1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Re: 5* Wrestling sign deal with Channel 5 and Spike TV UK - WWE could potentially be number 3 in the UK

No, the WOW show was horrendous and WWE should have no concerns with it. This will likely be the same.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, the WOW show was horrendous and WWE should have no concerns with it. This will likely be the same.
I'm not talking show quality, and it wasn't that bad actually showed proper respect to the business and had good matches (less camera cuts and we'll be fine). It could be a cleveland steamer of a show, it still doesn't matter.

one off? series? live shows? pre-recorded?
More will be announced over the next few weeks. Keep your eyes out on the TV and Radio as well.

They've always wanted something to replace WCW Worldwide.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts
Re: 5* Wrestling sign deal with Channel 5 and Spike TV UK - WWE could potentially be number 3 in the UK

I'm not talking show quality, and it wasn't that bad actually showed proper respect to the business and had good matches (less camera cuts and we'll be fine). It could be a cleveland steamer of a show, it still doesn't matter.
Actually it does matter because if a show sucks than no one watches it and it dies.

I hope this show is a succusses and the UK scene and wrestling as a whole continues to grow and get more mainstream attention.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Actually it does matter because if a show sucks than no one watches it and it dies.

I hope this show is a succusses and the UK scene and wrestling as a whole continues to grow and get more mainstream attention.
I'm talking smart fans like us. You still get casuals in wrestling surprisingly.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts

WWE could be in serious danger because if there are two wrestling shows on free TV, it will definitely impact how many people want to pay for WWE.

The WOS show, as shit as it was, got much higher ratings than WWE has got in the UK in years, maybe ever?

The UK is one of WWE's main revenue streams after US and Canada. If they get pushed out of the scene here, its going to be a huge blow.

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,979 Posts

Me thinks the UK tournament is going to be batshit insane with a LOT of incredible matches and angles that gets the wrestling world buzzing.

Like I said I hope this show, and WOS are successful and its makes WWE kick shit into hyper drive. Interesting times ahead.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts

WWE are going to become the #1 in British wrestling over the course of this weekend and no amount of oner companies deals with UK based channels is going to change that.

However it's great news for the industry and us fans.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,376 Posts

:lmao @ WWE being anything but #1 in the UK for a long time.

·
Banned
4,268 Posts

Ok everyone, calm down. The WWE is not going to lose it's footing in the UK. its brand is far bigger and far stronger, especially on the international scene, than simply tv ratings. Sky has known WWE will only do around 300-500k viewers and its been that way for over a decade. SD might have done slightly higher viewers back in the day when it was broadcast on Sky 1.

ITV and Channel 5, with whatever promotion they push ahead with, have an uphill battle to climb in terms of gaining even 0.1% of the market recognition the WWE has, all the millions in deals with various sponsors and of course the PPV.

Having more TV viewers will not do much in all honesty.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts

Either way it is a good thing. If not for these developments WWE probably wouldn't have done UK tournament so it is a win/win for wrestling fans.

·
Getting molested by Bill DeMott
2,629 Posts

Should be very interesting to see how things play out in the UK scene over the next few months.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts

Ok everyone, calm down. The WWE is not going to lose it's footing in the UK. its brand is far bigger and far stronger, especially on the international scene, than simply tv ratings. Sky has known WWE will only do around 300-500k viewers and its been that way for over a decade. SD might have done slightly higher viewers back in the day when it was broadcast on Sky 1.

ITV and Channel 5, with whatever promotion they push ahead with, have an uphill battle to climb in terms of gaining even 0.1% of the market recognition the WWE has, all the millions in deals with various sponsors and of course the PPV.

Having more TV viewers will not do much in all honesty.

I don't know. Considering we have to pay £25 a month to watch all of WWE's latest content (network and Sky subscription) the idea of free wrestling on tv could be appealing to a lot of casual fans, especially if they get some ex WWE guys on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,828 Posts

5 Star Wrestling signed with Spike UK for a one off special so unless it does very well and they want to make a series I think WWE being in danger from it is pretty impossible. As for WWE in the UK when TNA had their deal with Challenge WWE already was 2nd over there because of being on a premium channel as opposed to a free one so this is hardly anything new.

·
Banned
4,268 Posts

I don't know. Considering we have to pay £25 a month to watch all of WWE's latest content (network and Sky subscription) the idea of free wrestling on tv could be appealing to a lot of casual fans, especially if they get some ex WWE guys on there.

Casual fans would not pay for the network and then pay for a skysports subscription just for wwe (a lot more than 25 quid anyway).

I just don't see how something with a budget only a fraction of the WWE is going to compete on a weekly basis with the WWE and its huge financial clout.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts

Casual fans would not pay for the network and then pay for a skysports subscription just for wwe (a lot more than 25 quid anyway).

I just don't see how something with a budget only a fraction of the WWE is going to compete on a weekly basis with the WWE and its huge financial clout.

Because it makes itself more accessible to the viewers

·
Registered
3,896 Posts

A lot of WWE's audience in the UK are kids who just like wrestling. Will parents pay a lot of money for their kids to watch wrestling when they have other wrestling shows available for free? I dont know. Its definitely going to eat into WWE's profits here somewhat, which is why they are so worried about it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts