Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Drew Mcintyre - He is doing nothing on Raw. I rarely see him and he has so much potential to be a top heel. He can easily be turned into a real contender here on Smackdown.

2. Mason Ryan - HE IS THE NEXT BATISTA. Looks like him and has a bright future if he can polish up on his in ring ability ( something he's been criticized for. He will get pushed. Vince loves the guys. It remains to be seen if his push will come on raw or smackdown.

3. Alex Riley - IMO he his better than both swagger and dolph ziggler. he can become a top face on Smackdown andn he brings some excitement. ( His theme is great to ).

What do you guys think can help SD's ratings other
than bringing in superstars from raw?

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
1. Drew Mcintyre - He is doing nothing on Raw. I rarely see him and he has so much potential to be a top heel. He can easily be turned into a real contender here on Smackdown.

2. Mason Ryan - HE IS THE NEXT BATISTA. Looks like him and has a bright future if he can polish up on his in ring ability ( something he's been criticized for. He will get pushed. Vince loves the guys. It remains to be seen if his push will come on raw or smackdown.

3. Alex Riley - IMO he his better than both swagger and dolph ziggler. he can become a top face on Smackdown andn he brings some excitement. ( His theme is great to ).

Widening the roster =/= increase in ratings.

Bryan, Barrett, etc... can barely get on Smackdown as it is.

The only real answers to solving Smackdown's ratings problems would be.... switching the time/day, sending Cena over, or having the Rock come back semi-full time on Smackdown.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Okay, but when are you going to mention the 3 Raw Superstars that will help with the SD ratings?
I laughed.

None of those guys are helping ratings.
I would like to see Drew on Smackdown, or doing SOMETHING worthwhile.

Ryan could be decent once he learns how to wrestle.

I've all but given up on Riley. I'll give him another chance once he turns heel again, because he might be the worst face in the company and that's saying something.

There's not really anything wrong with Smackdown's ratings anyway, but none of these guys are going to help them.

You'd need to move someone much higher if you wanted a chance at improved ratings. Maybe shift The Awesome Truth to Smackdown.
Switching the day and going live would probably help the most, but I doubt the WWE nor SyFy are bothered by the ratings right now.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Unless Smackdown moves days and goes live, roster changes won't help Smackdown. There aren't that many people who are going to watched a taped show on Friday.

John Morrison needs to move to Smackdown because he's doing nothing on Raw but getting closer to being future endeavored. Same with Alex Riley. R-Truth and The Miz need to move over to bring more top heels to the show.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
None of these people would cause ratings to increase lol, sure it might be good for their careers and they might get more TV time, but that doesn't mean ratings would increase.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
In exactly "what" is Alex Riley so good? He has a good gimmick or character? He has one, at least???
Riley has a good entrance theme. That's all he has going for him right now. Claiming that he's better than Swagger and Ziggler should be grounds for being banned from the internet.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
In exactly "what" is Alex Riley so good? He has a good gimmick or character? He has one, at least???
I think a lot of people liked that he beat up The Miz. But to be honest, anyone could have done what Riley did and gotten massive pops because The Miz is that great as a heel. He can put anyone over. Other that that, he doesn't done anything and I haven't been impressed with his promo work or his in ring skills. The more I see him, the more I think he lacks some sort of charisma or it factor to really make him more than a midcarder.

·
Registered
6,430 Posts
nah i would like to see drew on smackdown but it wont help improve ratings
hell even the number two face of the COMPANY cant bring up the ratings
and really alex riley better than ziggler? he is not even better than swagger
he may be better mic wise but thats it
he botches a lot and i just couldnt stand him with the miz and i still dont like him though he has an awesome theme...
for smackdown to get better ratings they need a new timeslot
friday is just horrible for a wrestling show
go live on thursday or tuesday though i would say thursday is better cause 3 shows (with ppv) may be too much
w

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,747 Posts
Just bringing superstars over to SD is not going to help ratings, unless its Cena and thats not happening. I agree with the other posters who said I don't think SyFy or the WWE are that concerned about the SD ratings at this point anyways, but if they did want the ratings to improve they would need to make the show live and move it to tuesday nights.

·
Registered
75 Posts

Agreed. Except, Riley better than Ziggler? Come on. You can debate Swagger though.

Riley is good. But not Ziggler good.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
I doubt any of these guys have that big of a following that can affect ratings

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
I'd send The Miz over there to become the main guy on the brand 'til Undertaker's back, they'll never move there top draw onto the B show, Punk needs to remain on Raw to keep his momentum and popularity rising, so the only person left who's capable of attracting people to the show is The Miz. They'd have to put him in the sort of position that he was in when he was WWE champion though, if they do the same thing that they're doing with him now then moving him would be pretty meaningless. Put Rey Mysterio back on SD! when he's back as well, Raw hasn't needed him since Punk turned face and he's still a big attraction. They don't really need anybody after that tbh.

Unfortunately, Mysterio is apparently out until next year whilst The Miz is in the middle of this storyline with HHH which will probably last 'til SS, so it looks like they're pretty much fucked until The Undertaker comes back

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
If they want better ratings and attendance, they should abolish the brand split but still let Orton/Henry be the main story on Smackdown. Have Cena, Punk and Del Rio only continue their storyline but not add anything major too it. Save it for Raw.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts