, there is no hope for this company and being a good wrestler who is talented and can talk gets you know.

Being what a wrestler is suppose to be in the WWE actually holds you back.

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
Damn, it's only been 5 years and he's only been a legit main eventer for one of those years. So why were people saying he'd be Cena had he main evented Mania again?

Toss up between the OTL match and the one he had with Cesaro. The consecutive uppercuts by Cesaro :banderas

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Best overall match? The Shield vs Team Hell No & Ryback at TLC 2012 but in terms of a match where Daniel Bryan excelled the most?

I'd say vs HHH at WM or against Cesaro on Raw. I think his match at last year's RR with Bray should also have been listed.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Ah Bryan, the man who made WWE interesting again. He's been a breath of fresh air to a poor product and his WM 30 and the road to it was one of the best WWE had done to a WM for years. It was gripping and exciting. Unlike this year.

Loved his match with Cena at SS13 (still think its massively underrated on here) and his matches with Punk were awesome. His match with Sheamus at Extreme Rules was excellent too (don't want them facing each other at WM 31 though). His two matches at WM 30 are top class too, probably the best showing from a wrestler I've seen in years.

I'm not as bleak about his latest usage by WWE booking, I still have hope they give him something good to work with at WM 31.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Best overall match? The Shield vs Team Hell No & Ryback at TLC 2012 but in terms of a match where Daniel Bryan excelled the most?

I'd say vs HHH at WM or against Cesaro on Raw. I think his match at last year's RR with Bray should also have been listed.
Still think its Wyatt best single match to date, They have great chemistry together in the ring.

·
The NEW
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

That match is easily Bray's best singles match ever. Would put it on my DB top-20 too.

60,006 Posts
I liked all of those matches. I thought the triple threat with Miz and Morrison was pretty good too. I did like Bryan busting out some MMA moves last night, it just goes to show that he still has the moves, its just WWE not letting him use them.

·
Registered
666 Posts
My favorite of his in the WWE is vs. Punk @ OTL 12'

Just really awesome to see my two favorite WWE wrestlers of the current era mix it up for the WWE title.

Besides that, my two runner-ups would be Bryan/Cena at SS 13' and Bryan/Triple H at WM 30. Both badass matches.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
vs John Cena at summerslam? I don't recall this match being so good, it wasn't a bad match, but it definitely isn't in the top 10 for me.

Anyway, I would say my favorite match was against Punk at OTL and Team Hell No & Ryback vs. The Shield (One of the greatest non-single matches i've ever seen)

·
Banned
14,424 Posts
Rofl at ranking HHH/Bryan number 2. It was a completely unnecessary match and nothing special. But omg HHH did a dragon suplex, better overrate it immediately!

Just Levesque trying to milk the guy who was at his hottest for a Mania match.

·
The NEW
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rofl at ranking HHH/Bryan number 2. It was a completely unnecessary match and nothing special. But omg HHH did a dragon suplex, better overrate it immediately!

Just Levesque trying to milk the guy who was at his hottest for a Mania match.
:lol @ you acting like your OPINIONS are FACTS.

I've said it at least 30 times here, but there are no facts about what is a good match.

·
Banned
14,424 Posts
:lol @ you acting like your OPINIONS are FACTS.

I've said it at least 30 times here, but there are no facts about what is a good match.
I never said it was a bad match, dip shit. It's just a laughable choice for his number 2 match in WWE where he was having better matches than that on weekly shows for the last 3 years. I could see it being ranked 9 or 10, but 2? Ridiculous.

His tag matches with Kane, Ryback, Shield, etc, were some of the best worked and loudest matches of the last 10 years. A number of them are far superior to Bryan vs Ego at Mania.

I don't know who used the word 'fact' other than you.

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
I remember how pissed off the IWC was that the Miz was Bryan's pro. They all wanted Regal. I knew it was a brilliant move and it would get Bryan over.

You knew Bryan wasn't going to win the 1st season of NXT, but you knew he'd end up beating Miz for the US title. Then they scrap whole thing and any other ongoing NXT storyline for the Nexus. Then he gets fire for the tie incident, the IWC loses it's mind, he gets re-hired and they resume their original plans with Bryan and Miz.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts