Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/3-shot-at-vigil-for-memphis-teen-killed-by-stray-bullet/

3 shot at vigil for Memphis teen killed by stray bullet

MEMPHIS -- Three people were shot Monday night at a vigil to honor a teen killed by a stray bullet, reports CBS affiliate WREG.

The shooting happened around 8 p.m. at the vigil for Myneisha Johnson, an 18-year-old killed by a stray bullet in 2016 in downtown Memphis. Johnson was the mother of a one-year-old child and was scheduled to graduate high school before she was shot and killed. Friends had gathered to mark the one-year anniversary of her death.

Witnesses say as soon as they started lighting candles, two cars pulled up and the occupants started shooting at each other. One witness told WREG she heard 20 gunshots.

Police said one of the victims is in critical condition and two others are noncritical. Police originally said there was a fourth victim but later said they could only confirm three who were shot; they are checking local hospitals for any other victims, the station reports.

Police think the shots were fired from vehicles but have not confirmed that yet, according to WREG. So far, there have been no arrests.
Why does this happen so often, people getting shot at memorial services for someone shot to death? How hard is it to not shoot people during a memorial service, for fucks sake.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Disgusting. Thoughts go out to all suffering from this tragedy. I'm starting to think we're broken as a species.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Memphis, once a great city, seems to be seeing its "bad part" continue to swell in size, and that bad part is unfortunately highly similar to an all-out war zone.

Reactions: MillionDollarProns

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
It all really makes sense when you look at it. See one group of guys live on or around one street and like to dress in one color. Then another group live on or around another street and like to dress in another color. So obviously they have to hate and try and kill each other. I mean, what else can they do. >:)

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,816 Posts
Reactions: NasJayz

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
It's simply wrong place and wrong time. Sadly someone innocent lost their life and their life was being remembered. Sad. When will people just learn that there is always another option? People are blinded by hate and poverty. I realize how tough it is, but when you hear things like this it's just terrible thing always. My condolences to all of those affected by this senseless act of violence. What the fuck people?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts