Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting this because I see a lot of complaining on here about the product and while some complaints on here is legit and the others is just idiotic.I'm not going to lie it's not at all perfect right now,but in some areas it has improved.

We have have seen new blood being pushed,there's just not a lot of main event guys right now.In '09 and '10 a lot of Main Event guys retired or are just part timer's, so of course it's not a a lot of them right now and i'ts going to take time to establish them.In '09 we had that stupid guest hosting and a computer for a gm along with those stupid Hornswoggle feuds. My only problem is the Mid card needs more story and I have a feeling that's about to improve,the tag division is well improved and at least the Diva matches have improved because those Kelly Kelly roll up pins were just annoying lol.

I will say this the commentary hasn't been much better since that time period.We have more new interesting characters than we did around that time period.Smackdown was better around that time at least in '09 anyway until Taker killed Punk's momentum,but look at Punk now he is no doubt one of the Top guys.

My question is this,is the product bad? or is just taking time to build back up because of the decisions made back in '09 and '10 time period?

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
It felt like it was getting better in 2011 and 2012 but now its like we are going back to the same old shit with Orton and Cena on top with HHH involved with the top programs and little development or building up of new headlining talent. They bury all there mid card by either having the top guys beat them or just have them loose to geeks like Santino. Think how better off the top of the card would be if they never gave up on Barrett, Ziggler, Mcintyre, Morrison and Cesaro. They seem to be rebuilding Cody after he squandered through 2012 after the Big Show loss. They still have this mentality of Cena is the only legit star and hes the only guy who fans like which is BS if you hear the reactions hes gotten for years. People are sick of the current direction of WWE and the constant rehashing of the same guys. We had someone in Bryan who got incredibly over and looked like they were going to put the rocket onto and push him to the moon only for him to become a third wheel in this HHH story and screwing him out of the title twice and now loosing to Orton in the Cell. They have their corporate mentality as to who the push and who looks good doing public media thats why they push who they push I mean the only reason Miz is still remoltley featured heavily still is because he does a lot of public relations work for them other than that the guy is fucking awful and hes one of the guys im glad they dropped off fast. I guess they are happy were they at making their $50 Million if profit every year when in reality they could be making so much more if they just took chances and went with guys the crowd was into and not people they feel are the real talents like a Del Rio.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
It felt like it was getting better in 2011 and 2012 but now its like we are going back to the same old shit with Orton and Cena on top with HHH involved with the top programs and little development or building up of new headlining talent. They bury all there mid card by either having the top guys beat them or just have them loose to geeks like Santino. Think how better off the top of the card would be if they never gave up on Barrett, Ziggler, Mcintyre, Morrison and Cesaro. They seem to be rebuilding Cody after he squandered through 2012 after the Big Show loss. They still have this mentality of Cena is the only legit star and hes the only guy who fans like which is BS if you hear the reactions hes gotten for years. People are sick of the current direction of WWE and the constant rehashing of the same guys. We had someone in Bryan who got incredibly over and looked like they were going to put the rocket onto and push him to the moon only for him to become a third wheel in this HHH story and screwing him out of the title twice and now loosing to Orton in the Cell. They have their corporate mentality as to who the push and who looks good doing public media thats why they push who they push I mean the only reason Miz is still remoltley featured heavily still is because he does a lot of public relations work for them other than that the guy is fucking awful and hes one of the guys im glad they dropped off fast. I guess they are happy were they at making their $50 Million if profit every year when in reality they could be making so much more if they just took chances and went with guys the crowd was into and not people they feel are the real talents like a Del Rio.
Yep, they can't get out of their comfort zone. Tried the Punk thing for quite a while but he didn't translate to ratings or buys or any mainstream appeal at all. Bryan is over Yes, in terms of crowds chanting and some shirts but they clearly don't trust him to be the guy. So it's back to the old Cena, Orton, HHH ways with Taker and Brock most likely added... living off the past like a slowly dying WCW, but you're right they are making money so they don't care. We suffer as fans, we've seen all this before. There is no new combination of matches for them to give us among the current main eventers unless Bryan is involved.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
Yep, they can't get out of their comfort zone. Tried the Punk thing for quite a while but he didn't translate to ratings or buys or any mainstream appeal at all. Bryan is over Yes, in terms of crowds chanting and some shirts but they clearly don't trust him to be the guy. So it's back to the old Cena, Orton, HHH ways with Taker and Brock most likely added... living off the past like a slowly dying WCW, but you're right they are making money so they don't care. We suffer as fans, we've seen all this before. There is no new combination of matches for them to give us among the current main eventers unless Bryan is involved.
They hid Punk in the semi main event of PPVs and Cena headlined nearly all of them. From Survivor Series 2011 to Rumble 2013 Punk headlined all of 5 Shows and I consider Main Eventing as the final match on the show so Punk in a 14 month title reign headlined the following shows

TLC 2011: Triple Threat TLC against Miz and Alberto Del Rio
Night Of Champions 2012: Against John Cena
Hell In A Cell 2012: Hell In A Cell against Ryback
Survivor Series 2012: Triple Threat Against John Cena and Ryback
Royal Rumble 2013: Against Rock

So as you can see out of his entrie 14 month reign Punk closed out only 5 shows and 2 involve Cena and one heavily involving Cena in the build despite being injured. Cena headlined the following shows during this time span

Survivor Series 2011: Tag Team Match with Rock against Miz and R-Truth
Elimination Chamber 2012: Ambulance Match Against Kane
WrestleMania 28: Against Rock
Extreme Rules 2012: Extreme Rules Match Against Brock Lesnar
Over The Limit 2012: Against John Laurinitis
No Way Out 2012: Steel Cage Match Against Big Show
Money In The Bank 2012: RAW Money In The Bank Ladder Match With Chris Jericho, Miz, Kane and Big Show
Night Of Champions 2012: WWE Title Match Against CM Punk
Survivor Series 2012: Triple Threat WWE Title Match Against CM Punk and Ryback
TLC 2012: Ladder Match For Money In The Bank Briefcase Against Dolph Ziggler.

So even without the title he headlined more shows than the actual champion and yes 2 of them matches included the title and champion but without Cena in them they do not headline that PPV. I don't mind Brock and Taker being used because its very little every year I mean Taker basically is working one match a year unless they really really need him to work some more he will. Brock works about 3 matches a year so hes not really taking much away from the roster. But when they plug in HHH to yet another storyline so he can look good thats when I get pissed and I am a HHH fan and even I hate the way they present him. But going back to Cena and Orton is just bullshit because its like 2007-2010 all over again and I can understand at that time using them as the top guys but now they have been on the main roster since 2002 and its just fucking old. Punk is pretty much a high mid card guy ala Chris Jericho and Bryan has lost all his momentum since he got hot in the Summer. But as I said they are happy making their $50 Million a year so until that drops big time I guess we are going to see the same old shit over and over again and plus Vince has his guys he likes to push and they are Cena, Orton, Sheamus and Del Rio.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
My question is this,is the product bad? or is just taking time to build back up because of the decisions made back in '09 and '10 time period?
its not the worth the price of admission at most, yeah not at least but at most........

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
The problem is they either don't know how to create new stars or they're completely unwilling to create new stars. They had Punk, Ryback, and Bryan all ripe for a major main event push and they failed to capitalize on all three.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
The problem is they either don't know how to create new stars or they're completely unwilling to create new stars. They had Punk, Ryback, and Bryan all ripe for a major main event push and they failed to capitalize on all three.
I think they just don't want to create new stars. Its not the size thing because Ryback fits the Vince mold of being a big guy. They just can't have anyone be a major star besides Cena.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
It's not so bad compared to 09/10. It's actually improved. And for the first time in a while, it looks like both Cena and Orton may be transitional champions.

·
Banned
1,492 Posts
About 15 years ago the show was edgy and full of stars that proved some awesome adult entertainment. I will admit that WWE threw a lot of shit against the wall, and not all of it stuck by any means... But it shocks me at how bad WWE is now. Just about everything is stale. I care nothing about the current WWE story lines now. I care nothing about who Randy Orton feuds with because he is a dull and wooden character, and he does nothing for me in the ring.

I care nothing about who Daniel Bryan feuds with. His win at SS is now WORTHLESS because of what has followed it. Poor booking and mediocre PPV matches with Randy Orton, along with a non exist title reign. Even Christian didn't get shafted this badly with his WHC "run". It is amazing that WWE managed to make a clean loss by Cena feel so worthless and unimportant now.

Oh, that's right... Bryan will get his big title moment at WM... Just like Punk got his WM main event. :no:

The truth is, they fucked up Punk's 2011 run, and why would it be any different with Bryan? Sorry, I can't see the same thing happen over and over again and still keep expecting to see something different.

I really hate that I came back to the WWE in 2010... Maybe I really only watch because not much on TV appeals to me anyway. But the WWE is like my basketball team... I want them to be relocated so that letting go of them will be much easier.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Everyone on here has a point,but I feel like I have seen worst than the current product.I am an Orton fan and he's very entertaining given the right story, him and Cena don't need the belt,but they always make it feel important to have the belt. This is the first time Orton has been WWE champ since 2010 and Cena has brought back prestige to that gold belt. Cena & Orton aen't really old yet like those guys in WCW, besides age in wrestling isn't that important because look how old Eddie Guerrero was when he became champ.

There will be new Main Event guys, but the booking has to improve some more because I see the potential.I just think it goes back to '09 & '10 when no new talent was even thought of period.

·
Registered
915 Posts
About 15 years ago the show was edgy and full of stars that proved some awesome adult entertainment. I will admit that WWE threw a lot of shit against the wall, and not all of it stuck by any means... But it shocks me at how bad WWE is now. Just about everything is stale. I care nothing about the current WWE story lines now. I care nothing about who Randy Orton feuds with because he is a dull and wooden character, and he does nothing for me in the ring.

I care nothing about who Daniel Bryan feuds with. His win at SS is now WORTHLESS because of what has followed it. Poor booking and mediocre PPV matches with Randy Orton, along with a non exist title reign. Even Christian didn't get shafted this badly with his WHC "run". It is amazing that WWE managed to make a clean loss by Cena feel so worthless and unimportant now.

Oh, that's right... Bryan will get his big title moment at WM... Just like Punk got his WM main event. :no:

The truth is, they fucked up Punk's 2011 run, and why would it be any different with Bryan? Sorry, I can't see the same thing happen over and over again and still keep expecting to see something different.

I really hate that I came back to the WWE in 2010... Maybe I really only watch because not much on TV appeals to me anyway. But the WWE is like my basketball team... I want them to be relocated so that letting go of them will be much easier.
Agreed. I'm feeling the same.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree,WWE messed up the CM punk storyline,but Punk's push picked back up after that.I still say '09 & '10 was worst because they didn't push anyone new really except The Miz. 2010 there was a Jerry Lawler vs The Miz match for the WWE title lol.

·
Banned
615 Posts
It's not so bad compared to 09/10. It's actually improved. And for the first time in a while, it looks like both Cena and Orton may be transitional champions.
Didn't Orton win the World title in 2004 against Benoit only to lose it to HHH? And didn't Cena win the WWE title from Miz in 2011 only to lose it to CM Punk?

·
my socks are wet
2,971 Posts
I stopped watching right after Wrestlemania 23 and didn't start again till I heard The Rock had returned in 2011. I am glad I was not watching in that time inbetween as it seems like it was a low point.

·
wrap
9,027 Posts
It's gotten better from a few years ago. '07 and '10 were very bad years for the WWE. The product was at its peak in the last few years in the summer, and went to pretty low levels recently, but will go back up in coming months, probably.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.