Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the most shocking heel turns ever happened 3 years ago today.

In the time I was shocked that Seth is the one did it I thought Roman will be the one to do even I thought about Dean but never thought of Seth to do it but after 3 years I can see why Seth did it and he did it in almost perfect way.

I still think they rushed it at the time specially that they just have beaten Evolution and could have great momentum going on and their face turn was still in the beginning.

After 3 years, what do you think of it now and what happened later with the 3 of them?

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Meh

It was shocking & I hated him for it but everything following WM31 was an absolute dud, then what should've been the easiest face turn & feud with HHH to book in years it was beyond terrible, now he's just slapping towelie every week :shrug

·
Banned
863 Posts
WWE fucked it up WWE Style. I still think Dean should have been the one to turn on Reigns and Rollins, WWE have ruined natural alignments just for a surprise.

Reactions: Ace

·
Banned
6,852 Posts
They should have stayed a group at least for a few more months.

That's being said all 3 men have had very successful careers thus far and are making millions.

Definitely a big moment in WWE history.

Reactions: RollinsHardyStyles

·
Registered
327 Posts
Batista was right, it happened too soon. They should have done a bigger story with the Shield vs the Wyatts during the summer for starters and progressed into the main-event scene while still being together before splitting up due to jealousy and stuff like that.. What happened was they decided to pull the trigger for the shock value of it and because they wanted to fast track Reigns into becoming "the guy". Also think they were a tad overrated by the end, their impact on the industry isn't that great, it's very overstated. They'll be remembered for their debut and a few great matches, but from the way WWE go on about them you'd swear they changed the business.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
one of the most shocking ever? I wasnt all that bothered tbh, I dont think they had long enough to build a strong bond between them to make the implosion anything particularly shocking, it was building for a number of months with seth walking out on them etc so it was hardly out of the blue, had he simply turned with no prior warning it wouldve been somewhat more effective.

Reactions: DarkLady and Ace

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
One of the most shocking heel turns ever happened 3 years ago today.

In the time I was shocked that Seth is the one did it I thought Roman will be the one to do even I thought about Dean but never thought of Seth to do it but after 3 years I can see why Seth did it and he did it in almost perfect way.

I still think they rushed it at the time specially that they just have beaten Evolution and could have great momentum going on and their face turn was still in the beginning.

After 3 years, what do you think of it now and what happened later with the 3 of them?
Interesting.

The guy who was the least protected in the group, turned out to be the most popular and engaging.

The guy who was the most protected in the group, turned out to be the worst drawing top guy in history of the professional wrestling business. He also drives away fans from the product more so than Cena did.

The guy with the most flashiest moveset proved to be someone who just doesnt psychology and makes all of his matches look fake and contrived.

Bravo WWE :clap

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,544 Posts
I wouldn't come back to watch the product until Oct of that year, after an unwanted absence of four years and some months.

At that time was entertained with the World Cup, and GTA 5...

Roman still sucks.:smile2:

Reactions: Ace

·
Baby Yoda
30,149 Posts
Batista was right, it happened too soon. They should have done a bigger story with the Shield vs the Wyatts during the summer for starters and progressed into the main-event scene while still being together before splitting up due to jealousy and stuff like that.. What happened was they decided to pull the trigger for the shock value of it and because they wanted to fast track Reigns into becoming "the guy". Also think they were a tad overrated by the end, their impact on the industry isn't that great, it's very overstated. They'll be remembered for their debut and a few great matches, but from the way WWE go on about them you'd swear they changed the business.
This.

I don't think they'll hold up well unless the WWE continue to bring them up every few years for the next 50 years.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
I think the idea of Seth, out of the three, turning on his Shield brothers to join forces with HHH is the "shocking" part. Considering they had been in a brutal feud with Evolution prior.

I enjoyed the Shield when they were around, but WWE really doesn't need to do, "it's been this many years since..." every single year.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Good lord. So many people here claiming it wasn't shocking, next people will be saying they knew it was coming and knew it would be Seth :rolleyes:

We have so many pointless threads here that a thread about what was a huge moment in the new era shouldn't be a problem.

Whether you want to admit it or not The Shield and ultimately their breakup was important and WWE wouldn't be the same if it hadn't happened.

I adore the boys as singles competitors of course but I'll always have a place in my heart for The Shield. They broke them up too early, their face run wasn't nearly as long as it should have been.

Reactions: Bushmaster

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
I remember the turn and the immediate events following it. One guy went to have a grueling feud with the guy that betrayed them while the other went to chase the title and it became even more obvious what the purpose of the Shield was :Rollins2

Started off fantastic and fresh then went downhill after Survivor Series.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts