Wrestling Forum banner

3/10 TNA Impact taping SPOILERS

15343 Views 129 Replies 65 Participants Last post by  morris3333
Source: PWInsider
3/10/11 Taping:

*Pope Dinero nailed Samoa Joe with a foreign object to score the pin.

*TNA Knockouts champion Madison Rayne cut a promo challenging any Knockout past or present to face her. Out comes Roxxi. Rayne defeats her. No one in NC seemed to know who Roxxi was. Mickie James made the save.

*Angelina from Jersey Shore, Sarita and Cookie defeated Velvet Sky, Winter and Angelina Love. Angelina was exactly what you would expect from someone working their first match.

*Ink Inc. defeated Generation Me. Beer Money did commentary.

*New TNA champion Sting comes out and cuts a promo, saying that it's no secret he had other offers, but he is loyal to TNA as they are his brand. He starts getting emotional and says that he respects Jeff Hardy but Hardy made the wrong choices. Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff come out and they go back and forth on WCW and their past. Mr. Anderson comes out and demands his title rematch. Jeff Hardy comes out and says that if anyone is getting a rematch, it's him. This brings out RVD, who says that he wants his shot at the title. Hogan announces Sting vs. Jeff Hardy will be the main event of Victory Road. Hogan and Bischoff set up a tag team main event.

*Matt Hardy defeated AJ Styles in a good brawl. Ric Flair managed Hardy and this was North Carolina, so guess who the babyfaces were?

*TNA champion Sting and RVD defeated Jeff Hardy and Mr. Anderson. It was OK but the entire time, I kept thinking that it made no sense that any of these guys wanted to team with the other.
Reactions: seabs
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

· Registered
3,242 Posts
Aj Styles loses to Matt Hardy in another match?

So much for Fortune. They should have remained in Immortal if they weren't going to get a strong push. So much for tearing immortal apart piece by piece as well.

Whatever.

· Registered
1,419 Posts

So much for Fortune. They should have remained in Immortal if they weren't going to get a strong push. So much for tearing immortal apart piece by piece as well.

Whatever.
flair and the hardys are from NC so it's normal for a hometown favorite to go over in those circumstances. it happens in the E all the time too. i figure it's courtesy to the wrestlers when they are in their home town areas it's really nothing new. once they exit NC aj will start kicking ass. it would be the same case if they did a show in georgia aj wouldn't lose then.

· Squared Circle Gimmick
5,636 Posts

Whatever.
So what. Just have AJ go over Matt Hardy at Victory Road.

flair and the hardys are from NC so it's normal for a hometown favorite to go over in those circumstances. it happens in the E all the time too. i figure it's courtesy to the wrestlers when they are in their home town areas it's really nothing new. once they exit NC aj will start kicking ass. it would be the same case if they did a show in georgia aj wouldn't lose then.
Nowadays, McMahon likes to have his Wrestlers job in their hometowns...

· Registered
1,419 Posts
lol doesn't surprise me anymore. i suppose you have to do that sometimes just to keep it from being exceptionally predictable but then again the E has been around a long time and the occasional loss by a long time veteran probably needs to happen to not make it absurdly predictable.

· Registered
3,242 Posts
I would have preferred they hold off on a Matt Hardy vs. Aj Styles match until victory road. They could have been close to fighting and slowly built up to the pay off match.

Styles losing a house show to Hardy in his home town would not be such a problem. It is they give it all away so quick.

· Registered
1,727 Posts
If I had to say one of the shows they taped today looked better than the other, I’d go with this one, but I wouldn’t say it looks good either.

They keep finding ways to make me less interested in the main event scene. No combo of Sting, Hardy, RVD & Anderson excites me. At least Morgan isn’t in the mix any more.

I’m not an Ink Inc fan, but them in the title picture is better than Gunner & Murphy. I hope this doesn’t lead to them as champs or in Immortal. I know I’m repeating myself, but they really need another strong team or two.

While I’m down on Matt Hardy and think AJ should be in a higher profile spot after the Fortune turn (at most, he’s in the 4th most important feud between active wrestlers), I guess these two could do something decent.

Whatever happened to that talk of the X Division being revitalized? It appears they’ll go 3 weeks w/o an X Division match (yet there’ll be a Rob Terry singles match and that six-woman tag), Gen Me are the only X guys to get a match in that time, and the title feud they were seemingly building looks to have been dropped (not that I wanted to see Kazarian/Robbie).

Unlike the lack of X Division, I’m surprised by the lack of 3D. I guess they’ll do vignettes for that, but I would have thought those two would do something in ring.

Looking at the spoilers, I have absolutely no idea what half of the PPV card is. Hopefully it’s more obvious in its televised form. What I can gather looks underwhelming.

· StarStruck
2,098 Posts
I'm one of TNA's biggest fans on this forum but even i feel a bit "Meh" at the tapings, I'm seething over Jeff losing the TNA title AGAIN, I mean wtf, why have him win then lose 3 weeks later. I'm just questioning TNA's decision there.

As another, "Sting Returning/ and seeing how Impact looks in front on an actual Crowd" are the only things that interest me tbh.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.