Wrestling Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1284 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Re: 3/14 Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread. LIVE from Chicago - The Lockdown Afterma

I too was pissed about this, i thought it was a commercial for Worlds Worst Tenants and was wondering why it was so fucking long.
:lmao

----

And I don't think that we will see Bully/Hogan. I would expect Hogan to have a proxy to wrestle Bully. But that could just be because that's what I'd prefer. People are still talking about what it would be like if Hogan came back to WWE so there are, apparently, some people who would want to see it, but no indeed. Not this viewer.

Shows after a PPV are ALWAYS promo heavy. Been like that for the past 20 years.

The wrestling was limited, but the main event was a good 15 minutes at least. Storm and Daniels had a decent match too.

The whole point of the show was to show the strength of Aces and Eights, which they did.
I agree. So many times I've seen people counting ratings and saying how storylines mean ratings. I've seen people say that a rating is down because the episode(s) was action-heavy. Well, which one should it be? :no:

---

And excessive commercials are one reason why I don't watch television. Talk about a bathroom break. I don't have that much water in me.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Re: 3/14 Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread. LIVE from Chicago - The Lockdown Afterma

That's all any wrestling show ever needs, also butt and boob camera shots. :cool:
The Knockout match had plenty of that

·
Banned
7,973 Posts

Worlds Worst Tenants. Ive seen a few episodes which are always hilarious. Some ppl are crazy.
It's funny because all the reenactment are so cheesy.

Looking forward to this AJ storyline.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts

so i am guessng team TNA vs a&8....TNA wins or a&8 magically disbands and goes away like mafia. im sick of tna factions and no pay off or progress.

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts

My asshole Iranian neighbour needs to be on this tenants show.

To get a 'dark' turn over AJ needs to start showing some real violence, start attacking random people, friends and enemies and really obliterate them. He just looks like Jim Halpert with that floppy hair

Why would Spike push back Bellator MMA for this shit housebuilding show? What the hell is this right now? Spike is retarded. TNA needs to get off this network.
Bellator dont have enough of a roster to have a show every single week, this current run is a tournament and is taking a break before going into its final stages.

·
Registered
212 Posts

The amount of commercial breaks was absolutely ridiculous. That's the kind of thing that will make people just download the show and won't that negatively affect ratings?

A few other concerns:

-The audio fucked up several times, and the cuts to commercial break seemed very...abrupt and off putting for the mot part.
-I hope the lack of action isn't what they're gonna be doing on the live shows so they have enough people with enough left in the tank to tape the next week's show immediately after.
-That ending was poorly done. The brawl dragged on and got stale, it was like, 'okay now what do we do?' and the way the show went off the air was again weird and abrupt like the commercial breaks. And the announcers didn't even say 'good night folks' or ANYTHING to indicate the show was going off the air. You could almost think they were cutting to another commercial break if not for the time.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts

They could've just given Aries-Sting till past the commercial break.

·
Charismatic Enigma
4,103 Posts
A lot of people point towards AJ being a modern day crow sting and it seems likely, with TNA's own spin on it. If AJ were to actually talk anytime soon he'll remind us that he's not on anyones side, he's doing what he wants. Interested in how he'll transition into going against the aces

·
Administrator
59,121 Posts

TNA brawls do tend to last until the next morning like Hispanic block parties.

Wrestling shows are always promo heavy after PPVs because they are either starting new feuds, or continuing the fall out of what happened at the PPV. In some cases it's a transition show to next week. Nothing wrong with it as long as what's presented on the current show is entertaining.

4,547 Posts

The production woes are a consistent TNA issue. I have no clue why they have such trouble with basics but it is what it is. I almost find it a bit endearing. Almost.

Overall, the show was ok. There were some strong segments; Kaz and Daniels were brilliant as usual, Aries seems able to get the best out of Sting, Park promo and, finally, the Aces&8s being shown as strong rather than as a club of goofy jobbers. I've had more fun watching Impact than I did tonight, but if they can keep bringing in crowds like they had in Chicago then they'll start seeing more interest.

·
Registered
212 Posts

The production woes are a consistent TNA issue. I have no clue why they have such trouble with basics but it is what it is. I almost find it a bit endearing. Almost.

Overall, the show was ok. There were some strong segments; Kaz and Daniels were brilliant as usual, Aries seems able to get the best out of Sting, Park promo and, finally, the Aces&8s being shown as strong rather than as a club of goofy jobbers. I've had more fun watching Impact than I did tonight, but if they can keep bringing in crowds like they had in Chicago then they'll start seeing more interest.
This sums up tonight PERFECTLY. Good job, brotha. (Y)

·
Registered
484 Posts

I actually remembered to dvr tonights show ( in truth I forgot, but text my wife and told her to do it). I guess I'm going to be ffing through lots of commercials. Sting vs AA sounded epic as well as dark AJ appearance.

I would imagine the amount of commercials is to help pay those on-the-road expenses that always seemed to be brought up when the subject of TNA going on the road was discussed here. Gotta take your good with the bad I guess.

·
Banned
180 Posts

I'll watch it again tomorrow, perhaps its better the second time around.

They really need to sort out the production problems though, its every single episode outside the IZ we have the same issues with logos/sound/music/volume/camera shots.

Its really bush league at times. For example. they don't fade out the 'coming next on spike' text in the bottom right hand corner when showing another on-screen caption, so they end up over-lapping each other. They also didnt take out the commentary when showing replays so the guys were commenting over their own commentary from earlier in the show!

Basic errors.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts

I would imagine the amount of commercials is to help pay those on-the-road expenses that always seemed to be brought up when the subject of TNA going on the road was discussed here. Gotta take your good with the bad I guess.
lol, I DVR impact every week anyways(at least the weeks where BBT is on, so I can start Impact at 8:30,meaning I'll have 30 mins of commercials throughout the show I can skip).

I'm surprised they haven't gotten ring ads. Since the stuff with Direct is over, thought they might get someone else as an advertiser now.

That's something I wished WWE did(ads on the barricades, just like hockey). TNA could have done something like that too, but they have steel barricades instead, so they won't be able to. Though maybe they'll do what NBA does with the vertically sliding ad wall we see by the announcers table. Or the scrolling LED ads surrounding soccer/football field.

TNA brawls do tend to last until the next morning like Hispanic block parties.

Wrestling shows are always promo heavy after PPVs because they are either starting new feuds, or continuing the fall out of what happened at the PPV.
In some cases it's a transition show to next week. Nothing wrong with it as long as what's presented on the current show is entertaining.
Sadly, not WWE. Post PPV shows are just shows where we recap everything that happened at the last PPV and advertise that the next PPV is happening, but don't mention what's happening at it.

I think the brawl lasted so long cause they just had extra time on the show till the 2hrs was over. I thought something else might have happened, cause with no Bellator live, TNA could have had an overrun, but of all weeks that TNA has oppertunity for overrun, it's the one week where like 2 mins before the 10pmEST mark,the show could have ended.
lol,would have been funny if next episode of Impact started off exactly where this episode left off(since they're being taped back to back). So we'd still see guys brawling a week later in the ring

·
Registered
1,476 Posts

No Eric Young? that surprised me.

Rob Terry needs a new bodyguard gig.

Aces beating down everybody was cool, the ending was so-so. Decent/Good show.

1141 - 1160 of 1284 Posts