Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your 3 main problems or criticms with current WWE product as a whole?

Please go in debt with the criticisms or problems you have with the product Discuss.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
PG Bullshit
shitty storylines
barely any real talent that isnt from the Attitude era
1. Elaborate.
2. I'll give you that one in some cases.
3. 80% of this generations youth movement says hi.

I said this before, yes I would like the mild swearing, blood and TV14 back. But i'm tuning into Raw every Monday night and i'm certainly enjoying it, so WWE isn't doing that much wrong in my books.

·
Registered
48 Posts
1. Lack of stables and tag teams
2. Lack of gimmicks and any real character development for the majority of the roster
3. The brand split

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
- I don't give a shit about anybody on NXT (or probably Tough Enough) because they all look and perform exactly the fucking same. Give them more time to develop their skills and an actual character before hurling them onto a televised show.

- I know times are changing and old school ways are being phased out, but please stop handing the world title to rookies just because they have some good qualities to them. I thought Lesnar was a learning experience in that regard.

- That's really it for me, actually.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
1. Build up your mid-card wrestlers (and tag teams for that matter)

Give your mid-carders time to shine, don’t all of sudden do it when your back is against the corner, build up your mid-card division so the audience can really care about them as much as your main guys like John Cena, Randy Orton etc. There is a reason why in the previous era’s that the crowd gave a damn about the mid-carders cause each individual had their respective air time and storylines. That’s why guys like Christian is getting mediocre ovations now cause you (WWE) not doing anything with him by being directionless.

2. Enough with the heroic generic Face characters.

One of the most things that annoys me in this watered down era is that 95% of the Face superstars has the same hero style generic character. Every last one of them other then The Undertaker and Triple H. Orton is slowly heading to that direction himself with all the more smiling and posing etc. It’s just getting ridiculous, does Orton still got an edge for his character? no doubt but everyone and their grandmother can see that they soften Orton character up a little. I’m going to quote an old post I did a couple of days ago and it will explain perfectly.

Basically every babyface superstar of today’s product, every last one of them has the same exact character of being a heroic Face. People talking about how they are sick of seeing Evan Bourne having his smile pasted on his face 24/7, please. That’s every Face in the company minus The Undertaker, Triple H and Randy Orton. (Orton is actually heading into that direction to be honest but Ill get to him later)

Every last one of the babyface characters are always generic, heroic, smiling and has no personality for themselves. They have no identity to their characters, I don’t know why WWE decide to go this route just cause it’s PG.

I mean the whole feud with John Morrison/Sheamus was the simple fact that Morrison saw Sheamus as a bully. What the hell? really? John Morrison is suppose to be a cocky rock-star and think’s he is the shit but now he is trying to be earth’s hero? to fight and protect the innocent?. Why would Morrison give a flying fuck if Sheamus acting like a big bully? That’s not his concern, I can see The Hurricane doing that type of thing but Morrison? Wow. That’s why the Heels are often loved on here and to be honest I can see why cause majority of the Face wrestlers have the same exact character.

When wrestlers who were previously great Heels such as MVP, John Morrison, Kozlov, Mark Henry etc. they were stripped from everything-from personality to attitude and the traits that made them stood out differently from one another. They had identity but they became a generic Face like the rest. When the wrestlers who are now Faces try to reinvent themselves , WWE don’t even give them the solid time to do it and MVP definitely suffered the most from this.

That’s one of the reasons why WWE is so mediocre now today and that’s why people will always kill for the previous era‘s to return cause the character development of today is pathetic. Crash Holly had more personality and character in his finger then 95% of the Face superstars of today.
The Faces of today needs to seriously stop being so damn heroic and generic and actually have their own identity/characters immediately.

3. Stop using the WWE and World titles as props.

Stop trashing the prestige titles, just cause today’s era is mediocre don’t treat the titles like them as well. Don’t throw a title on a wrestler just to get him over, not ready for it or cause he has celebrity status. (Sheamus, The Miz, Jack Swagger etc.) I call that being lazy to build up your stars of tomorrow. I’m not even a Wade Barrett fan and far away from it but I’m very surprised that he is not a champion or a former World Champion yet cause unlike the other three (especially that fool Miz), he deserves it.

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Building/Hyping - Wrestlers and PPV's simply arent built properly anymore. Swagger, Sheamus etc. Now I'm a big fan of Sheamus, but his first title victory ruined him for a short time. PPV's simply aren't being hyped and it's affecting the WWE's buyrates yet they refuse to do anything about it.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
1. Poor use/underuse of younger talent/Overpush of big names.

2. Storylines that are at the best boring and at worse, painful

3. Watering down of the divisions

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
Alot of it has to do with their booking & execution.

1) Bad Acting = Alot of the backstage segments in WWE these days are just cringe worthy. Either let them speak for themselves and create their own material or give them a damn acting coach. You can't expect these guys to act out scripted dialogue word for word if they have no experience or training in doing so. And it really hurts shows & promos when I just don't believe a word of what the guy is saying.

2) The "Comedy" = It frightens me that Vince finds things like Leprechauns, The Cobra, and the Compu-GM to be funny or compelling television. Whenever they do comedy bits, it is so horribly executed with absolutely no sense of timing or skill. The Comedic matrial is dreadful most of the time. Now an example of great comedy in wrestling, to me, was The Mountie being carted off to Jail at Summerslam 1991. It was believable that this loudmouthed punk was upset over his situation, and everything that happened seem to happen naturally. If WWE was doing it now, they'd have an awkward pause in between "jokes" in order to wait for a laugh that will only come from 10% of the audience. They'll have over exaggerated goofball mannerisms & expressions, so the Cops would probably mug for the camera.

3) No Long Term Planning = When WWE pulled the trigger on Edge/Hardy just a couple weeks after Hardy's return, when they had Punk drop the title to Taker, or when they rush feuds to gimmick match theme PPVs, or rush programs to a conclusion, or seemingly pile on stuff to Nexus in a vain attempt to keep the story going, it gives me the impression that WWE doesn't have any kind of long term planning or storyline care. Like I said with Nexus, I feel like they go "OK, how can we keep this thing going" once a week, as to already knowing where its going to go. ook at tonight's Raw. They rushed Miz & Morrison for the title to TV, again, displaying no kind of plan or long term care put into any of it. Usually if there is a long build up to something, its because a legit injury somehow got worked in and it kept one of the guys off TV for 6 months anyway.

Look at ROH, and look at what they did with Steen & Generico. THAT is how you do a long term storyline/feud. True ROH doesn't operate under the once a month PPV format, but WWE (and TNA as well) shoot themselves in the foot all the time anyway by blowing good stuff on TV. Now look at Hogan/Sting from WCW 97. THAT is how you do a long term feud. They found ways to make the feud an exciting part of their television program, and they managed to hold off on the match for over a year.

·
Registered
648 Posts
1. Pushing mic workers instead of great in ring workers. Christian and Shelton Benjamin should have been champ long before Miz ever even touched the belt

2. No more blood. I never was crazy about seeing blood every week, but it would add to big PPV matches if guys were still able to bleed. Don't agree? Imagine Wade Barrett juicing in his match with Cena at TLC, and how that would have augmented the feel of Cena getting his revenge, then get back to me

3. The Diva's division. Seriously, some of these girls are so bad I'm afraid they are going to botch and legit hurt each other. WWE should either make the Divas valets, or bring in some actual wrestlers to carry these girls to decent matches (Gail Kim can't carry the division herself)

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
1. Pushing mic workers instead of great in ring workers. Christian and Shelton Benjamin should have been champ long before Miz ever even touched the belt

2. No more blood. I never was crazy about seeing blood every week, but it would add to big PPV matches if guys were still able to bleed. Don't agree? Imagine Wade Barrett juicing in his match with Cena at TLC, and how that would have augmented the feel of Cena getting his revenge, then get back to me

3. The Diva's division. Seriously, some of these girls are so bad I'm afraid they are going to botch and legit hurt each other. WWE should either make the Divas valets, or bring in some actual wrestlers to carry these girls to decent matches (Gail Kim can't carry the division herself)
Exactly,I would also add no more tag team wrestling and bad storylines.

·
Banned
282 Posts
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

This is directed toward everyone, but more so the mid-card scene. The lack of character development in the mid-card is really preventing guys from ever getting pushed. They're not developing the mannerisms, signature moves, catchphrases, etc. to get over with the crowd. The crowd cannot identify with any of these characters, and their not being implemented into storylines where they can get the appropriate time to build these character. The presentation isn't their, the gimmicks aren't there, etc.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Exactly,I would also add no more tag team wrestling and bad storylines.
*nods* If I had gone up to a top 5 list those would have been 4 and 5. I so miss a good tag team division, and most storylines blow nowadays

·
Registered
621 Posts
WWE has one main problem - lack of talent. Whether it will be creative, acting, wrestling, there just isn't enough talent in this company.

·
Registered
364 Posts
No storylines,no edgines,no intensity,no tag team division,divas division is a joke,no character development,no gimmics,generic characters,generic faces,lack of originality,lack of intrigue,lack of blood (Hell in a cell and Extreme rules lol),forced and robotic mic work with no passion or importance whatsoever,.................................

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I'm pretty happy with WWE right now except for the backstage and comedy segments and short matches. Short matches are ok but not when EVERY match on the show is 2 to 5 mins long. I'm surprised they had some long ones this week.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm pretty happy with WWE right now except for the backstage and comedy segments and short matches. Short matches are ok but not when EVERY match on the show is 2 to 5 mins long. I'm surprised they had some long ones this week.
Lol,when did you start watching WWE?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts