Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 250 Posts

· Registered
67,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

- Overcoming all odds, Eric Young is STILL the reigning World Heavyweight Champion after Sacrifice! However, it won't get any easier for the champ as he has already promised that he will defend his World Championship again this coming Thursday! Who will Eric defend the gold against this Thursday on Impact?

- Also, what will happen on Thursday between Bully Ray and TNA President Dixie Carter after she cost him the Tables Match against Bobby Roode at Sacrifice? According to sources, Bully Ray is hellbent on delivering payback to Dixie this Thursday on IMPACT! What will happen with this potentially explosive situation? Will all hell break loose if Dixie shows up? Don't miss it this Thursday!

- Also on Thursday: The mysterious alter ego of Jeff Hardy, WILLOW, will be in action against "Cowboy" James Storm

- New TNA World Champions were crowned at Sunday's "Sacrifice" as The Wolves beat The BroMans and DJ Z to finally reclaim the Tag Team Championship, while Angelina Love defeated Madison Rayne to bring the Knockouts Championship back to the Beautiful People! The new champs will be on Thursday's huge broadcast, and The Beautiful People have promised a celebration to remember!

- Also on Thursday: What's next for Gunner after he defeated James Storm in the "I-Quit" match at Sacrifice? Have we seen the last of Samuel Shaw after he was committed to the mental hospital? Plus, the war between Kurt Angle and Ethan Carter III continues on Thursday - will Angle finally get his payback on EC3?

All this and much more on Thursday's can't-miss iMPACT broadcast as the road to the annual June "Slammiversary" epic event kicks off!
Robotic no spoilers jargon.

Discuss.

· Intoner
8,608 Posts
Re: 5/1/14 Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread - Fallout from when Dixie gave Bully wo

Hopefully there will be some Sam Shaw vignettes.

Reactions: N-Zone

· Registered
2,082 Posts
Re: 5/1/14 Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread - Fallout from when Dixie gave Bully wo

Ditto hoping for Sam Shaw vignettes. Willow vs. Storm could be a pretty fun feud if they wanna head down that direction. I didn't mind Dixie's character before Lockdown but everything since she's been back has been unbearable so I'm hoping her segments aren't too painful. Interested in seeing who EY defends against too.

· Intoner
8,608 Posts

upd:
photo was all over their website, now it's removed =(

· Registered
9,827 Posts

lmao @ "gave Bully wood" well played. I tried getting a "we want wood" chant at Slamm.

Also glad to see I am not the only one wanting more Shaw vignetts. I found the recent ones hilarious and think more would be good. It seems to me his character has much potential as they can go many ways with him. At the risk of bringing up another rip off idea, I would like when he returns for him to be KINDA, not exact but kinda like the Sting Crow bit just not in the rafters. Have Shaw pop up in the crowd or in the back behind shots of people being interviewed or when they show them walking. Let him be all creepy stalker like with numerous appearance before he finally attacks someone. Heck they could even do it where Christy confronts him and he says he is no longer interested in her as she is not good enough for him. This causing her to be hurt and jealous and maybe stalking him.

· Registered
1,156 Posts

I just realized this is the first post-PPV show that isn't live since I think Genesis 2013, even with all the cutbacks. I'd say the 6-man should be good, but recent history has shown TNA won't give it enough time. I think it's about time to get the Bro Mans and the Wolves away from each other soon, though I don't know who's next to challenge the Wolves. A certain permanent re-united heel team maybe? I dunno...I'm just throwing ideas out there. We'll see what they have in store for us tonight.

· Registered
9,827 Posts

I just realized this is the first post-PPV show that isn't live since I think Genesis 2013, even with all the cutbacks. I'd say the 6-man should be good, but recent history has shown TNA won't give it enough time. I think it's about time to get the Bro Mans and the Wolves away from each other soon, though I don't know who's next to challenge the Wolves. A certain permanent re-united heel team maybe? I dunno...I'm just throwing ideas out there. We'll see what they have in store for us tonight.
I think this is last or begining of end of Wolves/BroMens. If they did not have something after Wolves won people would complain as BroMens should get a rematch even though this is not really one. It is 6 man to set up Ion's chase of X title. I see EC3 and Spud or someone else going after belts.

· Banned
9,211 Posts

I think with Sam Shaw gimmick wise you have to have him do something extreme. He should be released from the mental institution after charming his way out of it (Psychopaths are fantastic liars and can fool almost anyone) and return to Impact. Have him kidnap Christy Hemme and hold her hostage in some secret, dark location and week to week have him cut promos mocking wrestlers etc. TNA gets the Police involved who are also mocked week to week as well. Shaw is a passable Actor so having him do this probably wouldn't be too hard and could even make for entertaining television.

Eventually you have Christy develop stockholm syndrome and claim she was never kidnapped and went willingly (Thus removing the Police from the equation) you don't use this mental illness as comedy like TNA has done in the past, you have a Psychiatrist (Actor) explain what it is on television with Jeremy Borash asking legitimate questions. Since there is no danger for Shaw anymore he returns to Impact where he's a wanted man by everyone on the roster. You have Christy's kayfabe boyfriend (A new debuting wrestler) come to Impact and challenge Shaw to a fight. On PPV, Shaw legitimately destroys Christy's ex boyfriend on PPV in a gimmick match (Yes TNA, that's how you use them) and you have Shaw go on a tear through TNA dominating anyone who crosses him.

Now, I know what you're all thinking. Very sports entertainment orientated but if Christy Hemme took some acting classes this could be an interesting angle. It wouldn't overtake the show (4-5 minutes a week) and you'd take Shaw to another level. The only issue would be with Spike TV but I'm sure they've aired much worse. You can't have Shaw doing small relatively innocent things anymore like taking a doll to the ring or trying to cut Christy's hair or whatever. If you want to have a psycho character you need to have him do extreme things and kidnapping a woman is pretty up there in terms of psychopathic moves.

In reality, Shaw's next appearance will probably be comedic segments within the Mental Asylum and the character will be ruined forever but I think him kidnapping Christy and brainwashing her would be very entertaining and relatively fresh as well.

· Registered
1,247 Posts

Yo that man who pushed bully had a nice rack.

1 - 20 of 250 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.