Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://prowrestling.net/article.php...ust-The-Bella-Twins-vs.-Paige-and-Naomi-41334

1. Goldust beat Stardust. There were loud taunts of "Cody" from kids and adults. A good opener that kept the crowd engaged throughout the match. Goldust won with a snap slam.

2. The Prime Time Players over Adam Rose and Heath Slater. Rose had roughly six Rosebuds that walked out with him, but they did not remain at ringside. Darren Young sold for his team to set up the hot tag to Titus O'Neil. Solid tag match that went a couple minutes longer than it needed to.

3. Adrian Neville over Curtis Axel. Axel received a big hometown reaction and "AxelMania" chants. He also wished his son Brock a happy birthday before the match. He seemed to be the heel, though, as he took a cheap shot at Neville. The crowd didn't view either guy as a heel and Neville's athleticism won him over by the end of the match. Neville used his Red Arrow finisher, which really impressed the crowd. Axel shook Neville's hand and did was still pointing to him in a respectful manner as he was walking to the back.

4. Zack Ryder beat Brad Maddox. Ryder didn't get much of a reaction and didn't seem all that concerned with trying to change that before the match started. Maddox is cut and has longer hair on top. He heeled it up by making the referee hold off Ryder while he removed a pair of warmup shorts and then a hooded shirt. He acted like he had trouble removing the shirt. I could relate with his character, as this occurred roughly ten minutes after I had legitimate trouble pulling my arm out of my new hooded sweatshirt. Anyway, Ryder got a favorable reaction when he went over clean, mostly because Maddox turned the crowd against him by that point.

5. Rusev beat Jack Swagger and Ryback in a Triple Threat to retain the United States Championship. Lana was not with Rusev. In fact, she was missing on a night when the world is wondering why Vladimir Putin has been out of the public eye. Coincidence? Anyway, Ryback and Swagger teamed up on Rusev to start like the cowardly Americans they are. Oh, wait... Ryback and Swagger's catchphrases were over with the crowd and they had a moment where they did dueling catchphrases. Rusev made Swagger submit to The Accolade while Ryback was at ringside. Ryback got the better of Rusev afterward to please the crowd heading into intermission.

Intermission

6. Paige and Naomi over The Bella Twins. It was encouraging to see the crowd was into the match. I've seen plenty of Divas matches over the years that led to fans racing for the concession stands, but this definitely held the interest of the fans. I was especially impressed by Nikki Bella, who just looks so much more confident in the ring than she did in the past. Paige ended up pinning the Divas Champion.

7. Jimmy Uso beat The Miz (w/Mizdow). Miz was a riot with his pre-match taunting of Mizdow and the crowd. Mizdow played his part very well and the crowd was into the fun comedy. Uso was not introduced, so I had not idea whether it was Jimmy or Jey until Jimmy was announced as the winner.

8. John Cena and Randy Orton beat Seth Rollins and Bray Wyatt. Rollins had his ribs taped, presumably to sell the beating he took on Raw, which was a nice touch. Orton received a big star reaction, but Cena was the star and received the strongest the best reaction of the night by far. There were some dueling Cena chants that seemed to be started by the same fans, but this was clearly a pro-Cena crowd. Cena was energetic during the entrances and pre-match play, but then he applied a headlock early before going into sell mode. In the end, Orton hit an RKO on Rollins and pinned him.
from Jason Powell Of Prowrestling.Net who attended

* Goldust beat Stardust

* The Prime Time Players beat Adam Rose and Heath Slater

* Adrian Neville beat Curtis Axel with Red Arrow. Axel got a big pop when he was announced from Minneapolis. He did an entertaining Axelmania promo.

* Zack Ryder beat Brad Maddox with a Rough Ryder. There was nothing special at all here.

* Rusev without Lana retained the US Title over Ryback and Jack Swagger in a Triple Threat. Rusev got huge heat for a pre-match promo. Rusev made Swagger tap out for the win and tried to keep him down after the match but Ryback made the save. This whole segment was good.

* Paige and Naomi beat The Bella Twins when Paige hit the Rampaige on Nikki Bella and Naomi hit the Rearview on Brie.

* Jimmy Uso beat The Miz. Damien Sandow was awesome here. He ended up distracting Miz by acting like he wanted to fight and Jimmy hit a super kick for the win. Mizdow was one of the most over on the whole show.

* John Cena and Randy Orton defeated Seth Rollins and Bray Wyatt in a solid main event. Cena got beat down most of the match until Orton got the tag. Orton hit a RKO on Rollins while Cena hit the Attitude Adjustment on Wyatt for the finish.
wrestlinginc

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
Axel received a big hometown reaction and "AxelMania" chants. He also wished his son Brock a happy birthday before the match.

Axelmania running wild!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I though about going but I passed.

No Ambrose, Bryan, or Reigns, meh.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I thought Maddox was f*cked after getting his ass handed to him by The Rock?

Sorry i meant "A" Rock.

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
Do Cena and Bryan flip a coin on who gets their girlfriend/wife for their house show? Since the Bellas's are a packaged deal you can't split them up.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Passion for wrestling, strong work ethic, and the crowd actually reacts to their finishing moves. So more in common than that other tag team (PaiJ), which isn't much of a logical pairing to begin with.
I don't get it Leonardo, I thought that by now you dislike Paige, yet you're prasing her.

·
Banned
11,717 Posts
" I could relate with his character, as this occurred roughly ten minutes after I had legitimate trouble pulling my arm out of my new hooded sweatshirt"

:ha

·
I swear to god I had something for this...
3,755 Posts
Passion for wrestling, strong work ethic, and the crowd actually reacts to their finishing moves. So more in common than that other tag team (PaiJ), which isn't much of a logical pairing to begin with.
So Naomi, who still hasn't gotten how to work matches, and has an awful finisher. Middle of the road diva popularity, and virtually no interaction with Paige in WWE. That makes more sense than teaming her with the most popular/2nd most popular(depending on your view)diva, who also have a history?

Please tell me how that makes sense to put Naomi in this feud instead of AJ.

I don't get it Leonardo, I thought that by now you dislike Paige, yet you're prasing her.
He's, first & foremost, anti-AJ. He'll praise anyone if it means putting down AJ.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
Damn dude, quite a stacked card. At least compared to the show I went to the day before...

Erick Rowan def. Fandango
Lucha Dragons def. Tyler Breeze & Bo Dallas
R-Truth def. Luke Harper
Emma & Natalya def. Summer Rae & Sasha Banks
Roman Reigns unfortunately def. Big Show
The New Day def. The Ascension
Dean Ambrose def. Wade Barrett via DQ
Daniel Bryan def. Kane in a Street Fight
I was really hopin to see Rusev at my show, but without Lana though? Might pass for Bryan :lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.