Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Jinder win completely shows you that the WWE has NO idea what they're doing outside of Reigns, Cena and mid-carders. They literally could not care less about anything else.

What was the point of Cena winning the title for a month?
What was the point of Bray winning the title in a multi-man match, just to lose it in a month?
What was the point of Orton winning the title...thereby crushing any ounce of credibility left for Bray...just to lose it a 6 weeks later?
What's the point of Jinder winning the title 5 weeks after being a jobber for half a decade?

Now the thing is....if the WWE actually thought about things and were creative, there was a way the WWE could have accomplished all that it wanted, without making the title look like shit. Bray wins rumble... Randy beats AJ at EC (multi-man match; AJ feels cheated, still has match with shane at mania)... Bray beats Randy for title at mania (thereby giving Bray the big rumble and mania wins his career soley needed)...and you have Jinder win money in the bank. Smackdown gets to do an era of Wyatt for a few months (which would be interesting and new and would draw viewers) and you save the Jinder cash in for down the line (On Cena). Thank you good night.

This hot potatoting the belt makes me upset.

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,842 Posts
This post really puts things in perspective. That's 8 WWE champions we've had in less than a year.

Jesus, even the woman's titles have more stability right now.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Op, you did good planning.

but the way I see it, everyone is a mess since 2016 elections, so the WWE better be a mess. Like How the Attitude era was basically a result of society being into all things "extreme" at the time.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
In 11 months, we've had;
Reigns
Rollins
Ambrose
Styles
Cena
Wyatt
Orton
Mahal
all hold the so called most prestigious belt in WWE. And they wonder why the titles aren't seen as credible when they palm them off incessantly.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
If you think about it too much it will really make your head hurt.

They took it off AJ to give Cena his win back and be champ for a month. They took it off Cena to give it to Bray who was champ for 6 weeks and got completely castrated. They took it off Bray to give to Randy cause he somehow needed a mania moment and they wanted to repay him for getting killed by Brock last year. Then they took it off him to give to Jinder who was jobbing out to Mojo and Gronk last month because they wanna push the brand in India.

Mind boggling.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
This Jinder win completely shows you that the WWE has NO idea what they're doing outside of Reigns, Cena and mid-carders. They literally could not care less about anything else.

What was the point of Cena winning the title for a month?
What was the point of Bray winning the title in a multi-man match, just to lose it in a month?
What was the point of Orton winning the title...thereby crushing any ounce of credibility left for Bray...just to lose it a 6 weeks later?
What's the point of Jinder winning the title 5 weeks after being a jobber for half a decade?

Now the thing is....if the WWE actually thought about things and were creative, there was a way the WWE could have accomplished all that it wanted, without making the title look like shit. Bray wins rumble... Randy beats AJ at EC (multi-man match; AJ feels cheated, still has match with shane at mania)... Bray beats Randy for title at mania (thereby giving Bray the big rumble and mania wins his career soley needed)...and you have Jinder win money in the bank. Smackdown gets to do an era of Wyatt for a few months (which would be interesting and new and would draw viewers) and you save the Jinder cash in for down the line (On Cena). Thank you good night.

This hot potatoting the belt makes me upset.
Let me try to explain this one might be hard...

The plan WWE had I believe going into Wrestlemania was for Randy Orton to beat AJ Styles for the WWE Championship. That changed when according to the dirtsheets Kevin Dunn pushed for Vince to change course when they took John Cena out of the match with Undertaker and put him in the mix tag with Nikki Bella against The Miz and Maryse.

Why did that matter because to get Cena on board they gave him a third match with AJ Styles where he would get his 16 World Title in the Alamo Dome in Texas at Royal Rumble. They also needed a way to make the end of the Bray Wyatt/Orton story mean something so they gave Bray the title from Cena had Orton turn on Bray like he did and beat him for the WWE Championship.

Now why doe Jinder Mahal have the WWE Championship? Because WWE is trying to better their business in India. Most likely when they found out how much more money or interest they could create in that country especially if they had not broken the ice their yet with Jinder as WWE Champion and him coming back in the future doing promo for the company being introduced as a former WWE Champion did were not going to worry or care if the fans thought he was built right or worthy of carrying the title.

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Titles don't matter any more. Makes it even worse when the company has two brands and a title for each. They are just toys for little kids and grown men to by on their shop site.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me try to explain this one might be hard...

The plan WWE had I believe going into Wrestlemania was for Randy Orton to beat AJ Styles for the WWE Championship. That changed when according to the dirtsheets Kevin Dunn pushed for Vince to change course when they took John Cena out of the match with Undertaker and put him in the mix tag with Nikki Bella against The Miz and Maryse.

Why did that matter because to get Cena on board they gave him a third match with AJ Styles where he would get his 16 World Title in the Alamo Dome in Texas. So they needed a way to make the end of the Bray Wyatt/Orton story mean something so they gave Bray the title had Orton turn on Bray like he did and beat him for the WWE Championship.

Now why doe Jinder Mahal have the WWE Championship? Because WWE is trying to better their business in India. Most likely when they found out how much more money or interest they could create in that country especially if they had not broken the ice their yet with Jinder as WWE Champion and him coming back in the future doing promo for the company being introduced as a former WWE Champion did were not going to worry or care if the fans thought he was built right or worthy of carrying the title.
So your answer is Kevin Dunn.

·
Registered
13,155 Posts
If you think about it too much it will really make your head hurt.

They took it off AJ to give Cena his win back and be champ for a month. They took it off Cena to give it to Bray who was champ for 6 weeks and got completely castrated. They took it off Bray to give to Randy cause he somehow needed a mania moment and they wanted to repay him for getting killed by Brock last year. Then they took it off him to give to Jinder who was jobbing out to Mojo and Gronk last month because they wanna push the brand in India.

Mind boggling.
I think the sadder, if not funnier, thing is... it took WWE a long time to remove the stains of guys like Swagger and Khali holding the belt from the fans collective minds... and yet just a few short months into the current brand extension were already back to the things that made the last brand split so cringeworthy.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Essentially WWE is in a state of chaos and there is no new hero who is rising up to the task of being a hero and bringing stability to the title scene. I wonder who they might be planning to bring back?!? Cena?

·
Locker Room Leader
12,170 Posts
Hopefully Jinder can staunch the flow and provide stability to the title.

I've been loving your MAHARAJA posts too much :lmao :lmao

Keep at it, Shiv :banderas

·
Registered
296 Posts
Don't you know you guys are all worked getting in a work. The longterm storyline in 2017 is everyone kept dropping the belt to avoid getting crushed by Rusev who was always rumored to be coming back from injury.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I just hope it means we at least get Rusev winning the belt out of it, that would make it somewhat tolerable as he's great, having him destroy Jinder at Summerslam would start to make up for this mess, if they don't use Jinder to give someone better a push though then the title is dead.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts